No announcement yet.

Stable ROM for MXV S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Does anyone know how to get the WIFI and the remote working on a MXV because I installed OpenElec 6.0 Linux version and now, my WIFI is not working nor is my remote? I have to use a USB keyboard to move around which is annoying.

Thanks

Comment

I found a newer v version 1228 on Russian 4PDA forum. No idea what is changed.
      https://mega.nz/#!UBF1iLBY!ec6VGrfdk...FhwRyitiUJLMXw

Comment

Okay, I will try this and let you know if it fixes the issues. Thanks again for your assistance

Comment

Oh well, it did not work, in fact, I could not even boot into recovery once I used this firmware. Any other ideas on how to get the remote working on a MXV with OpenElec 6.0?

Comment

How do put MXV into recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Butter View Post
              Oh well, it did not work, in fact, I could not even boot into recovery once I used this firmware.
              You mean the new MKV S805 firmware 1228?
              Originally posted by Butter View Post
              Any other ideas on how to get the remote working on a MXV with OpenElec 6.0?
              Maybe you'll find these links useful:
              Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes. Contribute to kszaq/OpenELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.

Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?
              A: Try both MXQ and HD18Q releases. If this doesn't work, grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder. You may need to remap some buttons, though.
              Also, if that fails, you can try one of those:
              http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Gu...our_own_remote
              http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Gu...and_Remap_Keys
              Last edited by longo213; 03-22-2016, 14:56. Reason: update

Comment

Bobobalde did you ever try that other version for openelec want to put it on my friends MXV QUOTE=bobobalde;n558623]

Hello,

I have installed it on mine - I happened to use a version for the MXQ from amlinx(dot)ru/image (version 6) - OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-MXQ-6.0.0.zip

Unzip that to a USB stick (3 files in the zip), go into recovery on your box (either toothpick method or use an app and root in android)

Go to apply update from udisk, click the file on the USB then wait for it to flash.

Here is the strange bit though, once flashed, once you turn on the box if you are not holding the power button it will just turn itself off... for me the workaround was to plug a usb male to male cable from USB port 1 to USB port 4, then the box stays on and everything is working fine.

I believe this version will also work....

Get the HD18Q version

Install in the same way as above (I do not know if that version has the same glitch with the power button, if it does the USB cable method may work - i will try this version today or tomorrow and let you know).

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by pithboss1972 View Post
                  Bobobalde did you ever try that other version for openelec want to put it on my friends MXV QUOTE=bobobalde;n558623]

Hello,

I have installed it on mine - I happened to use a version for the MXQ from amlinx(dot)ru/image (version 6) - OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-MXQ-6.0.0.zip

Unzip that to a USB stick (3 files in the zip), go into recovery on your box (either toothpick method or use an app and root in android)

Go to apply update from udisk, click the file on the USB then wait for it to flash.

Here is the strange bit though, once flashed, once you turn on the box if you are not holding the power button it will just turn itself off... for me the workaround was to plug a usb male to male cable from USB port 1 to USB port 4, then the box stays on and everything is working fine.

I believe this version will also work....

Get the HD18Q version

Install in the same way as above (I do not know if that version has the same glitch with the power button, if it does the USB cable method may work - i will try this version today or tomorrow and let you know).
                  [/QUOTE]

Hello,

Sorry I dont really check this forum very often.
                  I didnt try it but i beleive somebody did in this thread and indicated that it didnt work. For me the MXQ version from amlinux is working fine as long as I have the usb cable plugged between ports 1 and 4. It even shuts down correctly.

Comment

Hey. I'm using the tronsmart rom that was posted a while back. My question is, do the roms have any impact on the video playback? Or should they all manage videos the same(since its more about codecs and the actual media player app, right?)

My issue is a few of my recent downloads look horrible. Some h264 files have a bunch of dithering artifacts and blocky gradient issues. Some of my HEVC files show purple and/or green blocks over the video(or just shows the first keyframe of the video, and nothing past that. Audio still plays)
                    I think a few of those can be chalked up to the video being 10-bit, but on a few of those, its still 8-bit x265 which SHOULD play fine, right?
                    I dont want to try swapping roms if thats deff fruitless(since rebuilding my kodi library takes over an hour each time)

All the videos play fine on my PC.

Comment

Just to let you know this libreELEC works without needing the USB cable plugged between ports 1 and 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X