Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daver
    replied
    I can not for the life of me get my device recognized by either flash tool. I had no issues installing the drivers and I can manually put it in flash mode, but the flashing tools never see it. I've tried a few cables and every USB port on my laptop as well. I suppose I can try tomorrow on my deskptop, but any input? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Peck
    replied
    Usb stick problem

Hello,
    I'm new in this forum. I just got my MK908, flashed Finless Rom 1.5 and everything went good. Thank you Bob for a great rom, much smoother than the stock one! I noticed that after flash the MK908 won't recognize my Datatraveler usb stick anymore. Is this a common issue? Other question: Is MX player the best app to watch movies? I had a video in my micro sd-card but although the picture was very sharp I noticed some lagging with it.

Leave a comment:

• metsudo
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    1080P Kernel if you want it!
    Hello all, first time poster here ! My MK908 came today and I've successfully flashed the 1.5 ROM however I just had a quick question:

I've flashed it with the 1080p kernel and boot img's however every time it boots it seems to default straight to 720p resolution. I can obviously change this manually however it'd be nice if it stayed at 1080p the whole time. Is this normal or have I possibly overlooked something in the flashing process ?

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulations on your fantastic work

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Originally posted by demost View Post
    Dont give me any credit someone else made it and I found it on another thread. But yeah it's nice and simple I even used the image to make a simple boot animation too.

the boot animation can be found here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv7dqmxzd4...tanimation.zip

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

D

Leave a comment:

• demost
    replied
    Dont give me any credit someone else made it and I found it on another thread. But yeah it's nice and simple I even used the image to make a simple boot animation too.

the boot animation can be found here

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
    I really like this flash screen. Nice and simple but still giving credit where credit is do. I found the original screen to be a bit overstated.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied

I really like this flash screen. Nice and simple but still giving credit where credit is do. I found the original screen to be a bit overstated.

Leave a comment:

• demost
    replied
    Custom boot.img

Hey Bob,

I sent the PM's you asked for. Do you have any time to set up that custom boot.img.

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• bakerbarber
    replied
    I'm going to subscribe to this thread in case anyone comments on a video stutter fix.

Until then, my 908 will sit in a drawer.

I don't feel like moving the mouse constantly and the main reason I plugged a stick into my TV was for videos.

I'm sure we'll get a resolution eventually. I just wish I could contribute to the effort.

I appreciate everyone's hard work, research, and teamwork here improving everything. I'm grateful for all the time spent by you all peeling back the layers of the onion!

Leave a comment:

• demost
    replied
    Custom boot screen.

Here is the image. Thanks. Do i just change the boot.img file with the one that contains this image?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Sure... but I am not a graphics guy! Tattman65 makes all my graphics. So cook something up and I will do it. But hit me up quick! time is limited....
    Requirements:
    1280x720 PNG format.

Bob
    PM me a link to a dropbox with the full image.... I will do it right away since I do in fact have a little time tonight as I am relaxing and having a beer .

Yes I will give you a boot.img with this and no need to erase. Just flash boot.img and BAM... you got what you wanted.

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 06-11-2013, 03:32.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Hey bob great work. Could you make a 720p custom splash screen for me? I think you did it for another person on another thread, it was the google tv logo and it just read "google tv powered by finless" I wanted a crisp simple splash screen that still credits you.

Thanks in advance man
    Sure... but I am not a graphics guy! Tattman65 makes all my graphics. So cook something up and I will do it. But hit me up quick! time is limited....
    Requirements:
    1280x720 PNG format.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• demost
    replied
    Custom splash screen request

Hey bob great work. Could you make a 720p custom splash screen for me? I think you did it for another person on another thread, it was the google tv logo and it just read "google tv powered by finless" I wanted a crisp simple splash screen that still credits you.

Thanks in advance man

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Rockchip has NEVER released sources ever! The only sources we have gotten were leaked!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• grindy
    replied
    Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
    Full android sources has always been available, yes?

Kernel source is out, but some drivers are not completely open source if I'm not mistaken.

Signature? Signature!
    i was a partner with amlogic for a hot minute. they had a seperate set of sources from the AOSP that was customized with all their hooks for stagefright and binary blobs,whatnot. I assume rockchip has the same and has sources for their stuff. or like you said, at least closed binary blobs to be added to aosp sources. has anyone ever gotten rockchip's actual android sources? like for the proprietary stuff?

Leave a comment:

• JugsteR
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by grindy View Post
    so any luck bob with the rk3188 stutter fix? is it because these things are outputting at 50hz? is that where the hdmi timing issue is coming from? are there full android sources yet as well as kernel?
    Full android sources has always been available, yes?

Kernel source is out, but some drivers are not completely open source if I'm not mistaken.

Signature? Signature!

Leave a comment:

• grindy
    replied
    so any luck bob with the rk3188 stutter fix? is it because these things are outputting at 50hz? is that where the hdmi timing issue is coming from? are there full android sources yet as well as kernel?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X