• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brunson
    replied
    Originally posted by bkling View Post
    try using better dc adapter..
    That worked for me and I couldn't believe it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sevo1984
    replied
    Originally posted by dennisdg View Post
    Folks, I'm having difficulty getting my Tronsmart MK908 into 'flash mode' ready for flashing.
    Neither the ROM flash tool v137 or the alternate reboot flash tool sees my MK908.
    I haven't made a hardware reset yet as the thing is actually working but I do want to install the Finless ROM.
    Dennis
    Hi Denis, I had the same experience and used the hardware switch without much bothering, everything went on smooth.
    Maybe you can also try this: install terminal and type "su" than "reboot bootloader". See what happens, as I am not sure how this will work if drivers were not installed. It might give it a desired windows "bong". Anyhow, make sure to have new drivers installed properly before you flash or erase nand (3188 drivers are different from 3066 if you used that stick before, but conveniently they are backward compatible). Hope this might help. Goran

Leave a comment:

• dennisdg
    replied
    Did you ever find out how to do this?
    If so how?

Thanks

Dennisdg

Originally posted by Chakumo View Post
    Hi, Bob

how can i wake up the mk908 in sleep mode with Logitech k400 keyboard?

Leave a comment:

• Adisopot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chakumo View Post
    Logitech k400 wireless keyboard fix?
    Working like a charm

Leave a comment:

• sevo1984
    replied
    Finless 1.5

Got my mk908 yesterday, flashed Bob's 1.5 rom, everything seems to be working just fine (including new fly mouse keyboard, to my surprise the only problem appears to be my vision, need an extra pair of glasses, don't think that even Bob can fix it.
    My only objection is so far only to a pretty large mouse pointer, which is not to my liking, but that is matter of taste after all.
    Another thing I miss is command line to check cpu temperature (used to be something like: cat /sys/module/tsadc/parameters/temp*...). Bob, would you please tell me if there is any alternative? I tried it on the stock rom before i flashed and it was also not working. Later on I had a closer look, the directory with that name simply doesn't exist. Many thanks, G

Leave a comment:

• Chakumo
    replied
    New Update Rom

Hi, Bob

when will be a new update?

Leave a comment:

• kanwisher
    replied
    Oops I just checked my nexus it was under the advanced tab at the top right under the "storage" settings tab, it says "USB storage connection". Glad you got it figured out though!

Leave a comment:

• dennisdg
    replied
    kanwisher

Thanks for the suggestions.
    For some reason I cannot find on my MK908 advanced in USB settings....anyway I finally managed to reflash it this morning by using the hardware reset button on the unit.
    All is well now.
    Cheers

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
    Dennisdg, personally I had to use the alternative method. Make sure USB plugged into the otg port. Go ahead and turn USB debugging on. Check under advanced in USB settings to make sure the 3rd option is checked, not the 1st one or the camera option. Make sure you follow the directions on installing the drivers. See if that works for you.

Leave a comment:

• lukacszs
    replied
    Use newer ROM

Originally posted by lich17 View Post
    Hello,

I have such problem with skype, i connect camera - Logitech C270 (its seems to be work). Install skype, make video call, its dailing but when other side hang up - the calling is failed.
    Without camera the same situation.

What it can be?
    Thank you.

Tronsmart T428
    Firwmare - NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official"

OMG, sorry, i mistaken with thread - please move to NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official",

Thank you.
    I think it's an audio problem. I use the newest ROM from tronsmart (17th of June) and it seems that this problem is already fixed.

Link to that ROM:

Guys, here is the newest firmware for Tronsmart T428. Fix the usb audio problem,now you can do skype video chat with your Tronsmart T428.(tested with Logitech C170 Web camera) Here is the firmware download link: http://d-h.st/Mj2 This is the 720P firmware, and i also ask them to put a real 1080P rom,and i am uploading […]

Leave a comment:

• Agustin47
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Hi guys! I have noticed that hd youtube videos won't play smoothly, youtube app is always buffering and will not play correctly. But, if i play smae video hd throw youtube website it plays fine... seems to be somethinh wrong with youtube app.

Also, Netflix won't play fine, always gettinh skip frames and low quality (no internet problem)

Leave a comment:

• pitha
    replied
    Stuck in bootloop; loops at google tv screen

Hi, i just soft bricked my device. It is in a bootloop. There was a method with short circuiting some pins of the 808b of the flash chip to get into a special recovery mode and use the Rockchip batch tool to restore rom. Can anyone help me out do this on the MK908 maybe with a photo showing which pins to short circuit so I can get into recovery mode. I tried flashing every kernel, img etc. I think this short circuit method is the way to go now.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated in unbricking my device... thanks

Leave a comment:

• kanwisher
    replied
    Dennisdg, personally I had to use the alternative method. Make sure USB plugged into the otg port. Go ahead and turn USB debugging on. Check under advanced in USB settings to make sure the 3rd option is checked, not the 1st one or the camera option. Make sure you follow the directions on installing the drivers. See if that works for you.

Leave a comment:

• dennisdg
    replied
    Help with flashing

Folks, I'm having difficulty getting my Tronsmart MK908 into 'flash mode' ready for flashing.
    Neither the ROM flash tool v137 or the alternate reboot flash tool sees my MK908.
    Windows 7 does seem to recognize the MK908 as Windows Explorer does see the files and folders in it.
    I am connecting the MK908 to my pc via the OTG mini usb port.
    I have tried different PC usb ports (front and back of the desktop pc).
    See attached images.

In the MK908 settings I cannot see where to make sure 'USB storage is turned ON'.
    Under Device USB all I see is 'Connect to PC'
    Under Storage I see Internal Storage with Total Space,Available, Apps (app data & media content) Cached data and Misc.
    The under NAND Flash Total space Apps etc.. and SD CARD (empty as it isn't installed).
    I do see Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off.

I haven't made a hardware reset yet as the thing is actually working but I do want to install the Finless ROM.

Please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Dennis
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Darian
    replied
    @Kanwisher : Wifi display is useful when your smartphone are more powerfull than your mk908.
    This allows the use of applications that are not allowed on mk908 but are allowed on your smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• kanwisher
    replied
    Thank you!

Finless, I check this forum everyday, but I registered to show my appreciation for your work on the MK908 rom. It has made a night and day difference on my device. I went from absolutely regretting buying it, to being mostly happy with it. The video problems are much less noticeable in my opinion and I feel the device is also more stable. I originally loaded the 1080p kernel and rom and had a very unstable experience, it was just really chugging along trying to catch up with me, I switched to the 720p defaults you had set and everything was much better.

I encourage you to keep working on it!

Hopefully you won't take some suggestions the wrong way if I list some:

0. This is most important all to me, speed and smoothness. I bought this device as a media player with some web browsing abilities to make my smart tv smarter. I was mortified when I saw video playback on the stock rom. Anything that can make this device snappier and play videos back better will bring this device to another level.

now for some nitpicks

1. The finless boot screen looks like it was created in paint, have a graphic designer make something a little sleeker, improve boot speed

2. Have options for mouse pointers, or sizes. My favorite improvement was how you made the mouse smaller as it was ridiculously huge and terrible when I first got my device.

3. Are you familiar with paranoid android? In PA they have an option to close all running apps on the recently used apps (the button looks like a staircase almost), and then another click will close the app that is currently open. This is FAR superior on a mouse and keyboard interface as clicking and swiping is slow and tedious.

4. I can't put my finger on it, but the notification clock/running apps on the bottom right seems to be different than standard tablets/phones. Getting to the settings takes a few unusual clicks. (could just not be familiar with it)

5. Google Earth seems to crash (I hardly use it though)

6. And probably the most difficult request)) really anything that will have the device act MORE like a mouse and keyboard device than a touch screen device

7. download speeds/browsing doesn't seem as fast as my desktop in terms of data speed, even though I have a perfect wireless connection, is this a limitation of the device?

8. I'm not sure what arrangement I was in, but the google search bar was fast and frankly SEXY on the 1080p kernel (I'm thinking that was the only difference) but when I loaded your rom defaults, it was this chinese rehash of the bar, seemed sluggish and ugly.

Also, can someone explain what the purpose of the wifi display is? I know what it does, but I can't think of any benefit of using it.

Again thank you for the hard work, I look forward to more roms for this device and I hope you and other developers continue to support this device in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X