Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vlsi2000
    replied
    According to Eric @ GeekBuying, Tronsmart recently made changes in the WiFi antenna and CPU voltage to address heat problem.
    By that I presume this latest hardware runs cooler and draws less current than the previous ones.
    If one is able to flash with old firmware and have heat issue (or runs hot) then chances are the hardware is not the latest batch that Tronsmart introduced very recently like past week or so.
    Tronsmart acknowledged that their very latest hardware does not work with the existing ROMs and so released one that would unbrick the latest batch.
    I guess this means MK908 boards with v3.0 written on them aren't all the same.

Leave a comment:

• plinkykev
    replied
    Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Yup, it's the same version of hardware that has the boot loop issue.
    The shiny metal package thing that you refer to is the WiFi module.
    I think it reads AP6210 from your picture.
    That's same as beenii and GeekBuying's.

But look how GeekBuying's board has its patch antenna connected through a short piece of coaxial cable, whereas ours are connected with metal spring at the end of the board (same side as AP6210 module) where it reads 'ANT'.

Our boards are different from the earlier version (the vast majority at this point) that does not have this boot loop issue.

That being said, perhaps someone who recently received their MK908 that looks like ours and flashed successfully could confirm whether or not this boot loop issue is unique to the latest board version as ours shown above.
    Hi. My MK908 is a new v3.0 board, as pictured, with the AP6210 chip. I wasn't aware of any differences until now, when I opened it up to check. I've flashed lots of the ROMs from here (Finless 1.5/MK809_HFW_1.1.2_720p/MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.v1.4/etc) and not had any boot loop issues at all. For reference, I always flash by holding in the button, then plugging in the USB cable.

My only issue, and why I have flashed so many ROMs (!), is that once the unit heats up, it "drops" the USB link. Please note however that it does NOT reboot the MK908 fully, just unmounts+remounts the USB connections.

My setup is an MK908 with stock 5v-2A PSU (I have also ran it with the one from my MK808 too - same issue). The MK908 is then hooked up to a mains powered BELKIN 7-port hub. Attached to this is my 1TB 2.5" Toshiba stor-E drive (bus powered) and the receiver for my RC11 fly mouse. This setup was identical to the MK808, which never rebooted at all, or dropped the USB link, so is an MK908 issue I think.

I have plugged the hub into the main full size USB port, and also into the OTG port (via an OTG adaptor), and either way, the USB link drops, and then remounts. Occasionally this does not happen, and I need to reboot the kit manually to get the hub "seen" again by the MK908. At this point however it's generally hot, and will drop the link within 5 minutes or so. Not great.

Anyone else seen this USB issue? Any ideas on a fix?

I am about to flash the new Tronsmart firmware that GeekBuying advised on earlier today, so will see how that works. Seems a pain to go back to "stock", but if it works in the interim, it will do for me. Well, at least until Finless or Hoaby get a shiny new custom ROM out, based on this one! :-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    See my post here
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6373-MK908-Android-4-2-2-Complete-SDK-Released!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually sells for $5000 by Rockchip.
    Over 7.5 GB of files once installed.
    OOOO MY GOD !!!

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    MK908 Android 4.2.2 Complete SDK Released

See my post here
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6373-MK908-Android-4-2-2-Complete-SDK-Released!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually sells for $5000 by Rockchip.
    Over 7.5 GB of files once installed.

Leave a comment:

• palulukanmaktoyu
    replied
    update: using the psu supplied , the mk908 has been rock solid this time hahahah
    amazing that a grifin 2amp adapter can't manage

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

and new firmware for tronsmart mk908 is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...0802update.rar
    Thanks for your super quick response to the problem.
    My MK908 is booting correctly again.

Is official 1080p ROM for the new hardware planed for any time soon?
    hoabycsr started to work on it already and with a bit of luch we might see it posted within the next few hours.
    I'm just wondering if the official one is in the pipeline too.

Thanks again for your outstanding support!

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Thank you. I will start work on a custom rom immediately.
    I can't wait to try your 1080p ROM for the latest hardware!!!

Leave a comment:

• hoabycsr
    replied
    Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

Thank you. I will start work on a custom rom immediately.

Leave a comment:

• vlsi2000
    replied
    beefier power supply for solution for all problems

Seriously those who insist on beefier power supply for all problems should measure how much current it actually draws before suggesting it.

Leave a comment:

• beenii
    replied

Thank you very much. I am very pleased with your support!

I was one of the unlucky ones, who got one of the newer MK908's and am now again able to use the device. to the extend of how stable this rom is, i cant attest for now, but it boots up again and this fact makes me very happy. i can confirm, that this ROM works.
    thank you
    Beenii

Leave a comment:

• hoabycsr
    replied
    Originally posted by videoguyla View Post
    The statement that you cannot use a pc does not make any sense. The system couldnt be flashed if the pc couldn't power the unit. Once I flashed the unit the power light won't stay lit.
    Agreed. I've done antutu testing and lots of other things while runing off my pc's power. I know it's not quite what it should be but it does indeed work.

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
    @geekbuying

Does this mean other units, other brands, could be affected as well?

Signature? Signature!

Leave a comment:

• JugsteR
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

@geekbuying

Does this mean other units, other brands, could be affected as well?

Signature? Signature!

Leave a comment:

• videoguyla
    replied
    PC power

The statement that you cannot use a pc does not make any sense. The system couldnt be flashed if the pc couldn't power the unit. Once I flashed the unit the power light won't stay lit.
    Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
    regardless of what the manufacturer says you CAN NOT RUN THESE devices off a USB port in a tv or computer there isn't enough power
    lack of power will cause everything from random reboots,screen flicker,crashes and other weird bugs you must have a 5V 5AMP power supply to run this

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    When will we have access to this rom?

uploading to mediafire, need about 2-3 hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X