• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasazn
    replied
    Similar TV Box

Hi all,

Can I flash this on a similar TV Box with same hardware?

http://www.****.com/itm/Quad-Core-An...item41750a3d53
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kensuguro
    replied
    alternative boot image/animation

i fell asleep while watching something on netflix and the device had rebooted, and was stuck on the reboot screen. I woke up an hour later to find that the reboot screen had caused some burn in on the tv. I ran the tv's built in burn fixer for 15 min and it was fixed, but this can potentially be a problem.

seeing that my device reboots and hangs a lot, I think a less contrasty, darker animation sequence would be safer. i was also thinking a noise pattern could be helpfull since if it gets stuck, it would just be fixing itself. (provided the animation still plays)

Leave a comment:

• taney
    replied
    Originally posted by Pizza View Post
    THANK YOU! =)

Leave a comment:

• Pizza
    replied
    Originally posted by taney View Post
    Hi Bob! Thanks so much for giving us options. What power adapters do you recommend? How many volts and amps?

Also, mine only freezes when it's related to WIFI and when it reboots, sometimes WIFI becomes disabled. Is that still a power related issue?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated! =)
    Use a Apple Ipad adapter like

Leave a comment:

• taney
    replied
    Originally posted by Asvald View Post
    Great to read from you Bob, I think some of us were afraid you were not interested in MK908 anymore.

About power source, I have troubles with my external disk: MK908 continuously detects and loses it, non-stop, making it impossible to use at all. I guess it's the same, probably due to the power source.

Anyone has hints or advice on how to find a reliable one, please?

Also, for those who followed my unsuccessful attempts to install the Finless ROM, I had no time to try the latest solution suggested... Will keep you posted when I do.

Take care
    I tried many times to flash the Finless 1.5 on my MK908 in Windows 8 and had no luck but I was able to do it on Windows 7 x64 test box without any issues.

Leave a comment:

• taney
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Stability issues like your having are usually power issues!
    Many have had to upgrade to a better power supply.

Bob
    Hi Bob! Thanks so much for giving us options. What power adapters do you recommend? How many volts and amps?

Also, mine only freezes when it's related to WIFI and when it reboots, sometimes WIFI becomes disabled. Is that still a power related issue?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated! =)

Leave a comment:

• Asvald
    replied
    Great to read from you Bob, I think some of us were afraid you were not interested in MK908 anymore.

About power source, I have troubles with my external disk: MK908 continuously detects and loses it, non-stop, making it impossible to use at all. I guess it's the same, probably due to the power source.

Anyone has hints or advice on how to find a reliable one, please?

Also, for those who followed my unsuccessful attempts to install the Finless ROM, I had no time to try the latest solution suggested... Will keep you posted when I do.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Stability issues like your having are usually power issues!
    Many have had to upgrade to a better power supply.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Sol-geek-newbie
    replied
    Hello peeps

I am a Freak Tab newbie - and a TV Stick newbie too - so go easy on me please!

I've registered here in the hope that someone could provide a bit of help...

I bought the MK908 from geek buying site and the unit is totally unstable - it keeps crashing when watching things like bbc.com videos (using correct flash plugin 11 and Firefox from play store). You tube app seems to randomly crash, as do the in built browser - it's driving me nuts.

Do other people have the same experience?

I've flashed with latest geek buying firmware (1080p) - made no difference.
    Update on 8th May, our friend help to take a video for how to update the firmware, see here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzLWzL6jod4   Ok, guys, this is the step by step instruction for how to flash stock firmware in Tronsmart MK908; Flashing the Firmware 1. Please download the stock firmware you want to flash here https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/category/android-tv-stick-tv-box/tronsmart-t428/ […]

Should I try Finless 1.5v - or is the tronsmart version above more recent?

Feeling like this was a waste of 100 bucks!

Thank you for any help.

NB
    Originally posted by dezejongeman View Post
    is there anyone who could give me the answers to the questions I asked a couple posts earlier about the k400 keybord?
    I am also using k400 keyboard works great with browser, but not well with youtube (have to use the android keys which sux) and there is no pinching action on the keypad - just simple touchpad.

Leave a comment:

• dezejongeman
    replied
    Originally posted by debber1212 View Post
    Can I use supersu to deroot a dunked Bob rooted ROM or will this break the ROM?
    I would say test it. it is alway possible to flash the rom again.

by the way, official rom is rooted to so no difference there.

is there anyone who could give me the answers to the questions I asked a couple posts earlier about the k400 keybord?

Leave a comment:

• debber1212
    replied
    Originally posted by dezejongeman View Post
    maybe try this: http://highonandroid.com/android-app...versal-method/ or trie to find a cracked app which works on rooted devices.
    Can I use supersu to deroot a dunked Bob rooted ROM or will this break the ROM?

Leave a comment:

• tdriver
    replied
    removed
    Last edited by tdriver; 07-24-2013, 20:06. Reason: wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• dezejongeman
    replied
    Originally posted by debber1212 View Post
    Gents,

Any chance there's a ROM for MK908 that's completely Stock and no Root access? I've been trying to run Good For Enterprise on this little guy, but keep getting blocked do to compliance and it detecting Root access. I've tried everything from SuperSU to Hide my Root but it still detects it. I'm not savvy enough to run scripts and what not so just looking to use this little guy to actually work from when at home.

I need to have a NON Rooted Rom however in order for Good to work. Any ideas?
    maybe try this: http://highonandroid.com/android-app...versal-method/ or trie to find a cracked app which works on rooted devices.

Leave a comment:

• debber1212
    replied
    NON Rooted ROM

Gents,

Any chance there's a ROM for MK908 that's completely Stock and no Root access? I've been trying to run Good For Enterprise on this little guy, but keep getting blocked do to compliance and it detecting Root access. I've tried everything from SuperSU to Hide my Root but it still detects it. I'm not savvy enough to run scripts and what not so just looking to use this little guy to actually work from when at home.

I need to have a NON Rooted Rom however in order for Good to work. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• dezejongeman
    replied
    pinching and mousing with logitech k400 and other stuff.

i have a mk908 to (finless 1.5 4.2 720P). I controll it with maesy rc11, but it isn't working fine. somtimes it walks over the screen and zoom in orout doesn't work well this way.

So I thought maybe the k400 is a better solution, but I have got a couple of questions with it. is the touchpad big enough for practical use and does the zooming well by pinching the pad?

how does power up work ones it is turned off? now I pull the wall plug and put it again.

the last thing is a question to the man with a lott of credits and deserves some from me to (Finless Bob).
    is there a program to make to change the bootscreen. this way you everone with every kind of stick can put them their boot.img.
    personaly I like this one simpel and clean. If it isn't possible, may a littlle poll somwere which to use?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X