• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Busty290 View Post

Hi Ballz2k7!
    These are the pins to be connected by USB to TTL adapter board PCB
    It will arrive?
    Thank you

host image

They look right, but not sure what the extra pins are for, maybe they are clock pins. Connecting Rx, Tx and GND wont damage anything anyway.

Comment

Yes those right which I marked in red rectangle.
      I can't find drivers for the adapter.
      Back to help me please Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ballz2k7 View Post
        Connect the Rx, Tx and GND pins from your adaptor to the corresponding pins on the board of the mbox.
        Setup a new connection in hyperterminal(after installing your usb > uart adaptor), connect to the serial port (COMxx) that got installed with your adaptor. Use 115200 Baud, 8 Data Bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bits.
        Power on your mbox, go straight to the pc and click connect, you should see text appearing in your window containing the bootup log. If it hangs try pressing CTRL-C to interupt the bootup over serial. Then maybe post back the part of the log where it dies.
        No result: I connected the pins on the PCB of the box
        the TX and RX GND pin to GND pin TXD and RXD of the adapter
        UART serial/usb I launched Hyperterminal as you said
        and with the settings shown, but nothing happens, no text appears. Flow control what you put?

If I have to put the jumper on the adapter UART(3,3v vcc)
        as received?
        Any help is appreciated. If I cant do anything let me know, thanks.

caricare immagini

Last edited by Busty290; 05-07-2016, 19:27.

Comment

I needed to power on the pcb, then without vcc/3.3v just RX, TX, GND connected, I then clicked connect and watched a text boot up log start to appear. I didnt change any other settings than stated. Maybe your board is hard bricked, unless they are not the correct pins. The serial port is usually close to the main CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Busty290 View Post
            Yes those right which I marked in red rectangle.
            I can't find drivers for the adapter.
            Back to help me please Thank you

I posted drivers 2 years ago do search on this forum and you will find
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post

I posted drivers 2 years ago do search on this forum and you will find
              Thank you! The drivers I could find, but debugging does not work.

Comment

I needed to power on the pcb, then without vcc/3.3v just RX, TX, GND connected, I then clicked connect and watched a text boot up log start to appear. I didnt change any other settings than stated. Maybe your board is hard bricked, unless they are not the correct pins. The serial port is usually close to the main CPU.
                I did everything but it doesn't work.
                The pins are the ones or those that we see in the image?
                Thank you
                1 or 2?

upload immagini

Comment

I would say location 2. GPIO_0 GPIO_1 and GND. Pretty sure these are your rx/tx ports, just labelled with the hardware label, not sure which will be set as data+ or data -, it shouldnt harm your device to try them either way, gnd should be used too.

Comment

I would say location 2. GPIO_0 GPIO_1 and GND. Pretty sure these are your rx/tx ports, just labelled with the hardware label, not sure which will be set as data+ or data -, it shouldnt harm your device to try them either way, gnd should be used too.
                    Thank you! Also connected the pins GPIO_0 GPIO_1 also alternated
                    I launched putty, but unfortunately none log appears:-(
                    HyperTerminal has expired, but I think with putty is the same thing.
                    Hello

Comment

The video coulda been useful except that my MXQ Plus has a Samsung 8GB eMMC NAND flash chip instead of the SK Hynix in the video and I don't know what pins to short.

Comment

I had a brick with a vensmile m8s M8 V8-9 with BCM4335 wifi. No blue light , nothing, couldn not get into recovery at all ,but my pc couldn see it in usb burning tool.
                        I required from seller firmware and he sent me but the usb burn tool wouldn΄τ proceed (parse burn image fail) so i used the img file user redliquid proposed to me ( https://mega.nz/#!ZJJ0kLjC!Ur-8oOmga...gK5UfmCaGa68pQ).
                        In the first attempt it stopped and said parse burn image fail ,so i changed the name of the img file and erased all the chinese letters and then ...success.
                        I was torturing myself 3 weeks testing img files that could not work.

If someone has a 6335 wifi must use file https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

You will find these in link below
                        Hello. I presume, that I have bricked my OTT TV BOX Model: M8S. I flashed OpenELEC from this link via USB pendrive (recovery method): http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/

Comment

Unbrick M8s (M8 V8_1 20150418) AP 6330, Using

1. USB Burning Tool 2.0.5.15_build9
                          2. Amlogic_s802-s812 Image

The process ran OK until complete 100%, but when connect to TV it only show (See pic attaching)
                          and never by-pass that logo

Anyone have any experience on this issue, please give me a hind
                          Thanks

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

post picture of board top and bottom tks

or load this on SDCard and do the toothpick method :

Download
                            Last edited by JustMe; 09-12-2016, 22:55.
                            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I am looking for help with this, I tired to install openelec and now its 100% dead, no lights at all its the M8S+ thanks

Images of board are here : https://postimg.org/gallery/jloniiou/

Comment

I have bricked a MX III S802 1G box. I have tried the USB burning tool but it wont recognize my device. The blue light is on. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X