Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NexBOX Z68 (RK3368) - Beta Desktop Build - 31/03/2016

Good day
    I am releasing a build based on the lightweight Firmware in "THIS" Topic.

The Build is still a work-in-progress. All apps are FREE and if you like them, please support the developers and purchase through the google app store.

SquareHome2 can be edited by unlocking the screen. Please see the SquareHome2 Settings for the gesture settings.

Note to users:
    1. SPMC: If you are using a custom "advancedsettings.xml" file, append to the file, do not overwrite.
    2. Locked SH2 screen. This is to safe guard against accidental change.
    3. Weather Live Location. (Automatic update.)
    Settings users will/could have to customize:
    1. Network - Currently set to ETHERNET DHCP. Change as you see fit.
    2. Time/Date - Currently set to Central Africa. Please change to your location.
    3. Google account needs to be set.
    4. AnTuTu CPU Master FREE installed and overclocked to FULL BLAST
    Included APPS in the userdata.inf file:
    • AnTuTu CPU Master Free
    • DCikonZ
    • ES File Explorer
    • One Key Boost Memory Cleaner
    • Rss Widget
    • SPMC with advancedsettings.xml fix for audio-sync problem.
    • SquareHome2 Win 10 Style
    • System Monitor Lite
    • TuneIn Radio
    • Weather Live Free
    • YouTube
    Installation instructions:
    • Download the Z68 Light Build - v0.1B (581MB)archive from Mega.
    • Extract and run "ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe" included in the archive. (Please note the INCORRECT and CORRECT screenshots!)
    • Hit "RUN" and wait. The dump will take a while as the images become quite big once extracted.
    • Your system should restart once after connecting to the network and the desktop has been configured.
      • Please ignore the "restarting too fast" generated by CPU Master Free. It will only happen once.
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)

Screenshots:
    • Rom Dumper Tool - INCORRECT: Please make sure that you have connected your USB Cable after RESETTING and HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON on your device.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rom dumper Tool.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	564046
    • Rom Dumper Tool - CORRECT: Please make sure that you have connected your USB Cable after RESETTING and HOLDING THE RESET BUTTON on your device.

Name:	Rom dumper Tool - correct.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	564047
    • Desktop:

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-31-11-01-47.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	564045
    Last edited by cyber7; 03-31-2016, 10:30. Reason: Changed policy
    kind regards
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Let me know i test it.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I want to reserve a spot and would love to test it.. I don't have a box yet. I ordered it on Mar 3 and still waiting for it. It should be here in next few days hopefully. GB shipping is very slow..

Comment

What a coincidence I have also ordered on March 03 and still has not received . Looking forward to test

Comment

---
          Last edited by cyber7; 03-31-2016, 09:38. Reason: changed policy
          kind regards

Comment

I have ordered on March 15 and has received today in Spain . Looking forward to test.

Comment

cyber7, I ordered this box because i have seen your work here, and now eagerly waiting to test your new firmware from the first power on my Z68!
              My box is still in Nederland, I hope next week will be in Budapest, and i can play with it.
              Keep up the good work, thanx!

Comment

tell mewhat cableI need?can't connect the deviceto PC

Comment

you can make your own as I read by cutting two cable and connecting them but I ordered this one from **** cheap $1

http://www.****.ca/itm/271970012743?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Hello cyber7, how many points in Antutu ?

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
                      you can make your own as I read by cutting two cable and connecting them but I ordered this one from **** cheap $1

http://www.****.ca/itm/271970012743?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                      thank you very much

Comment

cyber7,this rom is very good, thanks. just want to know is it possible use any bluetooth remote for this box?

Comment

Got the box today.. Its one awful box.. Kodi keep freezing and crashing.. I m waiting for the cable now to update it.. Remote is really basic... Not a Air mouse or any kind of buttons. Got hard time registering my google email address.

Anyway can I load firmware using micro SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
                            cyber7,this rom is very good, thanks. just want to know is it possible use any bluetooth remote for this box?
                            Bluetooth is working, but I do not have a BlueTooth remote. I can not see why it should not...

I will look for a "Android" BT remote today and test for you.

The best remote I have used thus far is the Mele F10. I am in the process of testing this one, but so far so good...
                            kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by GZD

Originally posted by grok
                              Got the box today.. Its one awful box.. Kodi keep freezing and crashing.. I m waiting for the cable now to update it.. Remote is really basic... Not a Air mouse or any kind of buttons. Got hard time registering my google email address.

Anyway can I load firmware using micro SD card?
                              I also had a similar first experience even more awful than yours because it was my first TV box ever.
                              However while trying to reload the firmware and after pressing the reset button I incurred in a factory reset that cleaned up the system and improved it enough to be able to update many apps through play store. And I must be honest since then I am not feeling the need to mod it in any way so far it is fullfilling my modest needs (e.g. No optical audio or digital dns, Dolby and the like) without any visible slow down or crash.
                              Also, while waiting for an air mouse with keyboard I managed to use it more comfortably and effectively than the stock remote with a normal USB mouse for personal computers. It could help you as well for initial set up or keyboard based tasks.

Inviato dal mio ECOO_E04_3GB+ utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X