Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There can be a number of reasons.

If you try to add too much to the point where an image will be over about 1.1Gb then it will fail.

When you loaded the image into the customisation tool, what boxes did you tick in CustimizationDig?
    If you ticked the bottom box to unpack system apk then this can cause issues in repacking.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I checked everything expect the bottom

I only removed 1 apk from the preinstall folder.

Maybe you can give a try if you have time ?

here is the fw file https://mega.nz/#F!eVpTUAbJ!sgC635ylYyUpGeY3m0urKw

My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
      Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
      Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
      Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Originally posted by kraakie View Post
        I checked everything expect the bottom

I only removed 1 apk from the preinstall folder.

Maybe you can give a try if you have time ?

here is the fw file https://mega.nz/#F!eVpTUAbJ!sgC635ylYyUpGeY3m0urKw
        Tried all manner of combinations of things but could not get it to pack either.

If you flash the image as it is, does the box boot correctly?

Comment

Yes it flashes flaweless
          My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
          Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
          Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
          Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Then I'm afraid that for now I am out of reasonable ideas.

Comment

To bad thnx m8
              My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
              Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
              Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
              Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie and wondering if the customization tool works for the mxq pro (s905) image? When I load the image I get error and shuts down the tool.

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post
                  Hi, I'm a newbie and wondering if the customization tool works for the mxq pro (s905) image? When I load the image I get error and shuts down the tool.
                  It should work.

Do you have a link to your specific image?

I'll test and see what results I get.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

It should work.

Do you have a link to your specific image?

I'll test and see what results I get.
                    thanks

this is the image
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

key: !SwEEbslcBKK8caPp-XhCgK7SsgZpbwyp1BFtcbeqg_Y

this is scrren shot of error

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

key: !2wR5Pa7GyY-2xFOPmntEEkPtjE1k6ScUUa5OjLkcF2Q

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post

thanks

this is the image

key: !SwEEbslcBKK8caPp-XhCgK7SsgZpbwyp1BFtcbeqg_Y

this is scrren shot of error

key: !2wR5Pa7GyY-2xFOPmntEEkPtjE1k6ScUUa5OjLkcF2Q
                      I'm downloading now.

It must be one one of Megas end of the world servers as it's the slowest download I've ever seen from that site.

Quite a large image at 1.3Gb too, which I think may hold the key but will see once it eventually gets here.

Comment

OK I think that I have it figured out.

Attempting to unpack the full image with either 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 results in the same error.

When I looked at the output that was there though, under system there was a _preinstall folder that has a Kodi zip file, so it looks as though somebody has attempted to pack a large cache of addons as part of the image but the zip files does not extract and looks corrupted (only 4kb of it is present anyway and can be deleted. This also accounts for the large image size.

So I did this.

Unpack again, selecting only the last but one tick box 'Set Product Information (Unpack System Partition). Note that I had to do this twice for it to be a success.

Then immediately pack to a new image file, which will result in a file of only 955Mb.

You might want to flash this to the box to ensure that all is well before going any further.

Then unpack that and you should have all the necessary folders and files ready for you to customise and create your own version.

It worked for me but I don;t have the box to test it with, so recommend flashing before you potentially waste any time should the image not be complete in any way.

Comment

OK I think that I have it figured out.

Attempting to unpack the full image with either 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 results in the same error.

When I looked at the output that was there though, under system there was a _preinstall folder that has a Kodi zip file, so it looks as though somebody has attempted to pack a large cache of addons as part of the image but the zip files does not extract and looks corrupted (only 4kb of it is present anyway and can be deleted. This also accounts for the large image size.

So I did this.

Unpack again, selecting only the last but one tick box 'Set Product Information (Unpack System Partition). Note that I had to do this twice for it to be a success.

Then immediately pack to a new image file, which will result in a file of only 955Mb.

You might want to flash this to the box to ensure that all is well before going any further.

Then unpack that and you should have all the necessary folders and files ready for you to customise and create your own version.

It worked for me but I don;t have the box to test it with, so recommend flashing before you potentially waste any time should the image not be complete in any way.
                          Thanks heaps for invesgating the issue but unfortunately when I only select the last option I still get the same error. I tried it afew times with the same error every time

Comment

Last but one, not the last.

Comment

Last but one, not the last.
                              Sorry I meant the last but one ( second last ) Set Product Information (Unpack System Partition)

Picture attached: https://mega.nz/#!nhZCiYRA!P2ILZM67v...Mslvi4M0sSQM58

I also triied, all ticked except the last but one. i get the samer error all the time.

Comment

Let me repack it and upload the smaller version for you.

Give me a couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X