Android Marshmallow on RK3368 -> BOX64_v170117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!
    I'm new here so sorry for question already asked but I didn't find answers...

So from the begging. I bought this board because the price now nice and it much better hardware than Raspberry Pi 3. I want to use it as my local IoT server. MQTT, sqlite etc.

Most of howtos, scripts etc. are created for R-Pi so the best if I run Debian Jessie on this board. I saw you prepared images with few distros so I wan't to try it if possible, and here is a problem ;-)

Is there any wiki with mini howtos ? My knowlage about u-boot and linux development is quite good but there is no information about steps, what version of bootloader is necesary for what image, what kernel etc.

I'm using currently Ubuntu 16.04 upgraded from default Lubuntu image provided by geekbox, Xorg is not working but I don't need it. But would love to switch to Debiaj Jessie.

Could someone provide steps how to upload followmsi images to this board ? What tool is needed. I prefer setup without android to have more space for Linux if this is possible.

Thanks,
    Maricn.

Comment

Originally posted by marbalon
      Hi all!
      I'm new here so sorry for question already asked but I didn't find answers...

So from the begging. I bought this board because the price now nice and it much better hardware than Raspberry Pi 3. I want to use it as my local IoT server. MQTT, sqlite etc.

Most of howtos, scripts etc. are created for R-Pi so the best if I run Debian Jessie on this board. I saw you prepared images with few distros so I wan't to try it if possible, and here is a problem ;-)

Is there any wiki with mini howtos ? My knowlage about u-boot and linux development is quite good but there is no information about steps, what version of bootloader is necesary for what image, what kernel etc.

I'm using currently Ubuntu 16.04 upgraded from default Lubuntu image provided by geekbox, Xorg is not working but I don't need it. But would love to switch to Debiaj Jessie.

Could someone provide steps how to upload followmsi images to this board ? What tool is needed. I prefer setup without android to have more space for Linux if this is possible.

Thanks,
      Maricn.

For all images in rockchip world you need to use the "upgrade_tool".
      Upgrade tools for Geekbox. Contribute to geekboxzone/utils development by creating an account on GitHub.

You can flash partitions via "dd" command as well.

Here you can see the parts of a rockchip ROM ..
      Upgrade tools for Geekbox. Contribute to geekboxzone/utils development by creating an account on GitHub.

Here you can see the partition layout .. changing partition sizes in this file.

Etc.

You will need to stay with your old kernel .. even running 16.04.
      Contribute to geekboxzone/mmallow_kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

Maybe you can port newer kernel for geekbox.

On one drive folder there are a few Debian Jessie images.
      Pure root images with network access and ssh enabled as well.
      You just can flash the "linuxroot" to change your Linux version.

Sorry .. will not have the time to help you better on this topic.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for this reply, I will try to fallow your suggestions.

Comment

Hi
          I am also trying to do something similar
          i would like to copy the image from the Geekbox but the tool does not allow it

I am also using the PI and would like to install from projects from PI to Geekbox

How did you go I am verry intrested

Moz

Comment

MozOz, I have a problem with upgrade_tool, maybe because of VirtualBox and USB, but find esy solution. in github in upgrade_tool folder you can find scripts to unpack upgrade image and pack it again. So I downloaded original Image for Ubuntu from geekbox, then unpack this, replace filesystem image and pack it again. Then I can load this image like normal image under windows.

After this you need to only run tune2fs to extend root partition and voila ;-)

If you will have a problem with repacking I can upload my debian image but have poor connection now to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

All your issues are related to the kernel in use.
              You need to compile a new kernel with the "configuration" you need .. either with landingship support or wiithout.

Cheers
              Thanks for the answer, i'll give a try!
              When you have a few minutes, if you could paste a link pointing to the necessary files, it would be appreciated!
              Have a nice day.

Comment

This page says Geekbox is now supported in mainline Linux kernel, has anyone tried building a recent kernel?

Do we need to replace U-boot etc or can we keep using the U-boot that is already loaded on the device?

Comment

Hi all,

I decided to give this board a try since it was announced on clearance, so I ordered it with the landingship for less than 60$. The even gave me the usb-ttl adapter and some wires as a gift.
                  It will be used as my first learning device for rom development and linux image building so I expect a rather steep learning curve. Since the geekbox forum is crippled with spam I will find any future info regarding this specific device development as highly valuable. Huge thanks to followmsi for his continues work and to MAC_L1 for providing the gpu acceleration code.
                  Hope to see some future love for this rather capable device.
                  There is no sp00n ...

Comment

followmsi, all the files on your google drive appear to be corrupt. the .7z files will not unpack and the TWRP IMG will not load in the flash tool.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Guys i found this rom https://pan.baidu.com/s/1sloK9hr its rk3368 nougat rom for teclast p10 tablet is it possible to make it run on nexbox z68 box?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        followmsi, all the files on your google drive appear to be corrupt. the .7z files will not unpack and the TWRP IMG will not load in the flash tool.

Bob
                        Never mind Followmsi, my mistake! Old 7Z program on windows....
                        I have not messed with the geekbox is a while but your ROM runs well....

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello followmsi and everyone, Kinda late to the game but do you have the kernel config for this? This img works great on my generic RK3368 box but it has the AP6181 wifi chip so I was going to just build a new kernel for it. The wifi is the only issue I seem to be having so far. Thanks in advance.

Comment

So, I was able to build a new kernel for the AP6181 wifi chip. I also changed it the dtb file but wifi is still not working :-( kinda stuck at this point... I wonder if I also need to adjust the GPIO's in the dtb file. My box is a Xsbox rk3368.

Comment

followmsi Great work! Im doing some adjustments to run on the Nexbox n8 and just making sure you don't mind me using your work!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy141 View Post
                                followmsi Great work! Im doing some adjustments to run on the Nexbox n8 and just making sure you don't mind me using your work!
                                You are welcome !

Comment

Working...
                                X