No announcement yet.

Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoka tv kb2 also has the green flash. I am having that issue with both my kb2 boxes.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

does it have blutooth?

Comment

No but after checking yes
        Last edited by trebor; 10-26-2016, 09:17. Reason: Mistakes happen :-)
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          No
          Here they say yes

Sunvell T95Z Plus Review: The unique-looking Sunvell T95Z Plus Android TV box is powered by the octacore Amlogic S912. Find out if it's worth your money.

Comment

Well then never trust a sellers website
            Yes i did check mine early this day and yes he is correct
            So ignore the previous NO
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hey guys! Just got one of these awesome T95Z boxes to replace my old Tronsmart MK908 and so far going perfectly.
              Checked the OTA update as soon as I got it online, but it said there were no updates, so it seems like the one I got (off e*bay for £52) was already setup with the latest build.

Still exploring this great unit, but here are some of my first thoughts:

Good Points:
              - My old airmouse (RC11), USB HDD (Toshiba Canvio 1TB) and 2GB micro SD card all plugged in OK from my previous MK908 stick and worked immediately.
              - plays 1080p videos fine in KODI off USB HDD (MK908 only managed 720p)
              - streams 720p fine (using pre-installed Showbox app and CinemaBox HD app which I also added) (using ethernet, not tried over WiFi)
              - good selection of media apps pre-installed (KODI 16.1, Showbox, Mobdro, etc)
              - nice selectable LED lighting effect
              - 16GB of storage (in addition to microSD expansion)
              - front clock panel
              - nice unique shape
              - seems stable in use - no reboots or hangs so far

Bad Points:
              - if you hide the lower status bar you can't get it back without rebooting
              - front clock only shows time in 12 hour format, regardless of Android 24 hour setting, which seems inconsistent to me
              - only 2GB of RAM - many newer devices have 3GB/4GB
              - only 2 USB ports (some other boxes have 3/4)
              - USB ports are 2.0 not 3.0 as some other boxes now have
              - most PR images show a "rainbow" LED effect, but it only has limited single RED/CYAN/GREEN options for the LED, as well as OFF or it can cycle through them all after a few seconds
              - no physical power button
              Last edited by plinkykev; 10-27-2016, 09:54. Reason: fix typo's - doh!

Comment

Oh, and while I have an RC11 airmouse on my T95Z, the supplied remote is quite good, and is needed anyway to select LED colours.

Additionally it's a "learning" remote that can control your TV!
                a) Press and hold the blue TV power button for about 10 seconds
                b) Light will go solid
                c) Press the desired blue TV key to program (input / mute / vol- / vol+ / power) NB: circular arrow pad and OK button are NOT programmable for TV use, despite being blue
                d) Light will begin flashing to indicate it's in learning mode
                e) Point your own TV remote at this remotes transmitter (top IR)
                f) Press the corresponding key on your TV remote (input / mute / vol- / vol+ / power)
                g) Remote will flash briefly to indicate code has been "read", then go solid again ready for next key programming
                h) Repeat (c) -> (g) for each key you want to program
                i) Press the back arrow when finished

Comment

Hi.
                  I recently bought a Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box in Gearbest.
                  Although I am very happy with this device in general, I also have the problem of green flash on the screen that is repeated every few seconds / minutes which is very annoying.
                  I just happened Kodi playing .mkv files. Interestingly happened to me with movies, but not TV series, although they are also .mkv.

I think it's a problem of soft, video codecs or some pulgin Kodi. I do not think that is hardware problem because, as I say, it has only happened to me with certain films and series not not not using the Android environment.
                  The truth is I have not tried with some Android game.

I leave a video and capture a frame in which this is clearly seen green flash. In the video it comes just between 00:03 and 00:05.

Has anyone had managed to solve this problem?
                  Thank you.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyJudd
                    Hi.
                    I recently bought a Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box in Gearbest.
                    Although I am very happy with this device in general, I also have the problem of green flash on the screen that is repeated every few seconds / minutes which is very annoying.
                    I just happened Kodi playing .mkv files. Interestingly happened to me with movies, but not TV series, although they are also .mkv.

I think it's a problem of soft, video codecs or some pulgin Kodi. I do not think that is hardware problem because, as I say, it has only happened to me with certain films and series not not not using the Android environment.
                    The truth is I have not tried with some Android game.

I leave a video and capture a frame in which this is clearly seen green flash. In the video it comes just between 00:03 and 00:05.

Has anyone had managed to solve this problem?
                    Thank you.
                    had this on my kodi went into expert settings video acceleration and switched off media codec (surface) rebooted never had it since worked for me hope it does for you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nexy33 View Post
                      had this on my kodi went into expert settings video acceleration and switched off media codec (surface) rebooted never had it since worked for me hope it does for you

Oh yeah !! Many thanks nexy33.
                      Yes, it has worked for me !!!

Comment

glad it worked for you to😀😀

Comment

Hi I'm just about to place my order for this box today then I saw this from Plinkykev "the supplied remote is quite good, and is needed anyway to select LED colours".
                          I normally order from Amazon thinking this is the safest option, but the sellers I have looked at don't seem to supply the learning remote.
                          It seems that the remote is needed for the edge led effect?
                          Who would you recommend to buy from, ie Gearbest seem to supply with the remote

Comment

Hi, my led button does nothing . The remote is ok though no good for the air mouse, like for widgets & apps that require it. UK **** has box with remote, £52 I think (recieved in 2 days). I have a cheap remote from **** with air mouse, ir learning & rechargeable internal battery @ £10.99. I've just ordered a second. **** remote item number 182307764192. The same buttons do 2 seperate commands switching modes.

Comment

Thanks Boneo for the info
                              The 2 day delivery sounds good I'm also in the UK.

Comment

the led button only operates on the interface screen if your in kodi or another app its locked out

Comment

Working...
                                X