No announcement yet.

NEXBOX A1 TV Box, Android 6, Amlogic S912 2/16GB BT 4.0 Dual WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good had good luck with nexbox so far.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes it not too bad at all.....like most of the S912 chip set boxes, they're new, Work still in progress like all media players, a never ending story.
      A bit of creating tweaking and it should be fine..
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So are the Nexbox A1, Yundoo Y2, Vensmile A1 all made by the same company Shenzhen Visson Technology Co? Looks like they are the ODM for quite a few others as well.

I wonder if they are cross-flashable as well?

Comment

Hard to tell really without looking at PCB's etc of all models,
          but a good chance yes and also with firmware, some may change wifi chip who knows
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Bought one of these, received yesterday, looks real good, the video output quality is superb, well worth the price.
            I opened it up to dim the front light.

What I'd like to do to this one is install an IR extender jack so I can hide the unit yet still operate with the stock remote. I don't want to look at the darn thing. Yes I have a nice usb i28 lighted remote that costs almost as much as the unit itself. Great but I still want to add that jack and hide the unit.

LOOKS like I can simply sweat the three wires to the existing ir receiver terminals on the little front board. Does anyone have any advice or tips for doing this? I'm going to start by looking for a female jack with wire leads if I can find one, OR remove one from an old device that's obsolete. I will do some research and try to get this done.

Comment

Remove the IR device as you say, solder wires to pcb, solder ir to end of wires...
              Not sure if length of wire will cause any grief not done myself, you can lets us know.
              Connectors etc ok, but more places for things to go wrong I find
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I did it. Easy. I simply cut the wires off to the board and spliced them directly to a 4 foot ir extender cable, I cut the end right off it and stripped the wires, used a diagram from google images and it works perfectly. I will now order the proper female jack and redo it later using a real jack on the rear panel.
                The unit works fine with that whole board unplugged, the light in the front and the ir receiver is all the functionality that it has.
                Fortunately this made it real easy.
                I have an aversion to bright lights also, I first used duct seal right over the led but now I realize all that has to be done is snip one of its two wires to delete the front light.

Simple stuff and fun to work on too.

Comment

Anyone know if its possible to change the temperature on the home screen to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?

Comment

Hello everyone.
                    I was looking for a TV box with a good wifi antenna because I can not connect the TV box with the LAN cable.
                    I'm undecided between this model and the Acemax m12n.
                    Could you tell me which of these models has the best wifi, or suggest some other model?
                    For example, I saw that the new model has an antenna very big, but this model is not for sale on gearbest.
                    Thank you very much!

Comment

An internal 6dBi pcb antenna might work if you want to try replacing it.

Comment

Thank you calc. But you think that no tv box model has a good wifi antenna? I am obligated to change the internal antenna? I am not very good at these things ..

Comment

I'm not certain, I do know that at least some of them are pretty bad, that look like just a small wire. Others have external antennas which should be pretty good. An 6dBi internal pcb antenna only costs about $2 USD so is pretty cheap.

Comment

Thank you so much calc but I'm afraid of doing damage to the TV box. I am not good at doing these things.
                            Can anyone recommend a model that has a good wifi?
                            This nexbox a1 has a good wifi?
                            thank you all

Comment

please please give me nexbox a1 firmware link my device is boot loop is very urgent thank you

Comment

Originally posted by akyelken View Post
                                please please give me nexbox a1 firmware link my device is boot loop is very urgent thank you
                                try this: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i4PCR0D

It looks like you have to register to download it...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X