Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazar View Post

Thank you i will test on my km8 pro 8gb rom the next week.Â*
    Did you bench itÂ* with antutu? Does it support vulkan api? (Never checked on MM). Any bug?
    Score was around 40,000 and i have not tried vulkan api.

Comment

Originally posted by destructionj View Post
      For those who want Android 7.1.1 on these KM8 PRO boxes,

I have installed 7.1.1 stock MEECOOL BB2(non pro) firmware for 7.1.1 and so far everything has been flawless. My box is a 2g ram/ 16rom storage and rom seems good.( DO NOT INSTALL BB2 PRO FIRMWARE!)

MEECOOL BB2(non pro) firmware for 7.1.1

I am also running TWRP recovery twrp.q20x-3.2.1-0 and used it to install supersu 2.82

TWRP.q20x-3.2.1-0 AT POST 1440
      Thanks,

I was ready to perform the installation and even though I tried to install TWRP to put the ROM, it did not enter the recovery. I opened it and found that it does not have the update button. Try making a bridge with a cable but do not enter, as it lacks the resistance next to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	km8 pro.jpeg
Views:	2859
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	702782

In this case how can I do the installation ?, I had thought to do the back up and then install the one that you placed.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by miguelosgcv View Post

Thanks,

I was ready to perform the installation and even though I tried to install TWRP to put the ROM, it did not enter the recovery. I opened it and found that it does not have the update button. Try making a bridge with a cable but do not enter, as it lacks the resistance next to it.

In this case how can I do the installation ?, I had thought to do the back up and then install the one that you placed.
        I used USB Burning Tool v2.0.5.15 .method with usb male to male connection.
        I think i was able to enter recovery with the usb port more toward the front of the unit after renaming twrp to recovery.img and the holding the pinhole reset.

Comment

Thanks,

Click image for larger version

Name:	km8 pro.jpeg
Views:	2859
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	702782

Downloade twrp ,the compatible one, in your tvbox (you can find it in this post). Than go to playstore and download twrp official app. Open it, click on install,choose your img from your box, and select restart to recovery

Comment

I already found how to enter the recovery. It was leaving the power button pressed before turning it on. From there he could not reach the SD. Use the TWRP app and it seems that I install it, but when entering the recovery, it remains the logo of KM8 Proy does not advance, knock it off to start normally.

Comment

I already found how to enter the recovery. It was leaving the power button pressed before turning it on. From there he could not reach the SD. Use the TWRP app and it seems that I install it, but when entering the recovery, it remains the logo of KM8 Proy does not advance, knock it off to start normally.
              The way i have installed:
              Downloaded twrp from the link suggested in this thread
              Renamed to recovery.img
              Installed twrp app
              Installed downloaded recovery from choose file
              After ok, i have restarted tvbox
              Opened twrp app and select restart into recovery
              In my case work.

Do you entered in stock recovery or twrp recovery? (It should be also possible to enter in recovery from android: long press of power button from the remote, long press power button from the remote and click on turn off; the os will ask you if you want to go the recovery...exactly i don't rember this procedure but i have tested it many time ago with old firmware.)

Comment

When I put the twrp.q20x-3.2.1-0.img in the TWRP app the recovery does not work. If I restore the stock recovery (make a copy), it works again. Everything from Android (TRWP App). I want to put the TRWP to do back up and then put what they put here. But the twrp does not start me.

Comment

When I put the twrp.q20x-3.2.1-0.img in the TWRP app the recovery does not work. If I restore the stock recovery (make a copy), it works again. Everything from Android (TRWP App). I want to put the TRWP to do back up and then put what they put here. But the twrp does not start me.
                  I use http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_Yoka_KB2.img

Comment

Thanks,

That if it served me. i do the back up. I still could not install the Mecool Rom BB2 (not pro) TRWP tells me it is not the same as the device and gives me error 7. I will have to use the USB cable method. xD

Comment

Thanks,

That if it served me. i do the back up. I still could not install the Mecool Rom BB2 (not pro) TRWP tells me it is not the same as the device and gives me error 7. I will have to use the USB cable method. xD
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...439#post685439
                      Read the initial part
                      Not difficult but you can also use pc. It's the same

I have installed by twrp: install->it will reboot into the new recovery and than install the official nougat firmware.
                      Benchmark 40173
                      Os. 7.1.1
                      Kernel 3.14.29
                      Security patch 2017-05-05
                      Google widevine level 3
                      Wifi working (also bt)
                      Vulkan absent
                      Tested on km8pro 8gb rom
                      Ftmc with streaming addons (works...not tested amcodec with local files)
                      Is possible to remove gmail,mx player,stock kodi tvcenter, amlogic file explorer with es file exolorer
                      Firmware is rooted...some fix should be applied to remove it and apply magisk
                      All seems to work but i haven't tested to much

Last edited by Kazar; 01-24-2018, 09:31.

Comment

Originally posted by destructionj View Post
                        For those who want Android 7.1.1 on these KM8 PRO boxes,

I have installed 7.1.1 stock MEECOOL BB2(non pro) firmware for 7.1.1 and so far everything has been flawless. My box is a 2g ram/ 16rom storage and rom seems good.( DO NOT INSTALL BB2 PRO FIRMWARE!)

MEECOOL BB2(non pro) firmware for 7.1.1

I am also running TWRP recovery twrp.q20x-3.2.1-0 and used it to install supersu 2.82

TWRP.q20x-3.2.1-0 AT POST 1440
                        Neither works for me. The cook for TWRP mentions TWRP q21x is for p212, which is indicated as my unit (KM8 Pro). However, I did try both q20x and q21x in vain. Mecool firmware aborts itself half-way through. Does anyone know of any tricks that would install it?

Comment

Originally posted by graphdarnell View Post

Neither works for me. The cook for TWRP mentions TWRP q21x is for p212, which is indicated as my unit (KM8 Pro). However, I did try both q20x and q21x in vain. Mecool firmware aborts itself half-way through. Does anyone know of any tricks that would install it?
                          I used USB_Burning_Tool 2.0.5.15, held the pinhole reset, then plugged in usb to usb cable. After usb tool said connect i hit start.
                          I was coming from the the SuperCeleron RC3 Rom which i ran for a year. Once the rom was installed i flashed TWRP.q20x-3.2.1-0 and flashed in supersu.

Or, as mentioned above it looks like you can edit the updater script to remove the version check then flash the rom with twrp. You could also try /TWRP_Yoka_KB2.img

Comment

This is how i updated MM with twrp yoka to Nougat:
                            1) download nougat firmware bb2 and make a copy (firmwareN1,firmwareN2) open the first one(you can also extract and rezip with normal compression)with winrar, in META-INF\com\google\android updater-script , open it with notepad and remove two initial text lines that are similar to these: (!less_than_int(1489976174, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Mon Mar 20 10:16:14 CST 2017) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
                            getprop("ro.product.device") == "KM8PRO" || abort("This package is for "KM8PRO" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
                            Than save txt, and update the zip
                            2)put the two firmwares in a pen usb (you can do all procedure also from tvbox with a good file explorer like es file explorer)
                            3)start twrp (for ex with twrp official app, or in other ways)
                            4)install the firmware N1
                            5)a new recovery will boot
                            6)install firmware N2 (not modified)

I thinkÂ* is possible to install it with only one firmware copy just:
                            Install twrp for yoka on your MM firmware, edit updater-script in the nougat firmware zip, replace recovery.img in nougat firmware zip with twrp for yoka

Comment

The 6.0 firmware for the KM8 PRO located HERE states
                              Build number: Amlogic/q20x/q20x:6.0.1

The 7.1.1 firmware for mecool bb2 located HERE also states
                              Build number: Amlogic/q20x/q20x:7.1.1

I used twrp.q20x-3.2.1-0.img. it did work fine for installing supersu but i haven't attempted a backup or restore with it yet.
                              Last edited by destructionj; 01-24-2018, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazar View Post
                                This is how i updated MM with twrp yoka to Nougat:
                                1) download nougat firmware bb2 and make a copy (firmwareN1,firmwareN2) open the first one(you can also extract and rezip with normal compression)with winrar, in META-INF\com\google\android updater-script , open it with notepad and remove two initial text lines that are similar to these: (!less_than_int(1489976174, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Mon Mar 20 10:16:14 CST 2017) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
                                getprop("ro.product.device") == "KM8PRO" || abort("This package is for "KM8PRO" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
                                Than save txt, and update the zip
                                2)put the two firmwares in a pen usb (you can do all procedure also from tvbox with a good file explorer like es file explorer)
                                3)start twrp (for ex with twrp official app, or in other ways)
                                4)install the firmware N1
                                5)a new recovery will boot
                                6)install firmware N2 (not modified)

I thinkÂ* is possible to install it with only one firmware copy just:
                                Install twrp for yoka on your MM firmware, edit updater-script in the nougat firmware zip, replace recovery.img in nougat firmware zip with twrp for yoka
                                Thanks guys for the suggestions. I tried the updater-script modification as indicated but the installation still crashed mid-way (it could have been because I used TWRP 3.0.2.0. However, I was able to install both Mecool firmware (through USB Burning Tool) and TWRP 3.2. The stockGUI is depressing, though I can't get a custom launcher to stick. Must've been by design, as I can't find a way to tweak it. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X