Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart S96 Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 4K TV Box 2G/16G AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    PS Maybe the parcel was sent to me by mistake and was intended for another user, but while I have it - will test and bring Linux to S912.
    If true, that would be a mistake we could all live with. The TV Box world could use more mistakes like that. If it was a mistake, whoever made the mistake should get a raise in pay, because they just added value to the S96.

Comment

Unless you are the person that was supposed to receive it of course.

They might have a different perspective lol
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Good point, and right you are. So to whomever the intended recipient was, I hope the retailer gets it to them on the second try. :-)

Still, sending balbes150 one will be a plus for owners of the s96 and S912 owners in general.

I'm thinking it was probably intentional and they just wanted it to be a surprise.

Comment

It;s mine I tell you, it's mine.

Well you can't blame a man for trying
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Duh!! It was my box, but now that Bables has it, and gets Ubuntu running flawlessly on it, I may just get one myself. So guess the Vim board may have to wait.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Wow, so many people willing to take "someone else's"

By the way, checked the latest image Armbian (20170201) on S96. Sound and wired network working out of the box, the picture quality is in my opinion better than S905\S905X and smoother (possibly affected best performance chip). The next step I want to upgrade the case and cooling system (for extreme use with maximum load).

Comment

Current cooling or lack there of in the s96, very inefficient for anything extreme
                Tin lids, junk all over the place, messy indeed.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I think only the 2016 SD firmware is rooted, the 01-20-2017 Firmware does not have root. Anybody knows where we can get the new Software with root or is there a easy way to enable it maybe?

Comment

Corrected test image (which is able to automatically adjust the CPU frequency). If anyone is interested, you can see a video of the S96 auto-adjust the CPU frequency.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

IMHO the case you need to finalise for ventilation (hot exhaust air). Although this "disease" all TV consoles. If you want the most from TV box to finalise. And the potential S912 - good.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                      PS Maybe the parcel was sent to me by mistake and was intended for another user, but while I have it - will test and bring Linux to S912.
                      If anyone deserves it, it's you! Thanks for all the work you're doing on Armbian.
                      -And if it was my TV-box, I certainly wouldn't mind the mistake! =)
                      Furthermore, you couldn't do anything better than sharing it with everyone by making Linux run on it.

Comment

Thanks for the support.

By the way, took to rework the case and now testing on Vega S96 new image Armbian with desktop "MATE" (instead of XFCE). The CPU temperature without housing, even with a native cooler, much lower. This confirms the need for vents on the housing.

Comment

In Hoth tests Armbian on S96, discovered an interesting nuance. If you select the menu "off" - the system shuts down, the indicator for 1 second lights up red and immediately starts the system startup (the lamp again to light blue). If you choose to impute to "Suspend", the system immediately turns off the screen, and as it shuts down, the indicator turns red, but after a second the screen turns on and the screen returns to the desktop in the same form as was at the time you select this mode, and the system continues to run (led is red). After that, choose "off" , the system exits gracefully and console off (the led continues to glow red). When you press on the remote control the power button starts the run and the system start (led turns blue).

Comment

Perhaps it is known to all, but ... found (for me) one more thing, which explains the peculiar behavior of S96 at shutdown. When you long hold the "On\off" on the remote control unit is forced to power off (not shutdown, namely cutting off the power like on a PC if you hold the PC power button over 4 seconds). Similarly behaves Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos. Just for the Telos console off with a long hold any button on the remote control that often causes problems in normal operation, i.e. scroll through the list with the remote to telos (keep the cursor button) and then the console completely powers off spontaneously.

Comment

Alteration of the cooling system. Disassembled the case. I drilled the hole. Tape on top of the fan. Cut the front wall of the housing (I need it for my other tests). Alternatively, make slits or holes on the right side wall (you can even put a nice sign). Plugged the USB into the rear port. When you turn on the console fan is turned on when turning off automatically shuts down. Pay attention - use standard regular radiators. Especially while she was left to check in this condition. When testing under full load, the temperature does not rise above 60-68 degrees. Normal mode and idle to be in the range of 35-55 degrees.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Latest Available with root
                                http://www.mediafire.com/file/c4nv22...1702071211.rar
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170313-032417.png Views:	1 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	635606

treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X