S905X wifi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S905X wifi issues

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this WiFi issue...

Its not that the reception is bad its the throughput. At first it connects and speeds are great but after a few minutes the speeds just drop to 3 Mbps at best. ​​​​​

Do others have the same issue or is it more of a signal problem.. Please chime in.. I'm sure if it gets enough attention then maybe, collectively, we can find a way to get it right.

Your Problem can have many reasons.
    Would you please share what Device you have that we can help you?

NeomodE

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Your Problem can have many reasons.
      Would you please share what Device you have that we can help you?

NeomodE
      I have the T95X. 2/8. But I think the problem is in ALL S905X AND S912. I think its a firmware not a hardware issue...

Comment

Sure it is the Firmware, I have a Tanix TX3 Pro and a Probox2 AIR.
        Both Working fine on Wifi.
        Let me check on it.

NeomodE

Comment

Also have you check your WiFi Channels ?
          It can be that to many stations are sending on the same channel.

NeomodE

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
            Also have you check your WiFi Channels ?
            It can be that to many stations are sending on the same channel.

NeomodE
            Thanks. I don't think that's the problem because like I said, it starts add it should, with good speeds. But eventually, mamaybemin maybe an hour, drops to very low speeds. The only things in my house that aren't hard wired are my portable devices, 1 or 2 phones 1 or 2 tablets, both operate just fine. The box is maybe 10 meters tops from my router..

I 4 S905X boxes, and one S912. Each one operates in this manner even if only one device is connected and NOTHING ELSE... Again I thinkits software not hardware cause I have full WiFi signal bars

Comment

I think you should also check the WiFi Channels. It´s not yours but maybe from the Neighbors.
              Will see if I can find a Firmware for the T95X.

NeomodE

Comment

I have lots of 905x boxes and all connect no issues. Make sure router set up properly and check channel as Neo Mode suggested. They work fine some slower speeds then others but they all connect so its not firmware related. T95x also no issue connects. Funny thing is cheapest box is the fastest wifi 😁
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  I have lots of 905x boxes and all connect no issues. Make sure router set up properly and check channel as Neo Mode suggested. They work fine some slower speeds then others but they all connect so its not firmware related. T95x also no issue connects. Funny thing is cheapest box is the fastest wifi 😁
                  I hear what your saying in regards to the WiFi channels, which is set to auto. But why, however when first connected I have great download speeds but an hour later very poor speeds. If I reboot the device then I get great speeds than 20 minutes later very poor speeds. Nothing else in my house, that is wireless, suffers from this issue. But.... I will switch channels and see what happens

Comment

Lots of traffic on network slower feeds keep in mind wifi is not a always connected network in reality its constantly re conecting. Using less used channel helps. Let us khow how you make out.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

And thanks for your feedback and interest in my thread. I am not the only one with this issue lm sure...
                      My product is.... U2C S905X ANDROID 6.0 2G/8G. It can be found on Amazon

Comment

Well I think I'm gonna give up now. I've done what you suggested even though I didn't think that was the problem. If anything it made it worse.

Comment

Is the preamble on your router set to long or short?
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

The T95X unfortunately for you is just a really bad box. For me I found that physically flipping the box bottoms up gets you better wifi signal which upon looking closer I found it was a design issue, the internals of the box are most likely flipped upside down. (even though the ports are technically made the right way) Give it a try and let me know the results just so I can confirm it wasn't just with me, good luck!

Comment

Maybe same cheap tape like tanix. I ported a external antenna on mine worked fine after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X