TRWP. 3229 Devices Followmsi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRWP. 3229 Devices Followmsi.

Please test on 3229 device this from Followmsi. Post issues results in this thread please.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Flashed it to the Dolamee D5 and Nexsmart D32 and whilst it will boot into recovery, you can only mount cache, data and metadata.

It also only takes up about a 10th of the screen in the top left corner.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Flashed it to the Dolamee D5 and Nexsmart D32 and whilst it will boot into recovery, you can only mount cache, data and metadata.

It also only takes up about a 10th of the screen in the top left corner.
      Thanks for testing and feedback.

The TWRP version is based on RK3368 sources and it´s compiled for 1920x1200 resolution.

Normally you should be able to mount all your partitions.
      Of course, the fstab has to match your hardware.

Never tested TWRP on 4K .. on my QHD / WQHD (2560×1440) Monitor and my FullHD TV it´s working fine.
      On top it´s configured to prevent HMDI overscan on certain older TV´s -> scale 95% only.

Pls post stock recovery of one of your RK3229 devices .. would like to check the fstab.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

Thanks for testing and feedback.

The TWRP version is based on RK3368 sources and it´s compiled for 1920x1200 resolution.

Normally you should be able to mount all your partitions.
        Of course, the fstab has to match your hardware.

Never tested TWRP on 4K .. on my QHD / WQHD (2560×1440) Monitor and my FullHD TV it´s working fine.
        On top it´s configured to prevent HMDI overscan on certain older TV´s -> scale 95% only.

Pls post stock recovery of one of your RK3229 devices .. would like to check the fstab.

Thx
        Thanks for trying to create it.

This is the stock recovery for the D5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evqwabv3dhu3pkg/recovery.img?dl=0

Comment

Thanks ... will come back to you.

Comment

Snail mail in and ive got a few to help test now too 😃
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I've got two dolamee d5's i can test with

Comment

Pls test new version ... TWRP_RK3229_v161122.img

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the updated version.

When attempting to boot into recovery the boot logo comes up and stays active for about 9 seconds.
                  Then the screen goes black for around 3 seconds, followed by a brief reappearance by the boot logo before the normal boot process to system starts.

Comment

Another try .. please .. TWRP_RK3229_v161122-2.img

Thanks

Comment

Was fstab the issue? Ill test tonight too.

Comment

Tried the latest version and this time I was able to boot into recovery.

Same position as with the original though in that only the 2 partitions will mount.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Was fstab the issue? Ill test tonight too.
                          No .. I replaced the drmboot.ko (lib file) file - now it should boot again.

The fstab file was correct .. some minor issues.
                          Should be possible to mount system and data as well.
                          Try to make a backup of data or system partition.

The linuxroot partition is still part of fstab.
                          As well the "user" partition from Android 5.1 for non-unified-storage systems.
                          There will be an error message if you don´t have dual OS system or running on Android 6 - can be ignored.

If you are able, pls post recovery.log for better troubleshooting. ( adb pull /tmp/recovery.log )

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                            Tried the latest version and this time I was able to boot into recovery.

Same position as with the original though in that only the 2 partitions will mount.
                            Sounds strange to me .. if you can mount one partition you should be able to mount the others as well.
                            They are on the same disk.

Pls post recovery.log while you have booted into TWRP .. adb connection is required.

Code:
                            adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
                            Pls run as well .. if possible inside recovery and from system.

Code:
                            adb shell ls -la /dev/block/platform/*/by-name
                            Code:
                            adb shell cat /proc/partitions
                            Thanks a lot !

Comment

See if these are useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7dlnd6bo6dy88z/RK3229%20TWRP%20data%20logs.zip?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                              X