No announcement yet.

NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM - MK808B PRO 4K - Version 2.0 - 20170101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally but is ADB working in this new rom?

Comment

Originally posted by tiff_lee View Post

Have you even read this thread? When asked he clearly stated it wouldn't and that he would release a version soon, that was followed by about half a dozen posts talking about the pro 4k version.
      Yes, I have already read the thread, and you asked for the (p201 version) , I don't really know if the differences, so I asked if this would work. Already installed OpenElec with, for the V1 version (Blue board) There's no need to be rude.

Comment

Neomode,

Will the MXQ Pro 4K (P201) version support gamepads? I have a Logitech F710 2.4ghz wireless gamepad that I have been trying to get working on the stock rom with no luck. Thanks for the all your work on the new rom. Can't wait to see the release.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardox360 View Post

Yes, I have already read the thread, and you asked for the (p201 version) , I don't really know if the differences, so I asked if this would work. Already installed OpenElec with, for the V1 version (Blue board) There's no need to be rude.
          Rude? I asked if you had read the thread because your very question had been asked multiple times already. I make no apologies if you get offended easily over nothing.

While I did specify P201 this lot didn't.

Originally posted by Slime View Post
          if mxq pro 4k has more possibility to be fully compatible, I will wait for that one. Thank you again for your work!

Originally posted by veclinux View Post

any eta on that been waiting very long time.................

Originally posted by feira91 View Post
          hello neomode can i know when you going to release the same custom firmware for MXQ PRO

Originally posted by bartj12 View Post

Hopefully are you recovered from the flu. I was wondering when we could expect the ROM for the mxq pro 4k?

Thanks!
          To clarify though the "P201" is the version of firmware, if you check the version on your box it should say, chances are it is also P201 (stock for these cheap boxes).

Comment

Well, I am also putting in my request for the MXQ Pro 4k (p201) version of your firmware. If you dont have one of those for testing, I have experience building kernels and ROMs for Qualcomm and Broadcom devices and would be willing to maintain such a version or help in any way I can.... just point me to the repo in a PM or something if you wish.

Comment

Hi neomode, i install the new rom on mk808b pro works all ok. But when I reboot it loses signal the tv hdmi.
              " No signal " Any solutión?

Comment

I tried the ROM on my p201 box, knowing that wifi will probably not work. After that I tried some different ROMs which led to a problem.
                On the ROM I am on right now, I am not able to get into recovery with the toothpick method, which worked fine before.
                I tried several things to get back to the stock ROM or Neomode's ROM, but nothing worked.
                Can you give me any advice how to flash the recovery and/or bootloader from the running system with a terminal emulator?
                I assume that flashing a different BL or recovery gives me back the ability to use the toothpick method.

EDIT: The box is not recognized via male-to-male USB cable using the USB-port on the back of the box. So any fastboot/adb solutions won't work!

Comment

Originally posted by Heffernan View Post
                  I tried the ROM on my p201 box, knowing that wifi will probably not work. After that I tried some different ROMs which led to a problem.
                  On the ROM I am on right now, I am not able to get into recovery with the toothpick method, which worked fine before.
                  I tried several things to get back to the stock ROM or Neomode's ROM, but nothing worked.
                  Can you give me any advice how to flash the recovery and/or bootloader from the running system with a terminal emulator?
                  I assume that flashing a different BL or recovery gives me back the ability to use the toothpick method.

EDIT: The box is not recognized via male-to-male USB cable using the USB-port on the back of the box. So any fastboot/adb solutions won't work!
                  Are you able to boot the device at all? My box is the same toothpick doesn't work nor does usb cable method so only way for me to boot recovery is by first booting the android OS and forcing a reboot into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by oneleft View Post
                    Well, I am also putting in my request for the MXQ Pro 4k (p201) version of your firmware. If you dont have one of those for testing, I have experience building kernels and ROMs for Qualcomm and Broadcom devices and would be willing to maintain such a version or help in any way I can.... just point me to the repo in a PM or something if you wish.
                    That would be nice!

I can support with the testing part...

Regards,
                    We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war…

Comment

I posted on the thread for your previous ROM. I just tried this one as well and it does not work correctly either. FWIW, I have an MXQ Pro, S905 with 8189ETV wifi chip. Board is marked

Model: MXQ-S905-D16
                      Ver:1.0
                      Date: 151021.

I accidentally bricked it and tried this firmware. Where others would not load using the USB Burn Tool, this one did. The WIFI however does not work.

Since I was able to flash using your firmware and my box was resurrected, I was able to flash with "stock" firmware from:

which does run all the hardware, including the remote.

Like other stock firmwares though, this one has issues. The biggest is that the Google Play store does not work right and some apps that I know will work are flagged in Play as not for the version of Android on the box. I have to sideload apps. That and the MBOX launcher is silly and I have to use Nova Launcher.

Perhaps you could use this firmware as a basis for a new build for S905 RTL8189 boxes.
                      Last edited by Kragmeister; 03-10-2017, 12:32.

Comment

@Kragemeister

In Thread "NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK808B PRO S905 & MXQ PRO S905" / http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...5-mxq-pro-s905 on

Post #197 from KyleRiemen:

//07-24-2016, 03:38
                        //Originally posted by blackbird920 View Post
                        //nice custom rom, if the wifi of mxq pro works in new version i'll donate too.
                        //thanks
                        //If you want Wifi to work just put this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd8xuuoqka...8723bs.ko?dl=0 into /system/lib/ , replace the original one, set permissions to 644 and reboot. It is actually only the 8189es.ko //renamed to 8723bs.ko.

and on Post #249 from dylan54:

10-19-2016, 08:17
                        Thank you for the nice rom.

FOR 8188EU USER

My box is:
                        MXQ-S905-D16 = MXQ PRO 4K
                        V 1.0
                        DATE 151021
                        RT8188ETV chip on motherboard

Whith NEOMODE rom wifi not working? NO PROBLEM

download attachement and uncompress,
                        in /system/lib delete the 8723bs.ko
                        8188eu.ko and put on it on /system/lib
                        and after rename in 8723bs.ko, chmod to 644, reboot.

good rom solution for the community.

Thank you in advance.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dylan54; 10-20-2016, 00:57.

Perhaps you can try the rom from Post #300 from pawhtiobo

03-03-2017, 04:11
                        Originally posted by mike1111m View Post
                        got it to boot no wifi or ethernet?
                        Hi,

A few posts back, I think I saw a workaround related to replacing the .ko module of the wifi to make this ROM work.

Also, I found a modified version of this ROM here:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...testing/page13

This one already has the correct driver, and it works!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Kragmeister View Post
                          I posted on the thread for your previous ROM. I just tried this one as well and it does not work correctly either. FWIW, I have an MXQ Pro, S905 with 8189ETV wifi chip. Board is marked

Model: MXQ-S905-D16
                          Ver:1.0
                          Date: 151021.

I accidentally bricked it and tried this firmware. Where others would not load using the USB Burn Tool, this one did. The WIFI however does not work.

Since I was able to flash using your firmware and my box was resurrected, I was able to flash with "stock" firmware from:

which does run all the hardware, including the remote.

Like other stock firmwares though, this one has issues. The biggest is that the Google Play store does not work right and some apps that I know will work are flagged in Play as not for the version of Android on the box. I have to sideload apps. That and the MBOX launcher is silly and I have to use Nova Launcher.

Perhaps you could use this firmware as a basis for a new build for S905 RTL8189 boxes.
                          My MXQ 4K Pro board is CS_905MXQ_V1.0 2015-09-19 blue board, 1G/8G. Was run 201606xx ROM. After bricked by stucked in OTA update tool with local ZIP file, I foudn this neomode rom and get it back working without Wifi, ethernet and remote like you. Try replace 8088eu not work, so I find the latest working rom for my model: MXQ PRO 4K_S905_IMG_02122016_AndroidTVBox.eu here
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Hope this help

Comment

Hi to all!

Thank you for this awesome rom, I tried on my MK809V TV Stick. Rom successfully runs but I can't use mouse But maybe, USB drivers are problem, sorry I'm not sure because I know nothing about roms except how to install them

Is thre any way you can implement drivers from this rom:
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

(on this rom works everything except ethernet hub)

To yours? I know that I'm asking to much, but I think it will be awesome to have you rom fully functionaly for us with this stick.

Please let me know

Comment

What you mean you can´t use a Mouse?
                              Did other USB Devices Work or USB general not Working?

Regards
                              Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                                What you mean you can´t use a Mouse?
                                Did other USB Devices Work or USB general not Working?

Regards
                                Neomode
                                Is not recognizable, USB or mini usb (OTG) won't recognize mouse - I assume is somehow drivers are missing I wasn't able to test wifi, ethernet, etc...

Generaly USB wont work.

EDIT:
                                I found modified rom and installed, now USB and wifi works. But I have problem with ethernet cable. Also I uploaded on topic drivers that came with CD. Can you check it and please can you tell me how can I manualy install on box? Also I don't have root access, help?

Code:
                                http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/638013-transpeed-mk809v
                                Thanks
                                Last edited by maka22; 03-26-2017, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X