K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.0 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 720p/1080p kernels

i uploaded new kernels for 1080 and 720p. Please test both kernels again if the hdmi issue is fixed

thanks

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      i uploaded new kernels for 1080 and 720p. Please test both kernels again if the hdmi issue is fixed

thanks

http://d-h.st/T2c
      I tested both kernels (720p,1080p)
      Both kernels give "out of range" on my tv. <-- Not correct. It worked after retried.

The resolution was set to 1080p/60 the last time i booted with your previous kernel.
      I'm thinking about putting the previous kernel back, set resolution to 720p and reflash the new kernel to see if 720p resolution work. Should be a no-go but maybe i'll try it to feed my curiocity.

Also there's a third kernel in the compressed file (kernel.img). Should i try this one too?

Thanks.
      Last edited by psychorat; 09-15-2013, 13:25. Reason: correction
      Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Originally posted by psychorat View Post
        I tested both kernels (720p,1080p)
        Both kernels give "out of range" on my tv.

The resolution was set to 1080p/60 the last time i booted with your previous kernel.
        I'm thinking about putting the previous kernel back, set resolution to 720p and reflash the new kernel to see if 720p resolution work. Should be a no-go but maybe i'll try it to feed my curiocity.

Also there's a third kernel in the compressed file (kernel.img). Should i try this one too?

Thanks.
        forget the third kernel please, i uploaded 1080p/720p kernel again. Could you please test both?

thanks

Comment

forget the third kernel please, i uploaded 1080p/720p kernel again. Could you please test both?

thanks
          With those kernels, all resolutions work on my k-r42. No black screens here. Look forward to testing your 720p overclocked kernels. Thanks

Comment

Any news on the Kernel with AVout fixed ?

I'm willing to test if you need some guy with a old tv

Comment

Flash kernel

Sorry for nub question.
              Can somebody explain how exacly flash kernel using rkandroidtool?
              Thank you very much.

Comment

thanks
                I tried the 720p and initialy didnt work (still out of range).
                But then... i reverted to a working kernel (the 1080p from last night) and changed the HDMI mode to 720p/60 in settings. Then i reflashed this 720p kernel and it worked!!! After the succesfull boot, i changed the resolution to 1080p to see if something is wrong, but 1080p worked as well.

Well, something is going wrong when the initial resolution is 1080p on a 720p kernel for some Monitors/TVs.
                But im very happy now that everything comes in place. !! Thanks!

edit:
                I also noticed, the available CPU frequencies are now only from 1.2 to 1.8Ghz
                Last edited by psychorat; 09-14-2013, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by psychorat View Post
                  I tried the 720p and initialy didnt work (still out of range).
                  But then... i reverted to a working kernel (the 1080p from last night) and changed the HDMI mode to 720p/60 in settings. Then i reflashed this 720p kernel and it worked!!! After the succesfull boot, i changed the resolution to 1080p to see if something is wrong, but 1080p worked as well.

Well, something is going wrong when the initial resolution is 1080p on a 720p kernel for some Monitors/TVs.
                  But im very happy now that everything comes in place. !! Thanks!

edit:
                  I also noticed, the available CPU frequencies are now only from 1.2 to 1.6Ghz
                  it's overclocked kernel, so it's expected that available CPU frequencies are from 1.2 to 1.8

Comment

it's overclocked kernel, so it's expected that available CPU frequencies are from 1.2 to 1.8
                    Yes i mean from 1.2 to 1.8Ghz. The forum lags, so it took me 5 minutes to edit n correct that digit!.

btw Riptide GP 2 runs flawlessss!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                      Any news on the Kernel with AVout fixed ?

I'm willing to test if you need some guy with a old tv
                      it has low priority for me.

Comment

it has low priority for me.
                        I also bump for this...

Comment

Originally posted by sash View Post
                          Sorry for nub question.
                          Can somebody explain how exacly flash kernel using rkandroidtool?
                          Thank you very much.
                          Assuming that the flash tool has detected your device.

You uncheck all checkboxes except kernel.
                          You click the far right button [..] in the kernel row to browse and select your favorite kernel.img
                          You click the "Flash ROM" button or "Run" if you use an older version.

The flash util version i use is from a Finless ROM (T428 4.2.2 Finless 1.5a) (Finless flash tool v1.37).

Comment

Thank you psychorat!

Comment

Wasser your great kernel also no flicker issue on 1080p

Lewy20041 in your SDK2 rom we have option to rotate device layout. Can you add this to HFW or is it in 2.0.1? im still using 1.2.2 as prior reply's thats best for testing wasser kernels.

Comment

thanks

http://d-h.st/T2c

Hey wasser,
                                just did a short test with "K-R42_HFW_2.0.1_720p" with build in kernel, and your 720p and 1080p versions on my "EXOON POWER PRO" device.

Here are my results:
                                My stock remote does not work, no funktion at all
                                cable lan works!
                                wifi works! ( after i turned it of and on again )

Box is connected with HDMI cable and lan (wifi worked too), monitor ist able to play all resolutions (Asus PA238Q).

Stock 720p Kernel from 2.0.1 Rom:
                                1. all resolutions works!
                                2. audio set to RK29_RK1000 - perfect!
                                3. audio set to RK29_RK1000 PASSTHROUGH - perfect with AC3 and DTS passthrough to my external reciever

HDMI set to 720p 60Hz:
                                4. streamed 720p/1080p with XBMC - some are woking perfect, some are not and struggling with "xbmc-20130913-25bf01a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk" and audio passthrough to HDMI! Both, ac3 and dts worked!
                                5. streamed 720p with MX Player together with Mizuu ( you have to disable HW+ in MX! ) - perfect!, incl. ac3 and dts passthrough

6. streamed 1080p with XBMC - some are woking perfect, some are not and struggling
                                7. streamed 1080p with MX Player together with Mizuu ( you have to disable HW+ in MX! ) - perfect, incl. ac3 and dts passthrough

kernel-720p-140913-1215:
                                1. all resolutions works!
                                3. audio set to RK29_RK1000 PASSTHROUGH - perfect with AC3 and DTS passthrough to my external reciever

HDMI set to 720p 60Hz:
                                4. streamed 720p/1080p with XBMC - some are woking perfect, some are not and struggling with "xbmc-20130913-25bf01a-master-armeabi-v7a.apk" and audio passthrough to HDMI! Both, ac3 and dts worked!
                                5. streamed 720p with MX Player together with Mizuu ( you have to disable HW+ in MX! ) - perfect, incl. ac3 and dts passthrough

6. streamed 1080p with XBMC over SMB lan - no chance! about 5fps!
                                7. streamed 1080p with MX Player together with Mizuu ( you have to disable HW+ in MX! ) - perfect, incl. ac3 and dts passthrough

Kernel-1080p-140913-1215:
                                1. all resolutions work!

HDMI set to 1080p 60Hz:
                                5. streamed 720p with MX Player together with Mizuu ( you have to disable HW+ in MX! ) - perfect, incl. ac3 and dts passthrough

6. streamed 1080p with XBMC - some are woking perfect, some are not and struggling

Is there a chance to get my remote working with this rom and your 720p and 1080p kernel?
                                If there is a chance, here is my original kernel:
                                CX-921_StockKernel.zip

And here is my stock rom:
                                CX-921_StockRom.zip

I got a debug kernel from ibazzi a few weeks ago, the Code from my remote is u=0xff (from dmesg)
                                Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Working...
                                X