Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first post updated with 2.0.3
    please test
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

ok thanks, 2.0.2 it crash my k-r42

2.0.3 does not work for me, my device only is shuting down
      Last edited by karbit; 09-16-2013, 19:49.
      Minix Neo X7
      Tronsmart MK908

Comment

cant say what is wrong with your device.
        2.0.2 didnt work for you to right:"
        maby you have defected unit.
        from where did you get it?
        ApkFreak

Comment

2.0.2 works nicely with hi718 hardware

Great Job guys!

Just got back my box and first thing was to install it (just before Lewy put up 2.0.3)

HDMI works to LG 22MA53D personal monitor+TV display
          IR remote works even in mouse mode
          RC11 remote works (but soft keyboard become enabled in applications even when it was off during the first boot)
          Logitech MK250 keyboard+mouse combo works, now I am typing this on a 2x terminal application to a W7 machine. Sometimes when I press space it goes before the last letter, I have not seen this on a normal PC yet (lik ethi sit is strange i fyou typ efast) Had similar problem on my Zealz GK802

Wifi looks stable ,have not tested too much ,but will mesure it later.

XBMC I think have some playback issues, but BSC plays back fine in hardware mode.

Mouse cursor is normal size and can be used in Windows terminal session.

edit:
          Speedtest ran full speed on my 30/2Mbit connection

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
            cant say what is wrong with your device.
            2.0.2 didnt work for you to right:"
            maby you have defected unit.
            from where did you get it?
            maybe, but with stock firmware works fine RK3188_BOX_Kingnoval_K-R42-1_NEUTRAL_8188EU_20130702_B
            Minix Neo X7
            Tronsmart MK908

Comment

hym...
              well see how it will work for others.
              on my unit its working without a problem:"
              ApkFreak

Comment

Today I tried XBMC with modified library for pass-through and not worked for me either. Every time I have more clear that there are several hardware configurations for the same device. This is common in products from China.

Later I will try the version 2.0.3. The 2.0.2 version does not work on my device and 2.0.3 surely not.

I think anyone who has this problem will not see any version above 2.0.1 work, and without AC3/DTS.

Hope I'm wrong and give thanks for this great work, also 2.0.1 is a very good firmware.
                K-r42 box with 2.0.4 Lewy20041
                Out: TV LG HDMI
                In: original controler/mini keyboard trackball controler wifi
                XBMC Nightly build v13

Comment

you can try i used difrent kernels this time:"
                  ApkFreak

Comment

Hi

fw 2.0.3 flashed, everything works fine !

tested recovery, nandroid backup done :-)

does anyone knows how to remove 2 extra virtual screen ? Because only one is enough for me...

Franck.
                    for windows8.1 drivers fix follow this.
                    ---
                    Jesurun v2.1 old rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                    K-R42 v2.1 new rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                    Minix neo x7 mini with quickshot firmware 3.1 with kernel HDMI patch
                    Minix neo s8s with stock firmware
                    Plex streamer with external MX player
                    TV Sony Bravia HDMI 1080p/60hz with AC3/DTS passthru.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Bunsen View Post
                      Playing 1080P file, video seems to drop a frame at a regular interval, not exactly stuttering and watchable still, but definitely noticeable.
                      I notice stuttering as well on 2.0.2 when the bar and the mouse is hidden. I didnt had this problem when i tested the last wasser kernels but maybe i missed one.. I'll test 2.0.3 to see if the issue is gone.

When the bar/mouse is shown the stuttering disappear..
                      Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

SDK 2.0

Do all versions since 2.0.0 use the SDK 2.0? I seem to have lost track with all the versions. Looking forward to installing this when my box comes.
                        Thanks lewy20041

Comment

I have a K-R42 on 2.0.3 firmware.

The kernel switch now works. In 2.0.2 it would only report it was 720p (1280x720) now after the switch it would say 1080p (1920x1080).

Remote has some non-functioning keys which is the same from 2.0.2. Media, TV, reverse and fast forward show up as "Unknown_Keycode" in the keytest app but at least they have some input code detected so at least I can change the keyboard layout file to do something with these keys if I wanted to. Web, App and the 1/A/a (on the bottom left of the remote) does nothing. There's no input detected on these keys at all with the keytest app. All the other keys work correctly.

Edit: There's an issue with USB devices not working after the device goes to sleep for a while. It happened in 2.0.2 and it's still happening in 2.0.3. My wireless keyboard (logitech k400r) doesn't work after it wakes from deep sleep but the remote still works. Also, my external hdd is detected and i can see the folders and files in it, but nothing is usable. If I try to play a video file it just doesn't play. I tried resetting the USB host in this state but USB devices still don't seem to work. It would only work after a restart.
                          Last edited by iamsamsamiam; 09-17-2013, 06:55.

Comment

cs918 with all black remote v2.02

dts and dolby pass through working on both stock player and xbmc. antutu score 20,138, remote still not working above version 1.2.0

Comment

2.03 Observations

Loaded 2.03 onto my K-R42, set video to 1080P 24Hz and audio to SPDIF passthrough, here's what I found:

Netflix video freezes after a couple of minutes play. Audio continues.

SPDIF passthrough only works in Netflix. MX Player and native player both output static noise.

Google Play Movies stops responding and menu pops up to request close/wait etc.

Comment

Originally posted by algiam View Post
                                Today I tried XBMC with modified library for pass-through and not worked for me either. Every time I have more clear that there are several hardware configurations for the same device. This is common in products from China.

Later I will try the version 2.0.3. The 2.0.2 version does not work on my device and 2.0.3 surely not.

I think anyone who has this problem will not see any version above 2.0.1 work, and without AC3/DTS.

Hope I'm wrong and give thanks for this great work, also 2.0.1 is a very good firmware.

Confirmed, 2.0.3 firmware does not work, the same symptoms as 2.0.2. Tried to put Wasser kernels and same symptoms.

Everything started to fail since I enter the recovery mode, the recovery is almost the first thing that loads when you boot up android.

We could have a version 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 without modifications recovery (2.0.1) to verify this?

Clearly something is changed from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 is not compatible with some devices.

I bought the device a week ago, maybe new with different hardware.

Thank you,
                                K-r42 box with 2.0.4 Lewy20041
                                Out: TV LG HDMI
                                In: original controler/mini keyboard trackball controler wifi
                                XBMC Nightly build v13

Comment

Working...
                                X