This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Unless some minds get changed at Rochchip to code to the google api that wont happen soon. Hard headed...
    Wow, I didn't know this. I am used to devices like Nexus, Samsung and Others. This is only the third android media streaming device that I've owned and both the other devices (Tronsmart t428 and Minix Neo X8-H) have been able to root and worked with Google. I get the root issue as it gets harder to do on every major android update, but for the Google compatibility issue this is new to me.
    I'm going to keep my hopes up though and if we get root I will play with the build.prop and see if I can get it a bit more Google friendly...lol...

Comment

Playstore will get resolved thats easy fix...new device dont think many devs even have yet.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

CSA96 TV Box RK3399 R-TV BOX K99 RK3399 new firmware uppdate rooted i have tested all ok ok

link:

this firmware is rooted it seems that CSA96 TV Box RK3399 real name HTC t077 RK3399 wifi6255_6.0 has better support

http://www.mediafire.com/file/faigr6...a_20170420.rar
        Last edited by wahran; 04-29-2017, 07:27.

Comment

Originally posted by wahran View Post
          CSA96 TV Box RK3399 R-TV BOX K99 RK3399 new firmware uppdate rooted i have tested all ok ok

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/noftab...0_20170418.img
          This is good news. I just got my Nvidia Shield Pro 2017 hooked up and running so I will have this to just play around with. Thank for the rooted firmware and the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by glockman4519 View Post

This is good news. I just got my Nvidia Shield Pro 2017 hooked up and running so I will have this to just play around with. Thank for the rooted firmware and the heads up.
            So, To use this updated firmware do I just put it in the root of a properly formatted SD card and let the built in updater find and install it? Since it is so new I haven't seen any posts on how to properly flash an update or custom rom, when ever one is made. I know that I will be looking at this closely to see what, if anything I can safely alter in it.

Comment

this firmware is for rockchip RK3399 with wireless AP6225 not for Nvidia Shield Pro 2017

Comment

this firmware is for rockchip RK3399 with wireless AP6225 not for Nvidia Shield Pro 2017
                Yes, I know. What I said was, I have my new Nvidia that I will use for streaming now. That frees up the CSA96 RK3399 and I wont be too worried about something happening to the CSA96 now and therefore will be playing with the device and the firmware. I am week aware of what device this firmware is for but thank you for the concern anyways.. : )
                ​​

Comment

Updating Firmware to Rooted Version ...

Can Anyone answer this ?

So, To use this updated firmware do I just put it in the root of a properly formatted SD card and let the built in updater find and install it?

Please help

Michael T.
                  3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                  CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                  Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                  Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                    Updating Firmware to Rooted Version ...

Can Anyone answer this ?

So, To use this updated firmware do I just put it in the root of a properly formatted SD card and let the built in updater find and install it?

Please help

Michael T.
                    I have been so busy with my YouTube channel and other new devices that I got in, that I haven't had a chance to just try this and see if it works. Hopefully someone who has updated theirs already will help you by answering it but if not, as soon as I get the time I will play with it and let you know how it works for me.

Comment

use
                      SD Firmware Tool. v1.45 choose uppgrade firmware uugrade and then create after put it in the box power on it will start uppdating dont forget to take the sd card out before booting the box when the uppdate is finsh
                      or use
                      AndroidTool v2.38
                      or
                      RKBatchTool-v1.8
                      hold reset button without power in and connect usb cable

Comment

Thank you very much. This helps out a lot.

Comment

Hello All,

Which image is rooted ???

I tried this img 20170418.img but it is not rooted ...

Please post a link ...

Or A Link to A Root Program that works .... I have tried 4 different Root Programs and NONE of them Work ...

thanks in advance

Michael T.
                          Last edited by michael2t; 05-15-2017, 17:03.
                          3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                          CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                          Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                          Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

this firmware is rooted
                            HTC_t077_RK3399_wifi6255_6.0_chuangsiqi_ota_201704 20

then you can uppgrade to
                            supersu_v2.79-279.apk

Comment

this firmware is rooted
                              HTC_t077_RK3399_wifi6255_6.0_chuangsiqi_ota_201704 20

then you can uppgrade to
                              supersu_v2.79-279.apk
                              I have this running on the R-TV K99, the firmware itself reports this as CSA96
                              (And is is similar, only exchanging a reset button at the back for a power button at the front)

After updating Super SU application through the play store, the su binary update also was a success.

Comment

this firmware is very stable and i use xbmc SPMC16-2-RKmodHWG also stable instead of kodi-17.1-Krypton-arm64-

Comment

Working...
                                X