This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

Alright so a little progress. Go back to your stock boot, that custom boot.img was a test to meet some dependencies and it looks like we got the result we wanted.

Later I'll upload a full firmware for you to test. Next thing to do is test (in combination with the new boot.img):

[CODE]ro.factory.hasUMS=true[/COD

to

Code:
    ro.factory.hasUMS=false
    ​​​​​​​You can do that in your build.prop if you know how, reboot and flash the new boot.img after you do. It's okay if you don't know how to do it or would rather wait.
    yeah I saw it as progress to. I may wait. Could probably figure out how to edit the build prop but this is progress so I'll wait on it.
    thanks much for all the help. May not seem like much but this is the furthest I have gotten with anything other than stock.

Comment

Maybe I can remove dust from mine z68 last time i play with him before few mounts ,rly you make some life in this rk3368 boxes

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post

yeah I saw it as progress to. I may wait. Could probably figure out how to edit the build prop but this is progress so I'll wait on it.
        thanks much for all the help. May not seem like much but this is the furthest I have gotten with anything other than stock.
        I got you ... I've ported alot of devices, so I'm familiar with the feeling.

Your device uses a different storage interface/controller, that makes it harder to port than some others, and is the reason why you couldn't just flash any firmware other than stock, like most device owners can. It's ridiculous that you're stuck on an ancient firmware, and that's why I'm glad to help any way I can.

I'm going to upload a firmware for you in a little while, hopefully it finally boots.

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
          Maybe I can remove dust from mine z68 last time i play with him before few mounts ,rly you make some life in this rk3368 boxes
          ... sounds like a plan. I'll upload a Z68 port later, too, then.

Comment

... actually, with that new boot, you can flash the system.img I sent you the other day, and it should boot up. If you don't mind doing that, it would be useful to know the results

Comment

... sounds like a plan. I'll upload a Z68 port later, too, then.
              That will be nice ,tnx shomari notshomari shomari

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post

That will be nice ,tnx shomari notshomari shomari
                haha.. someone's been around a while

Comment

dkholm56 I'm uploading your firmware in a few minutes

Comment

brickmojoccatz you should be able to run any SPMC on the firmware now, I fixed the issue you had reported, I forgot to let you know. Did that port for your device go well?

Comment

Try this one, please. Let me know if it runs correctly.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I got you ... I've ported alot of devices, so I'm familiar with the feeling.

Your device uses a different storage interface/controller, that makes it harder to port than some others, and is the reason why you couldn't just flash any firmware other than stock, like most device owners can. It's ridiculous that you're stuck on an ancient firmware, and that's why I'm glad to help any way I can.

I'm going to upload a firmware for you in a little while, hopefully it finally boots.
                        I really do appreciate all the help. The M8 Pro could be a decent box with the right firmware. It has pretty good specs.

Comment

I really do appreciate all the help. The M8 Pro could be a decent box with the right firmware. It has pretty good specs.
                          did you try this one?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Hey Shomari,
                            sorry it took me a minute. Had to get rid of company lol. yeah I tried it. It flashed fine, but on boot it came to the M8 Pro splash screen then said "No Signal" when connected via HDMI. Even tried connecting to AV with same result. I tried booting a few times as well.

Comment

Hey Shomari,
                              sorry it took me a minute. Had to get rid of company lol. yeah I tried it. It flashed fine, but on boot it came to the M8 Pro splash screen then said "No Signal" when connected via HDMI. Even tried connecting to AV with same result. I tried booting a few times as well.
                              ...damn. No worries; alright back to the drawing board.

Comment

...damn. No worries; alright back to the drawing board.
                                tried booting for 3rd time. Now it is staying on m8Pro splash screen...weird it isn't going past to the No Signal like previous boots

Comment

Working...
                                X