Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOV Z69 2GB RAM 16GB ROM rooted firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by songeila View Post
    Hey guys, I also flashed my Z69 with gatos' rom. Thanks so much for sharing that btw!!!
    It all went nicely, however - for some reason it still shows apps being "incompatible" with my device in the app store. I can't even install NETFLIX ??!
    Also I find that for some reason the video streaming seems to be a bit laggy on literally all other apps like youtube and several IPTV apps. I can rule out my internet connection as a culprit since I'm getting 40+ Mbit... Any ideas? Anyone experiencing similar issues?

I'd really appreciate any comments, ideas, etc.

cheerz guys...
    Was your box Z69-M on the settings description?

Comment

You mean with the "-M" explicitly? - hmm... hard to recall, really... Does it make a huge difference? SoC should still be the same tho, or no? Sorry for my noobity here

Comment

You mean with the "-M" explicitly? - hmm... hard to recall, really... Does it make a huge difference? SoC should still be the same tho, or no? Sorry for my noobity here
        Is your box a 2 +16 GB? With 905x?

Comment

Yep. Here's the link to the box I bought... https://www.banggood.com/Z69-S905X-2...l?rmmds=search

Comment

Have you tried flash it again?

Comment

These tv boxes seems to have 2 different boards
              So the firmware for the board with samsung eMMC is this : https://mega.nz/#F!wgtxQSZA!-OirgNflTU5kpSvcpmkxdg
              Now for the other board are these 2 : https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

and mine : https://mega.nz/#!WVEmiDaZ!IP33_IxCt...UC3m-gUoRwTuwA
              Good luck!

Comment

Aaalrighty... So I opened up my box yesterday - apparently its a non-Samsung eMMC board. So i went ahead and flashed a few of the roms that gatos was linking (thx so much btw!).
                The stock one is definitely crap, the rooted one is slightly better but still with some major performance issues.
                And then I went back to gatos' rom. Its definitely A LOT faster than all the other roms, Im still having issues with some apps not showing up in the playstore (Netflix, Airconsole Android TV) but all in all this is def something one can work with!
                I also solved my lagging video problem... Turns out that for some reason my wifi-connection got a lot worse (~2Mbit) after I flashed my original stock rom. I have absolutely no idea why, maybe I damaged sth when I opened the box or it does have sth to do with the roms... whatever... Long story short, I'm using Ethernet now instead and bam! it's working like a charm. Also a couple of reboots after a fresh flash seemed to have stabilized the whole performance of the box, don't really know why that is either - just my personal observation...
                So thx again gatos for your great work!
                Out of curiosity - how do you even programme these costum roms? Is there an IDE or sth. available?

cheerz

Comment

Out of curiosity - how do you even programme these costum roms? Is there an IDE or sth. available?
                  With a lot of courage .....!!!!

LOL!!!!

Comment

I have noticed a minor issue; the BT doesn't work. It connects with the earphones but there's no sound. It recognises the smartphone but fail the connection due to a password failure. And when it's on, its not possible to shutdown or put the box in sleep mode; it reboots.
                    However it's not really important...

Comment

Originally posted by rjota View Post
                      I have noticed a minor issue; the BT doesn't work. It connects with the earphones but there's no sound. It recognises the smartphone but fail the connection due to a password failure. And when it's on, its not possible to shutdown or put the box in sleep mode; it reboots.
                      However it's not really important...
                      There is a fix here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...425#post652425

Test it and share the results!

Last edited by gatos814; 08-26-2017, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
                        These tv boxes seems to have 2 different boards
                        So the firmware for the board with samsung eMMC is this : https://mega.nz/#F!wgtxQSZA!-OirgNflTU5kpSvcpmkxdg
                        Now for the other board are these 2 : https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...126D253EA3A2B2
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

and mine : https://mega.nz/#!WVEmiDaZ!IP33_IxCt...UC3m-gUoRwTuwA
                        Good luck!
                        Then I need to open the Z69 box before!

In my case, I have a pair of this from Gearbest. The first one came with Android 6 and it's working fine (more or less). The second one came 20 days after with Android 7. The config menus are so slow. I'm using Kodi and It plays the videos by jumping. The experience has been horrible, then I need to change the firm.

I will read in this forum about how to recognize my boards and then how flashing a new ROM, because I don't have idea about this.

Thank you for your work guys! Maybe I will have some questions for you after the work

Comment

About this fix... Does anybody know which is the folder where we must to do the replacement? It only says correct folder and correct permissions

Comment

Originally posted by patxicorleone View Post

About this fix... Does anybody know which is the folder where we must to do the replacement? It only says correct folder and correct permissions
                            Yes, I know, this was my post This fix for XannyTech firmwares, and I dont know, if this scheme works in other roms. So:
                            Permissions: all folders must be 755, all files - 644.
                            Destination:
                            app - must move with replacing to:/system/
                            etc - must move with replacing to:/system/
                            lib - must move with replacing to:/system/
                            I think it's not very difficult? )) for correct moving you must use correct explorer with root accses, for example - ES Explorer PRO(with enabled ROOT in his settings). I recommend move folders in course.
                            1. First move "app" with content. Check moving, check and(or) change permissions of files and folders.
                            2. Second step - move "etc" with content. Check moving, check or change permissions of files and folders.
                            3 Third step - move "lib":
                            3.1. first move "hw" and "rtkbt" folders with content, check moving, check or change permissions of files and folders.
                            3.2. And last step: move only files in "lib", because when you moving libhardware.so - the box go to restart.
                            3.3. After restarting change permissions of files from last step, restart againe and try to enable bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post

Yes, I know, this was my post This fix for XannyTech firmwares, and I dont know, if this scheme works in other roms. So:
                              Permissions: all folders must be 755, all files - 644.
                              Destination:
                              app - must move with replacing to:/system/
                              etc - must move with replacing to:/system/
                              lib - must move with replacing to:/system/
                              I think it's not very difficult? )) for correct moving you must use correct explorer with root accses, for example - ES Explorer PRO(with enabled ROOT in his settings). I recommend move folders in course.
                              1. First move "app" with content. Check moving, check and(or) change permissions of files and folders.
                              2. Second step - move "etc" with content. Check moving, check or change permissions of files and folders.
                              3 Third step - move "lib":
                              3.1. first move "hw" and "rtkbt" folders with content, check moving, check or change permissions of files and folders.
                              3.2. And last step: move only files in "lib", because when you moving libhardware.so - the box go to restart.
                              3.3. After restarting change permissions of files from last step, restart againe and try to enable bluetooth
                              Thank you boss! I will try it

Comment

I'm doing somenthing wrong!?

Following the stepps, I import the image and press start. Then I connect the tv box to the otg usb port and nothing happens... I have tried to press the reset button with the same result.

Any idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X