Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost done with a new ROM to try, so don't get too carried away.

It takes longer to upload/download than it takes to do the ROM...with all my scripts, anyway. It used to take me days by hand.

I still have to edit parameters...that will take some time.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I'm running into some problems...causing delays.

I will have to upload tomorrow as I posted earlier.

Sorry.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

OK, here it is.

1.2a

Download

I had to use an earlier firmware, because Geekbuying took it down from their server (I wonder why???)

See if this fixes your crashing problem.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

I got my tablet stuck at the boot screen using the 1.2 rom too and had to reinstall the official version. 1.2a doesn't get past the download screen again...

Comment

Try using one of the parameter files out of the 1.2 ROM. See if that helps. There is something really funky with the stock parameters...unlike anything I have seen. You can also try using the kernel.img out of the 1.2 ROM.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

OK, using the 1.2 parameter files I was able to get past download.

Things are running fine again and root access is working. Will report on rebooting later.

Rebooting seems to go well too, the first time. Thanks.
              Last edited by NCR85; 08-05-2013, 20:00.

Comment

Hope I will find the time to download & flash 1.2a next days as well and report back.
                What settings file exactly did you use?

Comment

Re: Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.2 [Feedback]

The 1.2a ROM is based on the most recent firmware on the Freelander site

Remember to use the parameter files from the 1.2 ROM.

Sent from my N101-Freaktab
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Ok...I'll give this a try after work. Anyone having issues so far? Being the original guinea pig I'm a little timid.

Comment

Success

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      The 1.2a ROM is based on the most recent firmware on the Freelander site

Remember to use the parameter files from the 1.2 ROM.

Sent from my N101-Freaktab
                      Ok...So far sooooooo good! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Comment

Ok...May have spoke too soon. Worked fine for a bit. Used the 8gb parameter file. Tablet froze...when I reset it it gets stuck on the Riley Rom splash? Used 1.2 8gb parameter file and 1.2a for everything else...anyone else use a different parameter file? Any different results?

Comment

Seems stable for now...might have been a shady app. Also, I rebooted immediately after the first start up. Side note...My Antutu score went from 13444 to 16452...Nice work Riley! (no overclock)

I'll keep updating.

Comment

Originally posted by circusboy View Post
                            Seems stable for now...might have been a shady app. Also, I rebooted immediately after the first start up. Side note...My Antutu score went from 13444 to 16452...Nice work Riley! (no overclock)

I'll keep updating.
                            Soooo...that was another false alert. I got about 5 power cycles/reboots. It's frozen again on the Riley Badge splash screen. Anyone else having this issue? It's so close to working. I'm back on stock rom
                            Last edited by circusboy; 08-09-2013, 16:13.

Comment

might have found something running the 1.2a ROM

Hi all , I have only now been able to attempt the 1.2a release , I unfortunately ran into the same problem again. I have tested with all parameter files , but the result is the same . Everything works, I am able to connect to wifi, update apps and install some apps, even run some apps (a complete antutu benchmark etc.).But at a seemingly random moment it freezes up.

I have found something that I think might be useful though. I have tested this multiple times and the result was always the same. If I connect the pd800 to my notebook using USB , and copy data to the SD memory.
                              Then the tablet will freeze during the next power cycle.
                              I have tested this directly after a clean flash ,without any other changes and it happens every time!

My guess is ,that the other seemingly random freezes occur when a app tries to address the SD memory instead of the system memory. (some apps download extra data to sd card instead of the system memory , if the amount of data is too large)

Could there be a problem with the parameters , which indicate the start and end locations of the partitions, or perhaps a problem with the partitions themselves? I do remember that on the stock ROM my PD800 indicated 1Gb of system memory instead of the advertised 2Gb ,so there may be something odd with the memory configuration.

I am sorry about the longwinded post , but I do hope this is helpful information, and if there is anything that needs to be tested, I'll gladly volunteer.

I hope you can get this ROM working , in the little time I got to use it i was very pleased with it , and it made the PD800 a snappy tablet, and better then i could have hoped for.

Either way thank you for your hard work!

Comment

I really thought I had this parameter thing solved...wow!!!!!.

Let me work on it...
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X