No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...you are saying it won't work if you rename them without the txt extension? i.e..."parameter"?

It's always worked for me.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      So...you are saying it won't work if you rename them without the txt extension? i.e..."parameter"?

It's always worked for me.
      Correct. I've made a screenshot so perhaps it shows you what I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	parameter.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	430539

You see five txt files and one parameter2 file. And thats the problem I think. The parameter.txt was origianaly parameter4.txt. Since I don't know how the default file is named "parameter.???" it stays a txt after renaming it.

Comment

So I turned off the 2.4 signal on my router and went with just the 5Ghz and my tablet now works. Let me know if there is any data I can collect if you want to have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcopy View Post
          Correct. I've made a screenshot so perhaps it shows you what I mean.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2844[/ATTACH]

You see five txt files and one parameter2 file. And thats the problem I think. The parameter.txt was origianaly parameter4.txt. Since I don't know how the default file is named "parameter.???" it stays a txt after renaming it.
          That is one of the limitations from Windows you just have to overcome...even though the extension isn't hilighted when you click rename...you can still scroll the arrow key to remove the .txt from the file name, manually. Windows will give you an error that warns you that the file may act differently if you change the extension. Actually WE WANT the file to act differently, so just go ahead and do it. You will end up with a file that is named "parameter" without an extension...then you are good to go.

Please forgive me for taking for granted what I consider to be simple things...I think I will start removing the txt extensions from the files...like 900Supersport and Finless do to eliminate further confusion.

With all I do to make a ROM, in order to save time...I got lazy and decided to let the users remove the txt extensions themselves...MY BAD!!!!!! Sorry for that.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

About the multiwindow functionality, are the gallery and settings the only ones with it implemented? I refer to the center-swype-down-window of the homescreen.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

You can open any app within a window. From what I can tell, you can't resize the window (unless someone has figured it out). You can have 4 apps running simultaneously, taking 1/4th of the screen each...or you can tile them in the middle of the screen.

Watching videos in a window while doing something else is handy. But I still haven't figured out...or wonder if you can have one app full screen with another little window on top...or is that asking too much? Anyway, it's fun to play with, but the text is so small in a window, that you can't really use it to surf. My fingers are too big to hit the links...and my eyes are too old to see it very well even with glasses on.

Another thing I haven't figured out is how to make an app go back to full screen after you have placed it into a window. I have had to close the app in order to get it back in full screen.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

You can open any app within a window. From what I can tell, you can't resize the window (unless someone has figured it out). You can have 4 apps running simultaneously, taking 1/4th of the screen each...or you can tile them in the middle of the screen.

Watching videos in a window while doing something else is handy. But I still haven't figured out...or wonder if you can have one app full screen with another little window on top...or is that asking too much? Anyway, it's fun to play with, but the text is so small in a window, that you can't really use it to surf. My fingers are too big to hit the links...and my eyes are too old to see it very well even with glasses on.

Another thing I haven't figured out is how to make an app go back to full screen after you have placed it into a window. I have had to close the app in order to get it back in full screen.
                Hi,
                You can resize any window, just drag three fingers on it, the window will be greyed, then just pinch in with two fingers to adjust the size, till full size if you want (the blue border disappears then). and finish by grabbing three fingers to have it ready

You can have then a big window but overlapped over the others

Comment

Originally posted by Firestar View Post
                  About the multiwindow functionality, are the gallery and settings the only ones with it implemented? I refer to the center-swype-down-window of the homescreen.
                  As I see, the apk need some modifications to respond to the rockchip API.
                  android:allowHalfScreen="true" need to be in the manifest as example (I have two versions of gallery2, one goes to this bar, the other not)

So Pipo or others must do this before we can have more app in this center notification bar;

Comment

Just power off and remove the external SD.

Power back on.

Go to settings...storage

Mount internal NAND.

You will get a notification that says damaged storage.

Touch the notification and select format.

This will set up your internal storage.

Having to do this process is a side effect of running CWM recovery in place of stock recovery...which does it automatically.

Sent from my M5
                    Thanks for this simple fix. I had another post in the forum on the same issue.

I had googled this and got a lot of 'non-answers'.

Again ...kudos!
                    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

That is one of the limitations from Windows you just have to overcome...even though the extension isn't hilighted when you click rename...you can still scroll the arrow key to remove the .txt from the file name, manually. Windows will give you an error that warns you that the file may act differently if you change the extension. Actually WE WANT the file to act differently, so just go ahead and do it. You will end up with a file that is named "parameter" without an extension...then you are good to go.

Please forgive me for taking for granted what I consider to be simple things...I think I will start removing the txt extensions from the files...like 900Supersport and Finless do to eliminate further confusion.

With all I do to make a ROM, in order to save time...I got lazy and decided to let the users remove the txt extensions themselves...MY BAD!!!!!! Sorry for that.
                      Yup, on that point your right. I have over 30 years of experiance, but I'm a novice on Android.

There is nothing to forgive, if I had been using my head then this wouldn't have happend.

But I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm.

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!!!

You had me worried that none of my parameter files were working....
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Another observation, I cant switch between applications using the background APP button, I must go to homescreen first and then I can switch to another background application.

Comment

I keep trying to reproduce that problem...but I haven't seen it yet.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I keep trying to reproduce that problem...but I haven't seen it yet.
                              I did a factory reset to check if its any software issue and sometimes de switching works and sometimes not(have to go through the homescreen first).

Maybe its a problem of my device.

Comment

same issue

Originally posted by Firestar View Post
                                Another observation, I cant switch between applications using the background APP button, I must go to homescreen first and then I can switch to another background application.
                                =================

hi i have same issue and i post know 3 times and i send private massage but till know no body answare to this problem it is very important becuse every time i hvae to go back to homescreen

please some body can fix this issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X