No announcement yet.

Rikomagic MK22 Plus issue update firmware with USB burning tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had upgraded in June with the Amlogic USB burning tool , but for some reason was getting an error trying to upgrade again. i have not yet tried the SD card method.

Comment

also my player still works just wanted
      to upgrade without any issues

Comment

The USB burning tool directions has setting for 'erase flash' as 'normal erase'. ( I was successful one time with the USB burning tool same device )

The burn card maker has setting for 'erase flash' as 'forcibly erase'

For the burn card maker would you suggest I set the erase flash to normal or forcibly erase ?

Comment

Normal is generally enough.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

thanks. how about the 'reboot setting ' ? SD burn maker default is checked (yes) and the usb burning tool default 'reset after success ' is not checked ..(no) .? should i check or uncheck the reboot option ?

Comment

I always let it reboot automatically.

Comment

Just trying to be clear I take it by your comment "I always let it reboot automatically." you check the reboot opinion ?

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please stop posting same Article in all threads...this is a warning.

Yes

Comment

i take it the burn card maker is a fairly safe method to upgrade the firmware as it boots the android off the SD card , launches the firmware image and install? thanks

Comment

I've used the method over a hundred times.

It does what the burning tool does.

I would not advise trying the method if I did not have confidence in it.

No flashing is ever 100% risk free but enough people do it successfully for it to be trusted and many failures are due to wrong firmware, bad cables etc.

That's why in so many firmware posts that it is always use at your own risk.

And even when something fails, 99% of the time, there will be a recovery solution.

Comment

Hi traitt ,

bluesmanuk is right , try or leave it like it is .

We all were Newbies and had to learn how to ,

reading many Threads helps .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Yes but the most important part is flashing the proper firmware thats where too many fail. Just maje sure its for your device and others have confirmed it.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

not my first firmware update. just the first this method
                          my MK22 Plus doesn't have a power button , have to use the remote so let me know does this sound correct. i will put the micro sd card in with it off , hold the reset / restore button turn it on holding the button 3 seconds after it's on let go and then update should start ?

Comment

Originally posted by traitt View Post
                            not my first firmware update. just the first this method
                            my MK22 Plus doesn't have a power button , have to use the remote so let me know does this sound correct. i will put the micro sd card in with it off , hold the reset / restore button turn it on holding the button 3 seconds after it's on let go and then update should start ?
                            Pull the power plug out first.

Then, when you are holding in the reset button, plug the power in to start it up.

Comment

bluesmanuk
                              Ok. I can pull the power plug out as after it's plugged in it turns on

Then when it turns on am I holding the reset button 3 seconds or am I needing to wait to see something on the screen ?

Also I take it if I don't hold the reset button long enough it just won't
                              start the update and i'll need to start the process over

Comment

Working...
                              X