Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextbook 8 HD NX008HD8G Comes with shell root.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For others who find this topic I figured I should mention that the method provided in this topic did not work, it was in fact the Modified Recovery & Flashable Root that worked on my tablet.
    Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Am I correctrecovery updlking about a Next8HD8G?

What method are you referring to? The in the first post of this thread?

If it didn't work, what went wrong?

Most, and possibly all, current Amlogic based Nextbooks can be rooted with Cydia Impactor.

There is also a modified recovery and flashable root package for the Next8HD8G located here:
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6674-Amlogic-Next8HD8G-%28NX008HD8G%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root

ShaunMT
      I tried this method but I ran into an issue while trying to download from plays tore I noticed it wouldn't install any apps can some one explain in detail what to do while in the 3e recov ery

Comment

Originally posted by Richardbuen1 View Post
        I tried this method but I ran into an issue while trying to download from plays tore I noticed it wouldn't install any apps can some one explain in detail what to do while in the 3e recov ery
        You shouldn't have to do anything but flash the .zip and reboot.

Can you give an example? What were you trying to install and what error message were you getting?
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

You shouldn't have to do anything but flash the .zip and reboot.

Can you give an example? What were you trying to install and what error message were you getting?

I have downloaded both the moded uimage and the zip saved them to my external sd card pressed the power and vol+ button to get into the recovery mode frome there is says

reboot now
          update from ext.
          update from adb
          etc (something)
          etc (something)
          etc (darkside)

so i updated from ext then rebooted after that it has me set up the tablet when i attempt to download root checker it say's downloading but doesnt seem to ever finish or install

Comment

Originally posted by Richardbuen1 View Post
            I have downloaded both the moded uimage and the zip saved them to my external sd card pressed the power and vol+ button to get into the recovery mode frome there is says

reboot now
            update from ext.
            update from adb
            etc (something)
            etc (something)
            etc (darkside)

so i updated from ext then rebooted after that it has me set up the tablet when i attempt to download root checker it say's downloading but doesnt seem to ever finish or install
            Sounds like you installed it correctly. Are you able to download anything at all?

Have you tried wiping data and cache?

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Issue with external SD Card/storage settings

shaunmt,

I have a
              Next8HD8G, to which I just flashed the stock rom and the root package using the modified 3e recovery (all found here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Flashable-Root). Now, I am unable to access the external SD card I have. When I put it in or remove it, I do get the notification, but when I go to storage settings, I get 'Unfortunately, settings has stopped'. Also, when I use ES File explorer, it says the SD card is unmounted. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and more importantly, what I can do to fix this? Please let me know when you can. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jateed View Post
                shaunmt,

I have a
                Next8HD8G, to which I just flashed the stock rom and the root package using the modified 3e recovery (all found here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Flashable-Root). Now, I am unable to access the external SD card I have. When I put it in or remove it, I do get the notification, but when I go to storage settings, I get 'Unfortunately, settings has stopped'. Also, when I use ES File explorer, it says the SD card is unmounted. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and more importantly, what I can do to fix this? Please let me know when you can. Thank you.
                This is a common and frustrating problem. Here some suggestions to correct the issue:

Remove the external SD Card
                Boot into stock internal recovery
                Wipe Data (Twice)
                Wipe Cache (Twice)
                Reboot, verify Data and Internal SD Card mount correctly
                Reinsert External SD Card
                Verify External SD Card mounts correctly

If not...
                Wipe Data (Twice)
                Wipe Cache (Twice)
                Wipe Media (Twice)

If not...
                Reformat the external SD Card on a comptuter

If it still won't mount...
                Reflash the ROM

Wiping usually solves this problem, although it does not always work on the first try.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

This is a common and frustrating problem. Here some suggestions to correct the issue:

Wipe Data (Twice)
                  Wipe Cache (Twice)

If not...
                  Wipe Data (Twice)
                  Wipe Cache (Twice)
                  Wipe Media (Twice)

If not...
                  Reformat the external SD Card on a comptuter

If it still won't mount...
                  Reflash the ROM

Wiping usually solves this problem, although it does not always work on the first try.

ShaunMT
                  That did it. I had to wipe the media partition too, but it reads it perfectly. Thank you so much for all your hard work ShaunMT. Now, I just need to remove all the darn bloatware this thing came with.

Oh, one more thing. Can this rooted OS handle the Xposed Framework?

Comment

Originally posted by jateed View Post
                    That did it. I had to wipe the media partition too, but it reads it perfectly. Thank you so much for all your hard work ShaunMT. Now, I just need to remove all the darn bloatware this thing came with.

Oh, one more thing. Can this rooted OS handle the Xposed Framework?
                    Absolutely, any Xposed modules for all ROMs or AOSP roms should work just fine.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

i need Nextbook NX008HD8G Stock rom or flashable rom. i can reach device with Amlogic USB Burning tool. but ineed .img or .zip stock rom. when power on my tablet only show bootanimation. can not open system or can not open android recovery.

Comment

Working...
                      X