Well, my PMID710c is now Rooted.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes we can. Let me look at them though and make sure when they are combined it makes sense. Maybe a sub forum.

Bob
    Thank you kindly sir!

Comment

Finally

I've been reading for the last 4 day about rooting this device and NO luck.. came to realize I have the "Biglots" version of this tablet that i guess is not a RockChip.. so my question is where do I get this drivers Im about to z4root-it so at least I get more stuff installed

Comment

Stop!

Originally posted by terrancextc View Post
        I've been reading for the last 4 day about rooting this device and NO luck.. came to realize I have the "Biglots" version of this tablet that i guess is not a RockChip.. so my question is where do I get this drivers Im about to z4root-it so at least I get more stuff installed
        Z4root's option to "re-root" gets stuck in a boot loop and will not proceed and the "Un-root" option will brick your device at the polaroid screen leaving you no access... As for the Rk28 drivers i have 2 packages and neither would take ALTHOUGH I did manage to have the device recognized as an Android Phone called Android ADB, I immediately reveserd this due to lack of true knowledge in this department.

Comment

Thanks

Im glad i did not press Re-root or Un-root Lol, but I was happy when I saw that my device was "rooted" according to z4 root.. what do you suggest me to do at this point if I cant even find drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by terrancextc View Post
            Im glad i did not press Re-root or Un-root Lol, but I was happy when I saw that my device was "rooted" according to z4 root.. what do you suggest me to do at this point if I cant even find drivers?
            Hit up this link

go to #15 and follow Artistlogic VERY simple package install. ALSO the bit.ly file needs to be d/l on a pc and unzipped then transfer to tablet and install, restart tablet. After it restarts go on the market and d/l Superuser, DropBox installer and Terminal also Id suggest the PAID version of Root Explorer for the correct permission to "modify" your /system folder. Root Browser is a free version of Root Explorer and offers some modifying as far as I can see but Ive yet to dive into it.

Comment

Merging these 3 threads is going to make this really messy!

I suggest one of you guys grab the bull by the horns and please make a new post with rooting instructions and tips now that you know what you know. I will stick it and you will get your first sticky

For sure this will save someone from bricking thier tab by pressing re-root. I will also add information like how to make system RW, etc if it is missed in a fresh post.

So who is going to MAN up and make a really clean post?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Merging these 3 threads is going to make this really messy!

I suggest one of you guys grab the bull by the horns and please make a new post with rooting instructions and tips now that you know what you know. I will stick it and you will get your first sticky

For sure this will save someone from bricking thier tab by pressing re-root. I will also add information like how to make system RW, etc if it is missed in a fresh post.

So who is going to MAN up and make a really clean post?

Bob
                Id be more than willing to do it or help out. Honestly though I want it to be correct 100% SO Im calling upon those making true headways!
                sabercatpuck
                artistlogic notpod N4RPS Lets all get together and see if we cant get a SOLID thread up with the CORRECT and TESTED instructions for what we have come to learn. ESP You 4, it seems the most headway has come from this group and I'd be willing to bet it will continue to.

PLEASE Contact me and let me know if your on board OR have any other contributions so we can get this ball rolling with a rocket strapped to it!

* Sorry not to include you on that list Finless Bob but, I know your talents are needed elsewhere and most importantly THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS! Your insights have REALLY cleared the air around these things!
                Last edited by Zarealius; 03-29-2012, 20:47. Reason: Forgot to thank Finless Bob!

Comment

I've added you all as contacts and I'm willing to help with anything I can,(type up walkthroughs, etc) although N4RPS's method of getting a working market was more efficient than mine since it is the most recent version of market complete with correct icons. Will we be getting a subforum or just a sticky post? I suggest a subforum as I can imagine a lot more people will be after this tablet with all of our developments on it already.

Comment

i am in

count me in too. so are we going to lock this thread in as the primary thread or is it going to be a new one altogether? i will admit my knowledge in android is limited, have done some programming in genetal, but not so much in java and android, working on learning though. i am good in electronics hardware and research though.
                    to that end i did find a post on a russian board where they wete working on the Onda VX610W and while some of the chips were different it is using the same motherboard.
                    having trouble copy and pasting the link on my phone, but knowing how closely related the onda seems to be i figured i would let you know that they have released ICS for all of the VX610W line. i will add link later when i get home
                    Last edited by sabercatpuck; 03-29-2012, 21:59.

Comment

nevermind figured out the paste options

ok, figured out the cut and paste options with my phone. I have looked at some pictures and it is definitely a very close cousin at least, so might give us some stuff to go on at least

Comment

Please make a new thread. I will stick it as a reasource!

Thanks you guys as over the last 3 days the good info is spread all over 3 threads

Bob

Comment

ad-hoc network connection

Realize though that your are not "fully rooted" as you cannot write to /system. What you have is what we call a simi-root.

Bob
                          I have noted that I am able to connect to an ad-hoc network with a 701c straight out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by pseudonym View Post
                            I have noted that I am able to connect to an ad-hoc network with a 701c straight out of the box.
                            That has nothing to do with root access... That has to do with your wpa_supplicant and what the maker of your tab decided to allow.

Bob

Comment

That has nothing to do with root access... That has to do with your wpa_supplicant and what the maker of your tab decided to allow.

Bob
                              Bob, thanks for setting me straight on this. Time for me to read up on the subject!

Comment

Working...
                              X