No announcement yet.

MX10 Android 7.1.2 RK3328 4/32GB TV BOX 2.4GHZ WiFi Fast Lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have tried to update the firmware to last Android Pie and I receive a "Prepare IDB Fail" error.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	prepare IDB Fail.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	762085
    With toothpick or not, I can enter only in maskrom mode.
    Tried all 3 the tools I have (Rockchip Batch Tool 1.8, Factory Tool 1.6, RkDev Tool 2.51) and the result it's the same.
    I am stuck and no idea what to try to unbrick. Version is PASS/D4/64G 2018/11/15.
    It came with Android 8.1 installed and the main problem was Kodi icon not available and no possibility to change launcher.
    Anyway what I will need it's at least to install some firmware for the beginning.
    Almost forgot to say I tried also to short the two pins as explained by UncleJack.
    Thanks a lot for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by ray72ro View Post
      Hi, I have tried to update the firmware to last Android Pie and I receive a "Prepare IDB Fail" error.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	prepare IDB Fail.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	762085
      With toothpick or not, I can enter only in maskrom mode.
      Tried all 3 the tools I have (Rockchip Batch Tool 1.8, Factory Tool 1.6, RkDev Tool 2.51) and the result it's the same.
      I am stuck and no idea what to try to unbrick. Version is PASS/D4/64G 2018/11/15.
      It came with Android 8.1 installed and the main problem was Kodi icon not available and no possibility to change launcher.
      Anyway what I will need it's at least to install some firmware for the beginning.
      Almost forgot to say I tried also to short the two pins as explained by UncleJack.
      Thanks a lot for any help!
      I have the some problems..
      but i have resoult...
      For first you mush use firmware d4

(ddr4) e not r1 o r2...(ddr3)
      And flash with use factory tool only entering in maskroom mode ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo80 View Post

I have the some problems..
        but i have resoult...
        For first you mush use firmware d4

(ddr4) e not r1 o r2...(ddr3)
        And flash with use factory tool only entering in maskroom mode ...
        Hi Bimbo80,
        Thank you very much for your answer to help me.
        I have tried again following your instruction, but unfortunately the same error: Prepare IDB Fail.
        Tried with all 3 USB computer ports which mapped to Port[1], Port[2] and Port[3] in Factory tool and the same error.
        Tried withe the other 3 box USB ports, but not detected by computer.
        Tried with Upgrade and Restore mode, but the same error.
        I think there is a problem with device, not the chosen firmware. There is a tip for resetting by shorting two pins by UncleJack but not working for my device.
        Looking forward for other possibilities.

Comment

hi all

i got this a few weeks ago, and at first was very impressed. managed to replace the launcher with something that actually seems to work (i had another mx10 previously, and no widgets worked, i mean you could put them on the screen and all, but they would never ever refresh, have no idea why).

i honestly thought i found the perfect device. I have had a few, but ALL of them had something wrong, either the apps didn't work, or the widgets, or kept crashing, could not play certain video files while the other device with the same setup/codecs/apps could happily play them, aaargh. And it was all fine and dandy until a few days ago, when i noticed that the google play store app would no longer work. It flashes a white screen and closes, no error message or anything.

i can only make it work temporarily when i go deep into the settings/app settings, and remove the updates. then it starts, but if i close it then it probably updates again in the background, and the same thing happens.

also i can't get the HBO GO app to work (european version, mind you). WIth the previous device it was ok, and i think it's an android 9 thing: when you start the app, it asks if you have a direct subscription or through another company. I must choose another company as it is what it is, and then it gives me a dropdown of these companies. Now apparently this handling of dropdowns must be a pretty annoying bug or something, because when i click on it, the app closes immediately, without an error message. And there is no way to get through it. I tried everything, from a browser, etc, but even if i manage to log in from the browser, the login does not transfer to the app, and the video player does not work at all from a browser. What a stupid fkin bug, grrrr.

But i actually wanted to ask: did anybody experience this Google Play Store thing that i'm having right now? Any ideas on what i could do?

Comment

Hi waryou383 I am actually on Android 8.1 mxq_rk3328_d4_8.1_8189-6051_20180828_r1 firmware, and it has the exact same issue you mentioned. I believe it is because it is automatically updating itself and it actually never finishes. I found a work around, if you go on google chrome on the device, and search for google play store, there will be links from google play store ,and there should be an apps link click on that and you will be able to get the apps you want from there

Comment

thanks for the hint! for the time being i'm ok, it's just so strange that it can happen and stay like this for weeks/months without any proper resolution...

Comment

just an update: apparently there was another background update for the Play store, as it now runs as before! yaay

if only there was a way to fix the screwed up dropdown-box handling in Android 9, i would be completely happy.

and since i'm here: i ventured to do a little test: i put my old(er) mx10 box back, and did a full system reset from the menu, so back to factory settings. I hoped that the issue with the widgets not updating automatically (i think i detailed it in my ealier posts - they appear in the launcher just fine, but after appearing they do not refresh in the background, the time stops on them, they just sit there, doing nothing) would perhaps be a result of some settings or a screwed up app install, but unfortunately, no. The same thing happens. I even tried a different launcher than before, but to no avail, the widgets don't work.

also, with this box i see that the bottom bar was removed, for reasons i can not understand really, but ok. Unfortunately this makes apps like Google Photos unusable, as you can only select "Albums" from that menu, and that menu is invisible on the mx10. So while you can still check individual photos, you are not able to bring up a full album. Or at least i could not find any way. And that is really annoying.

Apparently there MUST be some of these little annoyances present, so i could still say that there is no perfect device

Comment

Working...
                X