X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New rom leolas-rom-QX1-1.1

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
    @damianos

This tutorial, is to help those flashing for the first time, using option number 2 in the OP. I feel there is confusion about where to click to browse to where the files have been extracted.

This post is going to seem redundant, I'm sure, to most, but it just might clarify what needs to be selected.

After you have followed instructions downloading and extracting the files, make sure you remembered where you extracted the files to, bring up the flash tool, and make sure the RKAndroid tool says "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb". If it does not, you will have to hit the "Switch" button next to the EraseIDB button to put the stick into flash mode. Be sure to press EraseIDB, before you flash the rom for the first time. Once that is done, you need to look at the window where all the check boxes are. Across the top, you will see

|# |☐| address| name | path | ... |

At the moment, all you want to be concerned with, is the | ... | column.
    In the Loader row, click the blank space under the | ... | column, and browse to the leolas-rom-QX1 directory. The file we are looking for is Loader.bin. after you select the file and hit the Open button, you will see that the name is filled out for the loader in the | path | column. Repeat the process for boot, kernel, misc, parameter, system, and recovery. Once they have all been directed to the correct directory, go to the |☐| column, and make sure the first 7 boxes are checked. You do not need to check the backup box. Press the "Run" button, and be sure to watch the dialog box on the right, to know when the flash is over. Refer to OP for wait times after flashing. I hope this gives a little bit more detail to the flash process, and if I left out anything important, let me know.

Most of all, Enjoy this incredible AMP! (Android Mini PC) for those new to the lingo......
    Thanks a lot for the great explication. English is not my nature language and you explained it better, thanks again. If you give me permission I will post it in the tips secction of the post.

I am out of home for some days again, and again from my mobile and tapatalk, no pc and no tvstick acces for now. But Minix launched a new stock rom for the X7 with some fixes. I will port it to our QX1 when arrive home if Bob don't do it before.
    About oc kernels, I hope to release new versions too. But not all sticks overclock in the same way, and remember that extra dissipation can be needed to oc. Take care about this. If in your stick appears artifacts your stick don't support this oc, so go a level down. Remember to use a good quality PSU, it will save you a lot of problems.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Thanks a lot for the great explication. English is not my nature language and you explained it better, thanks again. If you give me permission I will post it in the tips secction of the post.

I am out of home for some days again, and again from my mobile and tapatalk, no pc and no tvstick acces for now. But Minix launched a new stock rom for the X7 with some fixes. I will port it to our QX1 when arrive home if Bob don't do it before.
      About oc kernels, I hope to release new versions too. But not all sticks overclock in the same way, and remember that extra dissipation can be needed to oc. Take care about this. If in your stick appears artifacts your stick don't support this oc, so go a level down. Remember to use a good quality PSU, it will save you a lot of problems.

leolas
      Yes, you have permission to use the post, or move it anywhere you see fit. I was hoping that it would help at least one person.

Comment

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
        Yes, you have permission to use the post, or move it anywhere you see fit. I was hoping that it would help at least one person.
        Of course it will help more than one. Thanks.

leolas
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Rom source

Can you post the stock rom source..not that I know what Im doing or anything, but im just interested to see how exactly it works

Comment

Originally posted by ourpropaganda View Post
            Can you post the stock rom source..not that I know what Im doing or anything, but im just interested to see how exactly it works
            I dont understand well, you ask about the rom base used? In the 1.0 version I used the stock rom from imito, in the 1.1 I used a minix rom for X7.

leolas
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

I dont understand well, you ask about the rom base used? In the 1.0 version I used the stock rom from imito, in the 1.1 I used a minix rom for X7.

leolas
              No sorry for the misunderstanding, I was just curious about how the source code looked before you compile it.

Comment

Originally posted by ourpropaganda View Post
                No sorry for the misunderstanding, I was just curious about how the source code looked before you compile it.
                Unfortunately, we have not the sources to compile (now I am working in the 908 sdk, but there is a lot of work yet), so we need to take some tablets and stick roms and mod them to make them fit for our sticks.

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Unfortunately, we have not the sources to compile (now I am working in the 908 sdk, but there is a lot of work yet), so we need to take some tablets and stick roms and mod them to make them fit for our sticks.

leolas
                  Ok, so it is much more involved then I thought! Thanks for the great work you do!

Comment

I am using this rom with oc kernel and have started getting notification saying 'Blank internal flash' , 'Internal flash blank or has unsupported file system'.

So now some installed apps have stopped working and new apps are also not installing. In file manager there are only couple of folders shown in internal sd card.

Any idea what can be reason for this? I can reflash the rom but am curious to know reason for this happening to may be fix it alone or avoid it later.

Comment

I don't know, never happened to me, but now I am working in a new rom ans I am installing and reinstalling roms almos all days.
                      Someone more with this problem?

leolas
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Well my android stick isnt usable in current state with messed up file system so thought of giving finless 1.5 rom a try.

Strangely though my device is not booting to bootloader/ flash mode at all no matter what i do.
                        I tried with flashing tool given with the rom, alternate flash tool from rockchip included with finless rom. Then tried to restart it to bootloader mode from device reboot application. Nothing brings it to flash mode. Tried booting it to recovery (supposed to be CWM installed with current rom) but that also boots it in normal mode and not recovery or bootloader mode.

What other way i can try now?

Comment

Originally posted by harpy.eagle View Post
                          Well my android stick isnt usable in current state with messed up file system so thought of giving finless 1.5 rom a try.

Strangely though my device is not booting to bootloader/ flash mode at all no matter what i do.
                          I tried with flashing tool given with the rom, alternate flash tool from rockchip included with finless rom. Then tried to restart it to bootloader mode from device reboot application. Nothing brings it to flash mode. Tried booting it to recovery (supposed to be CWM installed with current rom) but that also boots it in normal mode and not recovery or bootloader mode.

What other way i can try now?
                          From terminal emulator try:
                          Code:
                          su
                          reboot bootloader
                          If you want to boot in recovery try: reboot recovery

Or you can use Perus reboot apk to enter in bootloader mode.

If none of them works try: disconnect the stick, push the reset button just at side of microusb port, then while reset button is pushed connect the microusb wire from the pc to the stick.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Used reset pinhole button. Had forgotten as never used earlier.

Thanks for timely replying stupid questions

Comment

Originally posted by harpy.eagle View Post
                              Used reset pinhole button. Had forgotten as never used earlier.

Thanks for timely replying stupid questions
                              The only stupid question is this that is not asked. So don't worry

leolas
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hi,

Whenever i connect or disconnect my logitech wireless (keyboard, mouse) combo while qx1 is running i get this error. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130903_141903.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	430772 and then applications stop working from running or installing, updating. Figured out this probably cause after sevaral attempts of flashing different roms. With leolas and finless rom it gave problem while with stock rom it didnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X