Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nougat View Post
    Same issue with those. I've even gone to the extent of using a different USB cable, thinking maybe the one I got out of the (other) box was bad.

I'll have to come back to this later. Thanks for your input.
    Nougat, do you have another computer you could try to flash from? I was having similar problems as you describe when trying to flash from my desktop PC. Took the tablet to my laptop and flashed from there and it worked immediately. Turns out the drivers on my desktop are/were all sorts of messed up.

If you don't have another computer, I'd try to go whole hog and delete every USB driver you can and start from scratch. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks and question

First off, THANKS Elektrik for the "Force GPU Rendering" checkmark suggestion!! I thought the internet was way more trouble than its worth and I'd just be using the tab for ebooks and movies/mp3. But after that checkmark the internets are pretty damn smooth! So thanks again.

Also, I just noticed that under "About Tablet" my tab is listed as PMID701i where the tag on the back of hte tablet says PMID701c. Is the About Tablet field a function of the ROM? (I'm using Shawn's ICS ROM). Or is it a hardware thing? Do I have some c/i hybrid tablet?

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by problemaddict View Post
        First off, THANKS Elektrik for the "Force GPU Rendering" checkmark suggestion!! I thought the internet was way more trouble than its worth and I'd just be using the tab for ebooks and movies/mp3. But after that checkmark the internets are pretty damn smooth! So thanks again.

Also, I just noticed that under "About Tablet" my tab is listed as PMID701i where the tag on the back of hte tablet says PMID701c. Is the About Tablet field a function of the ROM? (I'm using Shawn's ICS ROM). Or is it a hardware thing? Do I have some c/i hybrid tablet?

Thanks!

Mike
        Shawn's was (obviously) built with the 701i he had. it's a simple matter of changing the build.prop to name it PMID701C, Samsung Galaxy or (in my case, I put the Nexus 7 ) whatever.
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Well, I decided to skip going back to 2.3. The issue was that my kids wanted Fruit Ninja, and it wasn't available in the Play store for some reason. I just got the raw apk from somewhere and went with that, works fine.

New thing, though - my youngest, who's four, managed to make the onscreen volume controls (next to the Home button) vanish, and I have no idea how to put them back. I am officially old. Point me in a direction?

Comment

WTF?!

Originally posted by artistlogic View Post
            Polaroid PMID701c Cell Standby Bug Fix
            If you ever take a look at your battery stats, which you can see by using a battery widget, or by downloading "Any Cut"
            from Google Play, launch it, press New Shortcut,>Activity>Battery Use. You will then find a shortcut to see your battery stats on your home screen. This must be done because for some reason, the Battery Stats option that is normally in About Phone/Device is missing in the stock rom.

What we see here is symptoms of said bug. A large percentage of the battery is being eaten by a nonexistent Cell radio.

In order to fix this, you must again use Root Explorer which we used in the above tutorial for installing Google Play. Make sure that the folder /system is RW. The grey button at the top will say [Mount R/O] if you have successfully done this. From /system in Root Explorer, enter the folder called "app" and find Phone.apk. Long Press it, and choose Rename. Delete the "apk" part and replace it with "old" and it should now say Phone.old Press OK, and you will get a Force Close. Press the Reset button on the back of your tablet with a pen or paperclip, and your tablet will reboot. In about 24hours if you check back to your battery use screen, Cell Standby is no longer there, and you will notice a much longer battery life IMO:

Yeah, I did this, as well as the Market thing, but, I reinstalled ALL the system apps, and I got a pop-up screen after using Root Explorer, and It said "Use: [Launcher] or [Setup Wizard]." I accidentally clicked Setup WIzard and now Im suffering from a bizzarre bug. It says "Welcome to PMID701c, CLick the Android to begin". I cant do anything from there. HELP PLEASE!

Comment

We cracked it...

Originally posted by denali View Post
              No worries, it's all good. Questions are how people learn.
              1. My understanding is clearing cache and data shouldn't be a problem for those two apps.
              2. When I upgraded my PMID701C to ICS, Google Play told me a LOT of apps were not available for my configuration. So I'm not surprised you're seeing this.

Also, concerning the TV port... The company that supports these tablets, Southern Telecom, says that the TV Out is not supported under ICS. My guess is they don't have a ICS supported driver for it. Without cracking one open to see what kind of chip is driving that port or having someone with a Gingerbread based unit look and see what drivers are loaded, it may take a bit of work to resolve that issue.

Of course, I may be wrong and reserve the right to be as such. This is my first tablet with Android, but not my first Android device.

Denali
              We actually broke into one of these hoping it would help us find our ADB driver's during the "WTF? Is this rooted or not" tests. Thankfully Saber was quick to track down all the specs.
              Post #21 is the pics #22 is Saber's rundown of the components.
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...arket-and-more!
              I believe that makes Team Darkstar 2-0
              Side note : I kinda miss this project, might have to grab me another one.

-Zar-
              Last edited by Zarealius; 02-06-2013, 08:06. Reason: Forgot the link

Comment

Originally posted by Zarealius View Post
                We actually broke into one of these hoping it would help us find our ADB driver's during the "WTF? Is this rooted or not" tests. Thankfully Saber was quick to track down all the specs.
                Post #21 is the pics #22 is Saber's rundown of the components.
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...arket-and-more!
                I believe that makes Team Darkstar 2-0
                Side note : I kinda miss this project, might have to grab me another one.

-Zar-
                so what happened to all these folk anyhow? seems like they all disappeared and left the Polaroid modding to us noobs (ok, well I'm not a noob anymore, but I sure could have used/use some help figuring these bad boys out, lol)

Comment

We were early..

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                  so what happened to all these folk anyhow? seems like they all disappeared and left the Polaroid modding to us noobs (ok, well I'm not a noob anymore, but I sure could have used/use some help figuring these bad boys out, lol)
                  Honestly Elektrik,
                  Team Darkstar only functioned as a team for a matter of weeks, we were probably 2-3months ahead of the rest of the market with this tab. I personally bricked 3 before I was able to get a version of HC running, defaulting the build properties to mimic the Nexus 7 was the trick I used, Google said I had one so I ran with it. Needless to say we had 1 buildier 3 programmers and 2 testers, in the start we just wanted to root for GPlay app but, once we saw the potential of the tablet with it's "semi-root" pre state, we all kinda started individual testing hopeing someone would find that "sweet spot" in the stock ROM to build off for a custom ROM.
                  I think once people came across this forum and found the basis of what they were looking for none of us were pushed to try and find the next big thing for them, ICS was in pre release, so most of our work would end up null-invoid reguardless but, for what time this forum was jumping, we were making the beat. I personally recently purchased another MID tablet the M9000 and will be jumping over to that forum or creating it one here very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarealius View Post
                    Honestly Elektrik,
                    Team Darkstar only functioned as a team for a matter of weeks, we were probably 2-3months ahead of the rest of the market with this tab. I personally bricked 3 before I was able to get a version of HC running, defaulting the build properties to mimic the Nexus 7 was the trick I used, Google said I had one so I ran with it. Needless to say we had 1 buildier 3 programmers and 2 testers, in the start we just wanted to root for GPlay app but, once we saw the potential of the tablet with it's "semi-root" pre state, we all kinda started individual testing hopeing someone would find that "sweet spot" in the stock ROM to build off for a custom ROM.
                    I think once people came across this forum and found the basis of what they were looking for none of us were pushed to try and find the next big thing for them, ICS was in pre release, so most of our work would end up null-invoid reguardless but, for what time this forum was jumping, we were making the beat. I personally recently purchased another MID tablet the M9000 and will be jumping over to that forum or creating it one here very soon.
                    Well feel free to offer me insight-though I've made several modified stock and my own Elektricity ROMs for a few Polaroid devices, I certainly could use another knowledgable person to help me more. I've learned from the early work you folks did and having you as a resource would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by demochip View Post
                      Could you link me to where you saw it? This forum's search function isn't very good...

Also do you know what types of micro sdhc cards are compatible with this tablet? I'm am trying to buy a 32GB Class 10 sdhc, should work right?
                      I have a class 10 32gb micro sdcard in my pmid701c right now, works great, music plays a little smoother and the various classic video game system emulators run the roms off of it pretty smoothly to. I haven't tried watching a movie from it yet.

Comment

Severe Frustration!!!

Hi, I have just gotten 4.4 on my PMID701c, and I have gotten market on itAs well. Although, I have enjoyed the hell outta this little thing, An odd glitch Occured. I HAVE NO VOLUME BUTTONS OR NOTIFICATION SYMBOLS ON THE TOOLBAR!! Plus, It repeatedly resets Itself, Which gets annoying seeing as I get no WiFi When the Auto-Reset glitch occurs.... All help is encouraged! This is urgent and freaking me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic2345 View Post
                          Hi, I have just gotten 4.4 on my PMID701c, and I have gotten market on itAs well. Although, I have enjoyed the hell outta this little thing, An odd glitch Occured. I HAVE NO VOLUME BUTTONS OR NOTIFICATION SYMBOLS ON THE TOOLBAR!! Plus, It repeatedly resets Itself, Which gets annoying seeing as I get no WiFi When the Auto-Reset glitch occurs.... All help is encouraged! This is urgent and freaking me out.
                          4.4....what? Surely you don't mean Android 4.4, since there is no version 4.4? As far as no volume buttons, that seems to happen occasionally, although I don't remember the solution. You *do* realize I make custom ROMs that you can flash that already have root and market on so you don't have to manually add, right?

Comment

Make sure you have notifications turned on. Tap the notification bar to see notifications, then tap the time, you should get menu options, look at Notifications, and make sure it is turned on. When I turn them off, I lose my software volume buttons, and I don't get any notification icons on the notification bar...hope it helps

Comment

Thank You so much!

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
                              Make sure you have notifications turned on. Tap the notification bar to see notifications, then tap the time, you should get menu options, look at Notifications, and make sure it is turned on. When I turn them off, I lose my software volume buttons, and I don't get any notification icons on the notification bar...hope it helps
                              If I had a LIKE button, I'd slap the hell outta it, Thank you.

Comment

Re: ****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

If I had a LIKE button, I'd slap the hell outta it, Thank you.
                                You're welcome

Sent from my 701c using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X