Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcelo Filgueira
    replied
    Originally posted by ahdiddum View Post
    Hi,
    I've just received my M8S PRO W, I updated using the rom, and it didn't work. The device is bricked. Black screen. Is there a hope to recover it ? Thanks...
    You can use USB Burning Tool with the firmware (.img) file.

Leave a comment:

• Marcelo Filgueira
    replied
    Originally posted by ximi View Post
    Hi, after installing this firmware by OTA, my device restart and never again did an image appear on the screen, everything is black for more than restarting.

I tried to unbrick my device using Burn Card Maker but nothing appears.

In usb burning tool it appears as a connected device but it gives me an error in the installation (Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error) with every rom.

I can't open the recovery so I don't know what can I do now.

My device is MECOOL M8S PRO + 905w without reset button.

Thanks so much.

pd: I have the same problem than rimasi98 in this post: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4-1-hs/page24

Hi, I have the same device, I was able to solve installing the M8S PLUS W (S905W) firmware with the USB Burning Tool, and after installing an OTA update of the M8S PRO W, it is not perfect, but the device works again, wifi and bluetooth won't work. Internet access only works via ethernet. I'm using it, at least until I find the correct firmware for this device, because the ones I found on the internet are for the S905X.

sorry for the english, i'm using google to translate.
    if you want the links and more instructions, send a message.

Leave a comment:

• ahdiddum
    replied
    Hi,
    I've just received my M8S PRO W, I updated using the rom, and it didn't work. The device is bricked. Black screen. Is there a hope to recover it ? Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• staplesowns
    replied
    Does anyone else have issue with power button? That is, when pressing power button it doesn't turn on....but the button works when I turn it off. Tried reflashing and all that, not sure what the problem is anymore. I also tried turning sleep on/off, doesn't look to be the issue.

Leave a comment:

• dannyh45
    replied
    ok

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Glad you liked it, Fernandes!

Guest commented on 's reply
    It's failing when checking ro.product.device == "M8S_PRO_W". I'm not aware of Mecooll releasing any M8S PRO W devices without this ID, so I'm curious what firmware you currently have installed.

• Fernandes
    replied
    Instalação da rom ok, obrigado Magendaz pelo excelente trabalho
    Last edited by Fernandes; 09-05-2018, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• Fernandes
    replied
    Originally posted by Nilsonslg View Post

Amigo segue este tutorial, foi assim que fiz na minha box.

M8S PRO W USB Upgrade Guide
    1. Copy the upgrade files to the root of TF card or USB device. (Tips: TF card or USB device file system must be FAT32 format)
    2. If use USB device to upgrade. Plug it into the OTG host of the box.
    3. Switch to APPS List, Find out the “UPDATE” application, and Press OK Key into sub-menu.
    4. Move the cursor to “Local Update” button, Press OK key to select the upgrade file. To be find out the upgrade file and Press OK key to confirm.
    5. Select the two checkbox of wipe data and Wipe Media. Move the cursor to “ Confirm” button and Press OK key to upgrade
    6. The upgrade process will take 3mins approximately. Please don’t power off during the upgrading . After upgrade finished, the box will reboot automatically.
    Muito boa esse guia para novatos como eu , muito obrigado

Leave a comment:

• ximi
    replied
    Hi, after installing this firmware by OTA, my device restart and never again did an image appear on the screen, everything is black for more than restarting.

I tried to unbrick my device using Burn Card Maker but nothing appears.

In usb burning tool it appears as a connected device but it gives me an error in the installation (Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error) with every rom.

I can't open the recovery so I don't know what can I do now.

My device is MECOOL M8S PRO + 905w without reset button.

Thanks so much.

pd: I have the same problem than rimasi98 in this post: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4-1-hs/page24
    Last edited by ximi; 09-02-2018, 12:36.

Leave a comment:

• IPTVKid
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_204601.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	741723
    This is the error message I get

Leave a comment:

• IPTVKid
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_34919.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	741715 Hello Magendaz I want to know before I try to flash if the M8S Plus W not a MECOOL can work with this ROM the board is p21x
    Last edited by IPTVKid; 08-25-2018, 01:50.

Leave a comment:

• andreamfrost
    replied
    Originally posted by pryngeps View Post
    Guest thank you for you reply.
    I checked the schemes with DRM Info, this box doesn't have the Microsoft PlayReady DRM scheme that is required from timvision.
    It is not well clear to me if is an hw lack or is something that can be added into the rom.
    I have am android phone (xiaomi) and a tablet (huawei) on both DRMinfo doesent list microsoft and/or marlin DRMs... but timvision works on those android devices.

Leave a comment:

• Cid_Highwind
    replied
    Hello Magendanz, wlll there be a new update of this firmware to the lastest version of android??? Last youtube app update freezes playin videos ;(

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by stewe View Post
    Hi, Netflix on Android TV is not working anymore. MeeCool stopped from being supported. Is there any chance for a fix?

Thanks...
    The solution !!!

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...327#post738327

Leave a comment:

Working...
X