Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Como eu instalado

Comment

Hi.
      Will this rom work on a cooleme cm-m1 (it's a clone of the mecool m8s pro)?
      I tried to install it but it tells me that this rom is for another device.
      Thank you

Comment

Pessoal!! não consegui rodar o amazon prime video, sera que falta algum codec de video?

Folks!! I can not run amazon prime video, will it be missing some video codec?

Comment

@magendaz please update TV stock version to latest Ota

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 através do Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, Netflix on Android TV is not working anymore. MeeCool stopped from being supported. Is there any chance for a fix?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by stewe View Post
              Hi, Netflix on Android TV is not working anymore. MeeCool stopped from being supported. Is there any chance for a fix?

Thanks...
              The solution !!!

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...327#post738327

Comment

Hello Magendanz, wlll there be a new update of this firmware to the lastest version of android??? Last youtube app update freezes playin videos ;(

Comment

Originally posted by pryngeps View Post
                  Guest thank you for you reply.
                  I checked the schemes with DRM Info, this box doesn't have the Microsoft PlayReady DRM scheme that is required from timvision.
                  It is not well clear to me if is an hw lack or is something that can be added into the rom.
                  I have am android phone (xiaomi) and a tablet (huawei) on both DRMinfo doesent list microsoft and/or marlin DRMs... but timvision works on those android devices.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_34919.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	741715 Hello Magendaz I want to know before I try to flash if the M8S Plus W not a MECOOL can work with this ROM the board is p21x
                    Last edited by IPTVKid; 08-25-2018, 01:50.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_204601.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	741723
                      This is the error message I get

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's failing when checking ro.product.device == "M8S_PRO_W". I'm not aware of Mecooll releasing any M8S PRO W devices without this ID, so I'm curious what firmware you currently have installed.

Hi, after installing this firmware by OTA, my device restart and never again did an image appear on the screen, everything is black for more than restarting.

I tried to unbrick my device using Burn Card Maker but nothing appears.

In usb burning tool it appears as a connected device but it gives me an error in the installation (Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error) with every rom.

I can't open the recovery so I don't know what can I do now.

My device is MECOOL M8S PRO + 905w without reset button.

Thanks so much.

pd: I have the same problem than rimasi98 in this post: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4-1-hs/page24
                      Last edited by ximi; 09-02-2018, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsonslg View Post

Amigo segue este tutorial, foi assim que fiz na minha box.

M8S PRO W USB Upgrade Guide
                        1. Copy the upgrade files to the root of TF card or USB device. (Tips: TF card or USB device file system must be FAT32 format)
                        2. If use USB device to upgrade. Plug it into the OTG host of the box.
                        3. Switch to APPS List, Find out the “UPDATE” application, and Press OK Key into sub-menu.
                        4. Move the cursor to “Local Update” button, Press OK key to select the upgrade file. To be find out the upgrade file and Press OK key to confirm.
                        5. Select the two checkbox of wipe data and Wipe Media. Move the cursor to “ Confirm” button and Press OK key to upgrade
                        6. The upgrade process will take 3mins approximately. Please don’t power off during the upgrading . After upgrade finished, the box will reboot automatically.
                        Muito boa esse guia para novatos como eu , muito obrigado

Comment

Instalação da rom ok, obrigado Magendaz pelo excelente trabalho
                          Last edited by Fernandes; 09-05-2018, 15:55.

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Glad you liked it, Fernandes!

ok

Comment

Does anyone else have issue with power button? That is, when pressing power button it doesn't turn on....but the button works when I turn it off. Tried reflashing and all that, not sure what the problem is anymore. I also tried turning sleep on/off, doesn't look to be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X