Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcelo Filgueira View Post

Here is the link, .img and .zip. i used to solve the problem on M8S PRO+ with S905W.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZK...HFelPp6S74nW5R

I already tried another one and it worked for me. Did you say that WIFI did not work for you? It works for me, it's only slow. Thank you very much for recommending this ROM you saved me

Comment

Maybe the pcb is not the same of the first m8s pro w and now you have to install the m8s pro w android tv os

Comment

Originally posted by Abdel313 View Post
        Maybe the pcb is not the same of the first m8s pro w and now you have to install the m8s pro w android tv os
        but it was by installing the android tv OS for OTA UPDATES that my device died :/ and I had to resort to the rom of another model.

Comment

managed to put m8s pro w working again with the rom from Marcelo. But box not working properly. Need advice how to manage to flah with m8s pro w firmware again and preferebly with android 7.1.1. b.r.

Comment

Create a sd card with sd card maker with the first rom.img android 7.1.1 and plug your dc charger for turn on you box.
            if it doesn't work you can open the box and try a reset with the short pin.
            it's not easy

Comment

What I did was flash the box with the img of the ROM of the m8s pro plus via USB BURNING TOOL and then I saved the zip that is in the link of Marcelo on a pendrive and updated the system through local OTA.

Now at last I have Android TV

Comment

Originally posted by anonimo3.0 View Post
                What I did was flash the box with the img of the ROM of the m8s pro plus via USB BURNING TOOL and then I saved the zip that is in the link of Marcelo on a pendrive and updated the system through local OTA.

Thank you for your feedback, I managed to flash the box with the firmware
                of the M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img using the usb utility, by cons impossible to install
                the update M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip using local OTA
                I get an error while updating.

Comment

I already tried another one and it worked for me. Did you say that WIFI did not work for you? It works for me, it's only slow. Thank you very much for recommending this ROM you saved me
                  yes, it does not work, in the m8s plus w firmware it even worked, but very badly, already in the m8s firmware pro w does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by aznam View Post

Thank you for your feedback, I managed to flash the box with the firmware
                    of the M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img using the usb utility, by cons impossible to install
                    the update M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip using local OTA
                    I get an error while updating.
                    you need to use the recovery that is with the .zip in the link that I sent, so that the update works correctly.

just leave the .img with the .zip on the SD card (out of any folder), then use the reset button to enter the recovery.

Comment

you need to use the recovery that is with the .zip in the link that I sent, so that the update works correctly.

just leave the .img with the .zip on the SD card (out of any folder), then use the reset button to enter the recovery.
                      Thank you very much, I started with the recovery provided with the zip update
                      and the flash has passed successfully. actually the wifi is working but not very good.
                      I'm sorry for my english.
                      Thank you once again to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by aznam View Post

Thank you very much, I started with the recovery provided with the zip update
                        and the flash has passed successfully. actually the wifi is working but not very good.
                        I'm sorry for my english.
                        Thank you once again to everyone
                        you're welcome, I'm glad it worked for you!

Comment

hello again, with all the explanations i was able to revive m8s pro w. but firmware 7.1.2 any way to put in 7.1.1 ? b.r.

Comment

Here is the link, .img and .zip. i used to solve the problem on M8S PRO+ with S905W.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZK...HFelPp6S74nW5R

Works for me too..., but wifi is not working !??? - - after restarting - Wifi is working.... just like on stock ROM...
                            Sleep function is working now.., great...
                            No - Apk installer aplication...??

First I was able to flash (usb burning tool) "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img" and than I put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update...

After few minutes I have usable Android TV experience on my Mecool...

Thanks...

And I was curious - but there is a new OTA update (Optimize the user experience...)!?? Anybody tried...!??
                            Last edited by sappy; 09-20-2018, 14:17.

Comment

probably the new m8s pro W have a different bootloader. The board still identified as p21x but there's something different.

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yep, that's my guess as well. Is there a new serial number sequence for the latest hardware revision?

Originally posted by sappy View Post

Works for me too..., but wifi is not working !??? - - after restarting - Wifi is working.... just like on stock ROM...
                              Sleep function is working now.., great...
                              No - Apk installer aplication...??

First I was able to flash (usb burning tool) "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img" and than I put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update...

After few minutes I have usable Android TV experience on my Mecool...

Thanks...

And I was curious - but there is a new OTA update (Optimize the user experience...)!?? Anybody tried...!??
                              Hello,

can you give me the link of the new OTA, I will try to test it.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X