Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed OTA update of NExus rom but bricked my device, after that i unbricked it via USB Burning tools ,but not went very smooth .
    From 10th attemp (stuck on 7%,8% ....) have successfuly to unbrick and install stock firmware on my device.
    I want to try this ROM ,BUT I'M affraid to flash anything...

Comment

Hello Guest , how are you?It has been some time since my Mecool M8S Pro (Initial Model) has stopped working.Since then I am using a Meco M8S Plus W (1GB/8GB). I wonder if this firmware is compatible with the M8S Plus, or if it is possible to make an ATV (slim) ROM for the M8S Plus W.

Comment

Ola todos, estava lendo e vi o relat?rios de usu?rios com o dispositivo em hardbrick. Sempre dando erro aos 4% ou 7% na ferramsnta Amlogic USB Burn Tool.

Eu tenho um Mecool M8S Pro (S912) que apresenta os mesmos sintomas. Uma vez eu fui capaz de recuperar, no entanto outra vez fui ligar e n?o iniciou mais.

Tentei recuperar novamente mas sem sucesso. Qual firmware eu deveria utilizar para realizar o teste? O Firmware do M8S Pro L?

Ou isso s? iria mudar a luz de azul para vermelho?

Hello everyone, I was reading and saw the reports of users with the device in hardbrick. Always giving the 4% or 7% error in the Amlogic USB Burn Tool.

I have a Mecool M8S Pro (S912) that has the same symptoms. Once I was able to recover rar, however again I went to call and did not start any more.

I tried to recover again but without success. What firmware should I use to perform the test? The M8S Pro L Firmware?

Or would that only change the light from blue to red?

Comment

Is there any possobility to new rom? Based on official 2018.07 - i have box with this rom and i cannot install your android tv. Device is telling me, that your rom is older from official on device. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post

Works for me too..., but wifi is not working !??? - - after restarting - Wifi is working.... just like on stock ROM...
            Sleep function is working now.., great...
            No - Apk installer aplication...??

First I was able to flash (usb burning tool) "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img" and than I put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update...

After few minutes I have usable Android TV experience on my Mecool...

Thanks...

And I was curious - but there is a new OTA update (Optimize the user experience...)!?? Anybody tried...!??
            I'm trying the reverse process. M8S Plus W to M8S Pro W. My device is an M8S Plus W. So if it is possible to install M8S Plus W firmware on the M8S Pro W (ATV), on the contrary it should also work, correct?

In theory yes but in practice a compilation date error occurs and the update is aborted. Has anyone tried the reverse process or did you know the reason for this error? I accept any misgivings about the subject...

Although they are different devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181125_112521.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.3 KB ID:	752576

Comment

I wonder if for the simple fact that the system recognizes and attempts to upgrade from the M8S Plus W to the M8S Pro W it means that there is total hardware compatibility for the M8S Plus W being able to bypass the M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213 firmware and make my M8S Plus W ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by aznam View Post

Hello,
                I updated to this version: M8S_PRO_W-2g_ATV-ota-31-07-2018.zip
                which is on this page:

and the wifi is working properly.
                Hello man, I need this firmware, you can upload for me on megaupload?

Comment

Hi no need more, thanks for all

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181125_140326.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	752587Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181125_140240.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	752585Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181125_140427.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	752588Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181125_135932.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	752586

Comment

Now in M8S Plus W system/build.prop firmeare find the line:

"ro.buid.figerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20180523.122853.V0213:userdebug/"

Change date '20180523' to '20180223' and save the change.

repeat the same procedure above in /default.prop on last line:

Note: This is step 2 of the upgrade process via ota. Do not repeat this after upgrading.
                      Last edited by Novato; 11-25-2018, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
                        Now in M8S Plus W system/build.prop firmeare find the line:

"ro.buid.figerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20180523.122853.V0213:userdebug/"

Change date '20180523' to '20180223' and save the change.

repeat the same procedure above in /default.prop on last line:

Note: This is step 2 of the upgrade process via ota. Do not repeat this after upgrading.
                        Conseguiu colocar custom ROM nessa box?
                        Melhorou em qu? comparado a ROM original?

Enviado de meu MI 5 usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alefmm View Post

Did you get custom ROM in that box?
                          Improved on what compared to the original ROM?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
                          Yes, I even did a tutorial but the system has reported it as spam. I tried to make a topic reported as spam.

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            English please.
                            Software has protection not Moderator
                            Could be this new AI we get told about how good its going to be....NOT
                            Be happy

​​​Dude to see Netflix HD, I like Android TV, I get kinda heavy for a 1GB of RAM, still yes, better than the default launcher.

Comment

Hi trebor, thank you for responding and sorry for making haste to make affirmations. Could you take a look at the topic I did and check what is causing the post to be reported as spam?

Comment

• trebor
                              trebor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It just happens sometimes,
                              No real reason why,
                              Has happened to me also,
                              No one is safe

Originally posted by Novato View Post
                            ​​​Dude to see Netflix HD, I like Android TV, I get kinda heavy for a 1GB of RAM, still yes, better than the default launcher.
                            Mecool M8S Pro W 2.4G is 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM.
                            When I use this box, its freezing all the time. There was a bug on HDMI CEC and Wifi was terrible.

Because this, I asked if you find some difference on Custom ROM about it.

Enviado de meu MI 5 usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X