Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Stock version is: M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213

And YES - first step is only to UNBRICK your Box - this ROM is not for this TV Box - only for unbricking...

Next step is to flash some of Stock ROMs through Local update - and I give you the link for latest at the end of my post - 328.... - and do not forget to put recovery.img with this zip on SD card or USB stick - and make a Local update....

Comment

Originally posted by ViniKenji View Post

You needed do a short the two pins for find your device in the usb burning tool?
      Yes, I shorted the two pins and I had to chose another usb port on my mainboard.

Here you will find flashable images: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=272495

My Box is still bricked, i could only change the boot logo by flashing with usb burning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by chaveiro View Post
        Instaled latest stock android TV and wanted to root it, so installed twrp via update app with signed zip but cant mount /system and /data from twrp.

Tried a few other twrp versions and still the same error as with twrp from this rom v 20180311.

Recommend any twrp version i may try?

Thanks
        I have simmilar issue. Can`t mount SD card or USB in TWRP. There is only internal memory to chose. Any solutions?? I tried to wipe internal storage (data/cash) but did not help. TWRP can`t see SD card or USB-OTG it says 0mb

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown User View Post
          marcosjeovan marcosj Does this rom present keyboard problems ??? because I installed this post and I faced problems with the virtual keyboard .... Are you Brazilian?
          Ola sou sim Brasileiro.

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
            @marcosjeovan

Just download ROM in post 240: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view - and follow the procedure I described in post 253...

1.First flash "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img with usb burning tool after flashing start your Box., it will be strange but do not worry...

2. Than in PRO W - folder put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update... find this M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip file and flash

- or instead of this zip you can download this one and do the local update... - but important part is that zip file and recovery.img must be together on usb stick side by side or you will brick your Box again...

http://legion.name/upload/Smart-TV-B...2556.V0213.zip
            Muito obrigado mesmo, funcionou aqui.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfzz View Post
              Hi,
              I have the same problem: after trying to update the ROM in the post #1, all normal and after erasing just bluck screen and blue light.
              I already tried usb burning tool with many .img and the result is the same get error on 7%.
              Someone know how to solve that and put the android tv? Theres some posts about that but no solution.

My version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0969.JPG
Views:	706
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	748215

Thanks,
              Basta fazer o download da ROM na postagem 240: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view - e siga o procedimento que descrevi no post 253 ...

1.Primeiro flash "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622 .img com usb ferramenta de gravação depois de piscar iniciar o seu Box., vai ser estranho, mas não se preocupe ...

2. Do que no PRO W - pasta colocar esses 2 arquivos em pendrive (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip e recovery.img) e vá para a atualização local ... encontre este arquivo M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip e flash

- ou em vez deste zip você pode baixar este e fazer a atualização local ... - mas a parte importante é o arquivo zip e o recovery.img devem estar juntos no pendrive lado a lado ou você irá voltar à sua caixa ...

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown User View Post
                marcosjeovan marcosj Does this rom present keyboard problems ??? because I installed this post and I faced problems with the virtual keyboard .... Are you Brazilian?
                Amigo como vc instalou a Rom pq eu tentei pelo pendrive e da erro.

Comment

marcosjeovan

Just download ROM in post 240: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKu...p6S74nW5R/view - and follow the procedure I described in post 253...

1.First flash "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img with usb burning tool after flashing start your Box., it will be strange but do not worry...

2. Than in PRO W - folder put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update... find this M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip file and flash

- or instead of this zip you can download this one and do the local update... - but important part is that zip file and recovery.img must be together on usb stick side by side or you will brick your Box again...

I did the number 1 process and it worked. NOW NUMBER 2 DID NOT RIGHT. From error and does not update. Thank you

Comment

Works for me too..., but wifi is not working !??? - - after restarting - Wifi is working.... just like on stock ROM...
                    Sleep function is working now.., great...
                    No - Apk installer aplication...??

First I was able to flash (usb burning tool) "M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img" and than I put this 2 files on USB stick (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip and recovery.img) and go to Local update...

After few minutes I have usable Android TV experience on my Mecool...

Thanks...

And I was curious - but there is a new OTA update (Optimize the user experience...)!?? Anybody tried...!??
                    Amigo mais a sua box é a mecool m8s pro w?

Comment

Yes my Box is Mecool M8S Pro W - and I think that you did not do very important part - to put recovery.img and ota zip together side by side on USB stick - so you get error... or brick again...

Comment

Preciso de ajuda! Instalei essa atualização https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXga1UIkkgHBWgm4_7pw via OTA, a atualização ocorreu sem erros, porém a TV Box agora só fica com tela preta, como não tem botão de reset não sei o que fazer, alguém pode me ajudar? O meu modelo é o Mecool M8S Pro W 2G 16G

Comment

marcosjeovan me chama no whats por gentileza 41 98511-2231

Comment

@marcosjeovan

Thanks for this trick
                            But on the 2nd step, a friend got this error message :

Name:	20159433.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	749759

What can we do ?

Comment

This error is because he did not put "recovery.img" side by side with zip ota update....

As I said "important part is that zip file and recovery.img must be together on usb stick side by side or you will brick your Box again..." or get errors like that...

For Local update - check all wipes to have a clean update..., not a must but I always preffer clean update....

If you can boot your Box - just do the part 2., if you canoot - than all must be done again - step 1. to unbrick the Box and step 2. for Local update..., but be sure to do the bold part....

Comment

Hi, I am also trying to unbrick. Step 1 is successful but when it boots up, I get the UI for one second, after that this screen.
                                So I can't access the local update. Any ideas?

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	749826

Comment

Working...
                                X