No announcement yet.

Jesurun K8 rk3188: what roms, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the wires were functioning as bluetooth antenna - to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    I must say, without my soldering iron nearby, I'm hoping to flash this thing without removing/flipping the stick itself. It looks like such an action would require some restoration, and if it would come to this I would want to solder some real plugs onto it straight away.

Here is the firmware info:
    Kernel version:
    3.0.36+
    ant@adminroot-X9DRL-3F-iF #273
    Build:
    rk31sdk-eng 4.2.2. JDQ39 eng.ant.20130905.165200 test-keys
    Software
    RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.0_130514

For future version reference; I bought mine at dx.com as a jesurun k8

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      And so the plot thickens..

When I got into surgery however, I've noticed the wiring shows some differences in comparison with pictures posted above:

It seems they found ways to save some extra cash by eliminating a usb-plug. More interesting however, is that they left a micro-usb port unused. Furthermore, I could not identify a reset-button on stick circuit. Comparing it to your machines, I saw mine has a resetbutton accessible from the outside (located next to a power-button).

My wondering state can be expressed into two practical questions; 'which port is otg, and should be used to flash?' & 'Am I overlooking reset on the stick pcb, or is my version made more hackerfriendly by externalizing this option on pcb?'
      If you look at my picture, my device has three USB ports, so do you: no change here. The only improvement is to be able to access the reset button without opening the case.

The OTG usb port is the one that sits along the Ethernet and HDMI ports.

Comment

Will try out reset this evening!

I meant they cut a plug on the board and directly soldered the stick and pcb together. I've got three on the outside pcb, but with my newly found 'hidden' port + cable, I have four!

Comment

Will try out reset this evening!

I meant they cut a plug on the board and directly soldered the stick and pcb together. I've got three on the outside pcb, but with my newly found 'hidden' port + cable, I have four!
          That is right. In fact I suspect that they use this port only to power the pcb.

Comment

And so the plot thickens..

Received mine today! And in all honesty, the stockrom they put together isn't all bad, and quite useable (seems to be 1080p as well).
            That being said, wifi is pretty unstable. The signal strength is A-ok but two out of three times restarting the adapter no packages are truly transmitted. Ethernet is not superfast but gets things done.

When I got into surgery however, I've noticed the wiring shows some differences in comparison with pictures posted above:

It seems they found ways to save some extra cash by eliminating a usb-plug. More interesting however, is that they left a micro-usb port unused. Furthermore, I could not identify a reset-button on stick circuit. Comparing it to your machines, I saw mine has a resetbutton accessible from the outside (located next to a power-button).

My wondering state can be expressed into two practical questions; 'which port is otg, and should be used to flash?' & 'Am I overlooking reset on the stick pcb, or is my version made more hackerfriendly by externalizing this option on pcb?'

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! These sticks are quite intriguing .. Do the companies involved improvise on each individual specimen, or do the sticks propagate in storage, producing some interesting evolution?..
            I have the same one. I have had trouble flashing it but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. I think I'm having trouble getting it into bootloader. I tried Quick Boot and the 'hold reset btn -> plug in OTG' and it resets but I don't get any video output in both cases.

Comment

Originally posted by hippiepizzaman View Post
              I have the same one. I have had trouble flashing it but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. I think I'm having trouble getting it into bootloader. I tried Quick Boot and the 'hold reset btn -> plug in OTG' and it resets but I don't get any video output in both cases.
              I figured it out my problem. You have to install the windows rockchip driver AFTER putting it into bootloader and connecting the device. There is no video output in bootloader apparently.

Attempting picuntu install now.

Comment

Originally posted by hippiepizzaman View Post
                I figured it out my problem. You have to install the windows rockchip driver AFTER putting it into bootloader and connecting the device. There is no video output in bootloader apparently.

Attempting picuntu install now.
                I installed picuntu. I'm not good with Linux wifi, ethernet, and SD card are not working. I will try another rom tomorrow.

Comment

OMG my "Cozyswang" S400 is the same but as a Stick, see my Pictures ...

ROM with R-Box Startanimation can be found here - http://ugoos.tv/ (MK809III RK3188/AP6210) maybe it helps you guys. But on my Stick the Screen goes black every 2-3 sek.
                  ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

It took me a while, but I just flashed the new rom. Bad wifi reception is solved!

However, in this rom bluetooth is not working.. It's even disabled in the settings, but the rom is supposed to support it. Are you guys also experiencing this, or should I just try to flash again?

Comment

Working...
                    X