Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ EyeTV ROM - AndroidTV ARM64 - my first release TWRP only

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yurifnc View Post
    Hello, installed on my H96 pro wisdom version, the blue and red leds (on/off) doesn't work, they are off all time, and I can't power on after shutting down, just to wake up from sleep mode.
    And the navbar and notification bar doesn't appear, I'm using an air mouse, tried to do like normal android but nothing happens.
    Yes I have pretty much the same issues on my Wisdom box. The biggest problem for me is the shutdown. I'm not even sure about the UI stuff as I don't know how Android TV should look like.

The remote problem seems to be connected to the bootloader, uboot. I've found a version that should fix this but let's see if I can flash it and make it work.
    Last edited by Marius Cirsta; 02-01-2019, 10:26.

Comment

Love the rom but notice one little problem.. the volume in the apps like mxplayer go up and down and do not affect the volume ... and when using the volume, it jumps by big blocks ... anyone know how to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by thewebexpert View Post
        Love the rom but notice one little problem.. the volume in the apps like mxplayer go up and down and do not affect the volume ... and when using the volume, it jumps by big blocks ... anyone know how to fix that?
        Its an issue with ATV... all boxes do that. The fix is use a programable remote to learn your box, tv and avr codes, or have your avr remote handy for mute or adjustments to volume.

my fix is to edit the existing permissions xml file to remove leanback and force leanback, and remove any secondary leanback permissions xml file.

you will still have atv, but it is not forced and releases volume control function to be fully controlled by remote.

Comment

I have used many ATV roms, this is the only rom that my airmouse does not control the volume correctly.... both of supercellerons work fine, as does ATVX ....

Comment

Thats odd... all atv firmwares i have dealt with for S912 boxes do that on my boxes. Thus my tweak to make atv leanback less restrictive with remote and play store.

Comment

This ROM worked perfectly on my Wisdom Green PCB 3/32GB H96 Pro+. But I have found an issue with Youtube as some videos are played in a stretched mode on the screen (similar to the pillar box setting to watch 4:3 videos on 16:9 display). I cannot put my box in 2160p mode as well, as the screen gets garbled with white characters and it's impossible to use.

Comment

Originally posted by graveyard View Post
                This ROM worked perfectly on my Wisdom Green PCB 3/32GB H96 Pro+. But I have found an issue with Youtube as some videos are played in a stretched mode on the screen (similar to the pillar box setting to watch 4:3 videos on 16:9 display). I cannot put my box in 2160p mode as well, as the screen gets garbled with white characters and it's impossible to use.
                Sounds like display info from tv is not being read as 2160p compatible. I bet you have old spec HDMI cable or have a defective one. Try another cable and see if thst helps. Also some unplug the hdmi and reconnect once the box boots.

Comment

The same cable is used by an Apple TV 4k and works perfectly in 2160p. I don't think the cable is an issue here.
                  Unfortunately, my box is a Wisdom one and that limits a lot which ROMs can be used.
                  Already tested SuperCeleron and ATVxperience anf got only bricked box.
                  High hopes for this firmware. At least, the bitstream works perfectly with VLC player.

Comment

You can try messing with developer mode and set minimum width to 720 and display size in accessiblity to smallest to reset picture. You can try bumping 720 to a range up to 800, but check the accessibily screen size number after the adjustment has been done. You want around 240 to 242 as its calculated dpi to make most everything in proper perspective to the screen.

Comment

Good day,

I really like this Rom very much. My thanks to the developer, for sharing this to everyone. Have the development of this ROM discontinued?

Thanks,
                      NC

Comment

Best Rom for me

Comment

Hi @bullgates

I have the box as per the attached photos (zh01-s912-tv box-v2.0). I think it is referred to as Wisdom 2 (correct me if I'm wrong). I use the box mainly for playing network files over SMB shares. With the factory firmware Kodi stutters a little on files (even 1080p). I have tried SPCM and a few other Kodi forks, but don't get any joy. Most of the forks closes as soon as playback starts. With Coreelec on an SD card, playback is 100%. But then I can't use other apps.

I'm looking for a player for up to 4K with HD sound passthrough and was wondering if your ROM could be flashed onto the box. Did you fix any issues in the ROM that would give a fast experience and would play network files without stuttering? I know you don't use Kodi.

Could you also indicate how to flash? Would I copy the TWRP recovery onto an sd card with the zipped ROM and then OTA update the box? I did backup my box with TWRP already, just worried that I get a bricked box and won't be able to revive it.

If you know of other ROMs that would be better for this specific box, you can also point me in that direction. I understand that Superceleron's ROM won't work on this box?

Thank you.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hello
                            Is there any topic about developing an Android Desktop (Android x86) for this Hardware (H96Pro +)?

Comment

Originally posted by graveyard View Post
                              Did you get this sorted, I have the same issue?

Comment

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X