Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GekSOgen View Post
    Good day! Root access, tested on the p212 board,
    This SU zip seems to workk with Amlogic s905X2 but what is it with s905X ?

Comment

Originally posted by k32 View Post

I don't think your box is dead but you flashed an incorrect firmwre and you need to use usb burning tool to flash again this rom or another one.
      Thanks k32 .... used the usb burning tool and installed the rom.

However, I cannot install any apps because Google playstore hangs on "install pending"

I've gone to settings/apps and cleared the data....but it's still not working.... tried many times.

Is there other ways I can install an app ?...eg: I have Kodi.apk

Comment

I am not using Google store on my box. I download apps I need, from apkmirror and install them from usb stick or use aptoide and alternative for the Google Store.

Comment

Same here cant install apps from google store, tried deleteing play store cache and data reboot... on s905x X96 2/16 and 1/8 box.

Comment

I download apps I need, from apkmirror and install them from usb stick or use aptoide and alternative for the Google Store.
            As I said, I have the apk.... I have put them on USB stick.

But there is NO file manager on POISONATV to execute the apk for installing.

How do you install them from usb stick?

Comment

When I installed my rom, there was a file manager, I used it to browse to my apk on usb stick, then installed them... Just browse to /setting/apps and you will certainly find it !

Comment

When I installed my rom, there was a file manager, I used it to browse to my apk on usb stick, then installed them... Just browse to /setting/apps and you will certainly find it !
                I looked at the list 3 times but could not see a file manager.

I would appreciate if very much if you can look at your /settings/apps and tell me exact name of file manager

Then I can look for it...and if I haven't got it, what other options are there?

Comment

The name of the package installed with the rom on my A95X is "com.android.documentsui" it is named "Fichiers" in my french setting means "Files".

Comment

This SU zip seems to workk with Amlogic s905X2 but what is it with s905X ?

This firmware for s905x, and SU to which I gave the link was successfully installed on it. TV-Box - DEXP on the p212 SOC s905x board

Comment

The name of the package installed with the rom on my A95X is "com.android.documentsui" it is named "Fichiers" in my french setting means "Files".
                      Thanks for helping.

I do not have "com.android.documentsui"

That is why i'm having all these problems.

If Google Playstore is fixed, then I will have no problems...but at the moment, cannot do anything.

Comment

No worries if filemanager is missing....

Go to settings》more settings》Storage

you can then Browse Storage and install.

or push through adb or install through web Playstore

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

Go to settings》more settings》Storage

you can then Browse Storage and install.
                          Ok...found Storage....and my USB stick was listed

But when I clicked on it, does not open, cannot browse for files.

Thanks for helping.

However, after a lot of playing around, I have got an app called "Files" as k32 mentioned.

My USB stick is listed...and I can browse files

But when I click on APK file it does not install....it puts a green tick next to filename, can only copy or move or rename.

So I copied the APK to the /Files/Download folder to see what happens....and then it installed when I clicked on it.

This is a strange way of doing it...but it works...and all is good now.

Thanks to all for helping.

Comment

Originally posted by GekSOgen View Post

This firmware for s905x, and SU to which I gave the link was successfully installed on it. TV-Box - DEXP on the p212 SOC s905x board
                            Hello GekSOgen, thank you for the link and your reply ! I have successfully installed this SU with TWRP. It works great on my Nexbox S905x (2/16)
                            thanks

Comment

I have a home error and the voice does not work

Comment

Link down ?

Comment

Working...
                                X