No announcement yet.

Amlogic S922X Let's get things Interesting,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know where some fools are going to spend some of their refunds.

Comment

Why do you say "fools"? Explain yourself please!

Comment

This fool was raising his hand, and yelling me me me.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

The ODroid N2 is going to be one to watch and is already in the hands of a group of devs over at Coreelec.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
            Why do you say "fools"? Explain yourself please!
            They're called boxaholics. CLARKSS12 is the CEO.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

They're called boxaholics. CLARKSS12 is the CEO.
              Haha
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I am eagerly awaiting for this device to popup somewhere, so I can grab one. Been awhile since I purchased one of these boxes, and my fingers are itching to place an order.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  I am eagerly awaiting for this device to popup somewhere, so I can grab one. Been awhile since I purchased one of these boxes, and my fingers are itching to place an order.
                  I haven't bought a box in 3 weeks either.
                  I see a picture of a cool new box, I start shaking and have a dry mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

I haven't bought a box in 3 weeks either.
                    I see a picture of a cool new box, I start shaking and have a dry mouth.
                    3 weeks??????? Dang, you have the disease bad.............

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      The ODroid N2 is going to be one to watch and is already in the hands of a group of devs over at Coreelec.
                      That is interesting, but the cost is quite high compared to what I usually pay for my boxes............. It is almost $30 USD for shipping....... Also, I have grown used to the Android TV OS and I am not sure that Android version will be supported. If it does support the Android TV OS, then I would probably purchase it.

PS, you have been hiding...........

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You know you want to, why put it off

More to add:

Also Decked out with the Amlogic Video Engine (AVE) with dedicated Hardware decoders and encoder with the ARM MaliTM-G52-MP6 it handles all OpenGL ES 3.2 Vulkan 1.0 and OpenCL 2.0 graphic programs, while the 2.5D graphics processor handles additional scaling, alpha, rotation and color space conversion operations.

Together, the CPU and GPU handle all operating system, networking, user-interface and gaming related tasks.

The video output pipeline includes Dolby Visionoptional, Advanced HDR10, HDR10+, HLG and PRIME HDR processing, REC709/BT2020 processing, motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing, flexible programmable scalar, and many picture enhancement filters before passing the enhanced image to the video output ports.

Amlogic Video Engine (AVE-10) offloads the Cortex-A53 CPUs from all video CODEC processing.

It includes dedicated hardware video decoder and encoder. AVE-10 is capable of decoding 4Kx2K resolution video at 75fps with complete Trusted Video Path (TVP)
                      For secure applications and supports full formats including MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1/WMV, AVS, AVS+, AVS2 RealVideo, MJPEG streams, H.264, H265-10, VP9, also JPEG pictures with no size limitation. The independent encoder can encode in JPEG or H.265/H.264 up to 1080p at 60fps.

Amlogic S922X integrates all standard audio/video input/output interfaces including a HDMI2.1 transmitter with 3D, Dynamic HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2 support, stereo audio DAC, and a CVBS output.

Multi-video decoder up to 4k and 2k @60pfs and 1080p and 60pfs and multiple ?secured? video decoding sessions with simultaneous decode and encode. What is fully implemented and how it all works together again wait and see, all sounds pretty good to me. (and a bit to take in)

In layman?s term: Will support many Video Formats that hopefully will keep users happy, and with Android 9 it will make this experience easy to use and enjoy.
                      With a new Chip, and a Newish OS ?Android 9? sounds like a plan for things to go strange, and we have been there many time before, that been said it may need a little time to fully sort out it 100%, and not to mention Apps that need to perform all this fun for us to enjoy.

I doubt we will see L1 DRM for Netflix etc, it?s more to do with the way they (NETFLIX) do Business with Box Vendors, and there is more to the world than just Netflix, Nice to have for sure but they?re the ones not getting the subscriptions, as with Prime and many others.

A listing of the Video/Picture Decoding modes on the S922X
                      • VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                      • H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                      • AVS2-P2 Profile up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                      • H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@30fps
                      • H.264 MVC up to 1080P@60fps
                      • MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
                      • WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
                      • AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
                      • MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
                      • MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
                      • RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
                      • Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support
                      • MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
                      • Supports *.mkv, *.wmv, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file formats
                      All that does looks very promising good strong point seen.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

We are using the analogy Strongest TV box let?s see how we can justify such a statement.

The manufacturing process of the Amlogic S992x is down to 12 nanometers and in the TV box world that is moving ahead of the rest as currently 20 ~ 30 nanometers is the norm.

Majority of TV Boxes (Media Players) are running Core 1.5 or Lower, the Beelink GT1 -K (King) with 4 x A73 1.8G & 2 x A53 maximum frequency of 1.8GHZ.
                        The ability to operate at a higher Frequency than others with No Fan thermal cooling required.

GPU Core used in the Beelink GT1-K is based on Mali G52-MP6 while currently others are T860-MP4 and finally the ability to Play 4k Video up to 75fps while other are reaching 60fps.

As we can see by the comparison chart below in using the RK3399 as a sample, the new and exciting Beelink GT1-K (King) the performance or one could easily say the force is Strong with this one.

S922X RK3399 Comparison
                        Chip 12nm 28nm S922X: Higher frequency, low power, No Fan better cooling
                        Package 16.1mmx14.3mm 0.6pitch 21mmx21mm 0.6pitch S922X: Smaller package, smaller footprint, lower costs
                        CPU Core 4xA73 1.8G 2xA53 Max frequency 2?A72+4A53 Max frequency < 1.5G S922X Dmips = 4.8?4?1.8+2.3?2?1.8 = 42840 DMIPS
                        RK3399 Dmips = 4.7?2?1.5+2.3?4?1.5 = 27900 DMIPS
                        GPU Core Mali G52 MP6 Mail T860 MP4 S922X: 1.3 performance improvement over RK3399
                        Interface HDMI 2.1 USB 3.0 (5Gbps speed) PCIE 2lan MIPI display interface multi-channel UART/I2C/SPI data interface HDMI 2.0 USB3.0 MIPI multi-channel UART/I2C/SPI data interface
                        Video decoder 4K 75fps, supports multi-channel decoding 4K P60 S922X: Better overall decoding capability, and better split screen or multi-channel decoding
                        Video encoder 1080P 60fps H.265 encoding No H.265 encoding RK3399 does not support an efficient H.265 encoding
                        Comparison above the S922X does appear to have strong points in its favor.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          We are using the analogy Strongest TV box let?s see how we can justify such a statement.

The manufacturing process of the Amlogic S992x is down to 12 nanometers and in the TV box world that is moving ahead of the rest as currently 20 ~ 30 nanometers is the norm.

Majority of TV Boxes (Media Players) are running Core 1.5 or Lower, the Beelink GT1 -K (King) with 4 x A73 1.8G & 2 x A53 maximum frequency of 1.8GHZ.
                          The ability to operate at a higher Frequency than others with No Fan thermal cooling required.

GPU Core used in the Beelink GT1-K is based on Mali G52-MP6 while currently others are T860-MP4 and finally the ability to Play 4k Video up to 75fps while other are reaching 60fps.

As we can see by the comparison chart below in using the RK3399 as a sample, the new and exciting Beelink GT1-K (King) the performance or one could easily say the force is Strong with this one.

S922X RK3399 Comparison
                          Chip 12nm 28nm S922X: Higher frequency, low power, No Fan better cooling
                          Package 16.1mmx14.3mm 0.6pitch 21mmx21mm 0.6pitch S922X: Smaller package, smaller footprint, lower costs
                          CPU Core 4xA73 1.8G 2xA53 Max frequency 2?A72+4A53 Max frequency < 1.5G S922X Dmips = 4.8?4?1.8+2.3?2?1.8 = 42840 DMIPS
                          RK3399 Dmips = 4.7?2?1.5+2.3?4?1.5 = 27900 DMIPS
                          GPU Core Mali G52 MP6 Mail T860 MP4 S922X: 1.3 performance improvement over RK3399
                          Interface HDMI 2.1 USB 3.0 (5Gbps speed) PCIE 2lan MIPI display interface multi-channel UART/I2C/SPI data interface HDMI 2.0 USB3.0 MIPI multi-channel UART/I2C/SPI data interface
                          Video decoder 4K 75fps, supports multi-channel decoding 4K P60 S922X: Better overall decoding capability, and better split screen or multi-channel decoding
                          Video encoder 1080P 60fps H.265 encoding No H.265 encoding RK3399 does not support an efficient H.265 encoding
                          Comparison above the S922X does appear to have strong points in its favor.
                          Good information, Trebor................ thanks.

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All info is as supplied, found and further research may be needed,

Maybe MiBox will come out with an S922X chipped box. Hah!

Comment

Hopefully Beelink will include a gyro air mouse & voice remote control. I've always been underwhelmed with the bundled remotes in the past.

​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X