Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X2 CUBE Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 2//16GB eMMC Dual WIFI Gig LAN USB3.0 Samba Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware IMG v0.0.9 for X2 Cube - from forum 4pda

1. Fixed device reboot when playing iptv
    2. Reworked CEC settings
    3. CEC. Added tv volume control settings
    4. Added hibernation function (Device Preferences -> Screen saver -> Power key action)

https://mega.nz/#!X5cGxICC!4XErbeXMb...DVAtCWTVuzyLx4

Comment

Full OTA X2 0.0.9 - from forum 4pda

https://mega.nz/#!y8FDQCgZ!2h7Zn9By1...yDAQMLZMDwnA7o

Comment

Do notifications work on this box? Notification access so far has not been included on any android box that runs android pie. There is no notification access nor is the notification panel able to be pulled down. For some reason the ability to use notifications has been totally removed from android 9 roms on android boxes. You can go to settings and turn notifications on for each app, but without notification access that is useless. This is a problem with every android box running android pie that I know of. Even the Beelink GT King has the notification access problem and its been around for several months without the issue being fixed. People on the beelink forums are driving Beelink crazy with complaints about notification access.

Comment

Firmware IMG and full OTOA v0.1.0 for X2 Cube - from forum 4pda

1. Fixed some crashes when playing iptv
          2. Added shownig CEC status (Device Preferences -> Display -> HDMI CEC)
          3. Added volume regulator steps setting (Device Preferences -> Sound)
          4. Added WebView switcher (Device Preferences -> Developer options)
          5. Fixed default settings of CEC volume control
          6. Fixed crash when trying reboot

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Installation
            Attached Files

Comment

Recently received a sample X2 pro (4\32), I will study ....

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                Recently received a sample X2 pro (4\32), I will study ....
                Also bought this box, had a h96 max X2 previously & the X2 cube 4/32gb blows it away. So much power for something so tiny, had the x96 s905, h96 pro s912 & a beelink gt1 ultimate s912 and the cube beats them all. Everything loads very quickly (apart from Kodi which always seems pretty slow since 18.4) mainly used for YouTube/gaming & cyberflixTV with real debrid account. 

Can't fault it at all, all other boxes used to crash while playing games, my daughter's downloaded & played many games without any issues whatsoever. Only downside is I've not seen any guides to install magisk on this box & didn't want to mess about with it due to daughter being very happy with it

Comment

Good news. After updating the firmware to version 0.2.2, Armbian (with 5.3.0 kernel) began to work from external media. The first tests showed excellent performance and full support for all hardware on x2pro (4 \ 32). When removing the top cover and run the browser full screen playback of youtube videos at 720p, with temperatures of 52-53 degrees (system running from a USB 3.0 flash drive). After setting, works HDMI sound, WiFi and BT, wired network.?? 

Checked Libreelec.
                  The color issue in LE is resolved for image version 20191113. 

Incidentally, question to those who collects their firmware for x2, you can will share sources u-boot, which are used under assembling firmware ?
                  Last edited by balbes150; 11-13-2019, 13:10.

Comment

New version 2.05 OTA

X2 - https://mega.nz/#F!D8tTDY5Y!yqKDC_r4REEW3BGvGuJn4g

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

New 20191210 versions of Libreelec and Armbian images with the latest 5.4.1 kernel are available. 

These images added a color fix on startup on the updated bootloader (which now comes in the latest firmware >= 0.2.2). To start the system with the fix you need to use the SD card and add the file " u-boot.ext" (download or rename an existing image file)

Comment

BrookerA good to know! Thanks, you just sold me... knowing that you can leave it with family and not have tech support (dad) standing by always on emergency response? ~Priceless.
                        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Hey guys I don't yet have the device in hand so forgive me if this is obvious.

How do you go about booting from an SD card on these? Is there some sort of boot menu?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout View Post

How do you go about booting from an SD card on these? Is there some sort of boot menu?
                            Anyone care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout View Post
                              Do you intend to say ""How do you boot a Game Emulator(Lakka) or CoreELEC from SDcard?""

Download the Terminal-Emulator.apk and type: reboot update
                              -- do while running in Android and a SDcard with other OS inserted.

The app Reboot LibreELEC does the same thing if you use your device as Rooted Android..

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Do you intend to say ""How do you boot a Game Emulator(Lakka) or CoreELEC from SDcard?""

Download the Terminal-Emulator.apk and type: reboot update
                                -- do while running in Android and a SDcard with other OS inserted.

The app Reboot LibreELEC does the same thing if you use your device as Rooted Android..
                                Yes that's what I meant. Thank you I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X