next800t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol ..this efun company is a joke

i am seeking for better performane and in general there s some mistakes in the device i need to see if they fixed it in the newer ones
    Don't expect to see any updates from eFun / Nextbook. Even when they make one, they don't publish it online or push it OTA either. They just start shipping devices with the newer version. You'll have to ask around if anyone has a newer build date and ask them to dump it for us.

like the when i entering settings>apps it s freez for about a minute then i can modify my apps and some times freez in each app i see in there
    I've never noticed this on the Next8HD8G or Next8P12. Haven't heard about this from anyone else either.

also when i connect the device into usb storge it s some times turns into boot screen that with finger on it but vertical in landescape- i hope u understande this - then all the touch's inverted and i have to power off my device and on again to try my luck again
    I haven't experienced this either, but I don't connect my device via USB very often. Are you plugging it in while it is fully booted into Android, or are you plugging it in and then turning it on? Are you trying to access the internal SD card via USB storage or are you trying to access the tablet via ADB?

also as u know bafore in some 3d games the device freeze's and restart it self
    Intensive games crash on my Next8HD8G, but it doesn't usually reboot. The app just crashes. I think this happens on all of the models. I've also noticed my Next8HD8G gets really hot if I play certain games.

this all the problems i got and i try to fix ...i love this tablet but these things killing me

and thanx for u interest
    I think the only way you might see any improvements is if someone has the same model with a newer build date. If you find anyone who does, let me know.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Don't expect to see any updates from eFun / Nextbook. Even when they make one, they don't publish it online or push it OTA either. They just start shipping devices with the newer version. You'll have to ask around if anyone has a newer build date and ask them to dump it for us.

I've never noticed this on the Next8HD8G or Next8P12. Haven't heard about this from anyone else either.

I haven't experienced this either, but I don't connect my device via USB very often. Are you plugging it in while it is fully booted into Android, or are you plugging it in and then turning it on? Are you trying to access the internal SD card via USB storage or are you trying to access the tablet via ADB?

Intensive games crash on my Next8HD8G, but it doesn't usually reboot. The app just crashes. I think this happens on all of the models. I've also noticed my Next8HD8G gets really hot if I play certain games.

I think the only way you might see any improvements is if someone has the same model with a newer build date. If you find anyone who does, let me know.

ShaunMT

about usb storage
      it happens only when looking in internal memory

sd appers fast and fine with np but taking time for the internal then it s work or not

Comment

one observation and question does the tablet need the usb storage cpu sttings -in build prob - ??? cuz i romoved it and it seems good without it...i will countinue trying the device and will report if a lot better or worse but for now i think we dont need it

Comment

Originally posted by thebiggboss180 View Post
          one observation and question does the tablet need the usb storage cpu sttings -in build prob - ??? cuz i romoved it and it seems good without it...i will countinue trying the device and will report if a lot better or worse but for now i think we dont need it
          Not sure about that one... you'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

i think they putting it to save some power ... but it will make mounting and unmounting slower i guess ..and maybe the problem in touch while usb storage connected is related to it .

Comment

finally

hello

1- when i said there's a problems with this tablet with games even with 2d ones i tryed to figure out what thee problem is..and i found that when i turning the tablet on i can play and do any thing normal without problems and little laggs ..so i tryed to play with the build prob cpu sitting but with useless hope

2- i thought that maybe the lockscreen - keyguard- is the problem .but also useless

3-so i thinked about mybe it s the deep sleep the problem so i searshed about disabling deep sleep but found nothing

4- finlly i downloaded the no-frill cpu app --and saw that the tablet is in conservative governor --i changed it to performance and the max freq to 1500--i have only 2 chooeses 1500and 48 mh--and the i/o to noop

and boom--the device is like super thing living again--no problems at all .they using the 1200 limit for battry saving more than for a temp problemi played asphalt 8 for 30min with no single lagg -in meduim gpx- and the temp not that bad..

5-and last u can close my other useless thred next800t with games for the solved problem http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...00t-with-games

6- any progress about the next800t firmware ?

and thx
              Attached Files
              Last edited by thebiggboss180; 12-31-2013, 14:15.

Comment

hello

1- when i said there's a problems with this tablet with games even with 2d ones i tryed to figure out what thee problem is..and i found that when i turning the tablet on i can play and do any thing normal without problems and little laggs ..so i tryed to play with the build prob cpu sitting but with useless hope

2- i thought that maybe the lockscreen - keyguard- is the problem .but also useless

3-so i thinked about mybe it s the deep sleep the problem so i searshed about disabling deep sleep but found nothing

4- finlly i downloaded the no-frill cpu app --and saw that the tablet is in conservative governor --i changed it to performance and the max freq to 1500--i have only 2 chooeses 1500and 48 mh--and the i/o to noop

and boom--the device is like super thing living again--no problems at all .they using the 1200 limit for battry saving more than for a temp problemi played asphalt 8 for 30min with no single lagg -in meduim gpx- and the temp not that bad..

5-and last u can close my other useless thred next800t with games for the solved problem http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...00t-with-games

6- any progress about the next800t firmware ?

and thx
                Thanks for sharing about the CPU mod and game improvement!

A stock based firmware is the works, but I'm busy trying to finish CWM recoveries at present, followed by some unbrick kits. After those are done, I've get several firmwares to package, test and release.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

hello

i did something in my tablet i want to share

u can convert ur external sdcard to the android folder so that u can download anything big apps or games u want to the external and u can still access to the both cards and use them normal

all u have to do is change this (etc\vold.fstab) file in root explorer from this Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	433529 to this Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	433530 and move data and obb to the root of external card by pc

i think u it will work with all tablets ...make backup first just incase

Comment

hello

i did something in my tablet i want to share

u can convert ur external sdcard to the android folder so that u can download anything big apps or games u want to the external and u can still access to the both cards and use them normal

all u have to do is change this (etc\vold.fstab) file in root explorer from this [ATTACH=CONFIG]6220[/ATTACH] to this [ATTACH=CONFIG]6221[/ATTACH]

i think u it will work with all tablets ...make backup first just incase
                    I've wondered for quite awhile if we could change the mount points, but never got around to testing it. I was thinking we could either swap the internal and external or skip the internal and mount only the external.

This idea is even better, and yes, it should work on all devices.

Please make a new thread and I will sticky it for everyone.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                    X