Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c,lei
    replied
    Originally posted by Turkmenator View Post

This is your personal commercial risk.
    You bought a completely unknown, new product at a low price.
    Fresh boxes rarely work right away.
    Especially when people start screwing around with them

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    this update is terrible

i have two boxes, the first with original firmware works more and less. but dont have wifi 5G

now with this update my second box shows wifi 5g, but the speed is very slow.

but big problems now with this beta update: all streams Youtube, Iptv (tivimate), kodi cannot be played smoothly, very, very bad quality...something is wrong with this update, Tanix - please resolve

Or better then, superceleron - ALVATECH Sasvlad take the chance to make something great - because i think, the hardware of the box is not so bad....

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    The update that was already posted here is now posted on Tanix site

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Some people who have installed the update
    complain about temperature increase in idle
    Yes, me too. Also Youtube Streams don't work smooth and all the handling is not smooth. I hope original Firmware Update from Tanix comes soon.

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    Some people who have installed the update
    complain about temperature increase in idle

Leave a comment:

• belloto
    replied
    I also recieved a link, but it is broken.

I'll try with your link.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    ^ UPDATE ^ I recieved thie link today for a firmware update. https://wetransfer.com/downloads/eea...4c423e5fZFaF3d

The update did provide the driver for 5g and found my 5g network. Sadly the speed for it came in at 39 mbps whereas the x96 max recorded 230. I pay for 200. Baby steps ,but wondering if this now is a hardware issue instead of firmware.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied

Yep. Either way there will be an update. I know now thanks to your links that the 5g problem is known and they are working on it. They are in a viral predicament, what must be a nightmare for them.Hopefully all goes well for them

I do fell somewhat used, though as we are beta testing for them.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Hi,One guy from 4pda.ru talked on Skype with Tanix support about wifi 5.8GHz bug.They answer.
    In brief:
    Tanix 12:54
    Due to coronavirus, Tanix offices and the whole factory building remain closed following government indications.
    Some guys are now working remotely from home, but that's a very limited way to work for certain things.
    The H616 box wifi is Ap6330, the 5Ghz bug may be about country code in driver, could you tell us which country you are in and we will later release firmware update for TX6S
    we are not sure when new firmwares will be released as we can't work yet

tombraga you can write to Tanix support about your problem
    Shit WIfi Module in budget box, why do they continue to use these old shitty modules...

AP6330 Description :

The wireless module complies with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard and it can achieve up to a speed of 72.2Mbps with single stream in 802.11n draft, 54Mbps as specified in IEEE 802.11g, or 11Mbps for IEEE 802.11b to connect to the wireless LAN. The integrated module provides SDIO interface for WiFi,UART / PCM interface for Bluetooth FM.

Info from here:
    http://www.datasheetcafe.com/ap6330-datasheet-pdf/
    • Another wiki website confirms this module is only for 2.4GHz, 1T1R antenna, with max transmission speed of 150Mbps
    I am so disappointed in Tanix, which I usually recommend regularly,
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 02-18-2020, 05:44. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    Originally posted by sparky57 View Post

Here's hoping they get on it soon. Take a pill and do the update. I had the ok to return the 8 I have, but they stick me with paying for shipping. It's half what I payed. so they win and I'll keep them and wait for an update. My supplier lost a customer, and so did Tanix.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    Hi,One guy from 4pda.ru talked on Skype with Tanix support about wifi 5.8GHz bug.They answer.
    In brief:
    Due to coronavirus, Tanix offices and the whole factory building remain closed following government indications.
    Some guys are now working remotely from home, but that's a very limited way to work for certain things.
    The H616 box wifi is Ap6330, the 5Ghz bug may be about country code in driver, could you tell us which country you are in and we will later release firmware update for TX6S

Here's hoping they get on it soon. Take a pill and do the update. I had the ok to return the 8 I have, but they stick me with paying for shipping. It's half what I payed. so they win and I'll keep them and wait for an update. My supplier lost a customer, and so did Tanix.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Thanks Turkmenator for your Informations.

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    In brief:

Last edited by Turkmenator; 02-13-2020, 13:10.

Leave a comment:

• belloto
    replied
    ooohhh, great news.

Leave a comment:

• sparky57
    replied
    Alibaba accepted my return to my seller, sending 8 of these back tomorrow. I think Tanix and I will part ways, they are terrible at support. Impossible to contact is never a good business model. Beelink it is, and x96 max.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X