Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c,lei
    replied
    Originally posted by bilaliz View Post
    So I got this box branded differently by a company named tictid* but all the specs and the looks are exactly the same. and I agree the UI is horrific. What does it take for anyone to make something like ATVxperience for boxes like this? I can help with product management part of the effort if any devs are into it.

*I dont know if links are allowed here or not but you can look up the box on amazon canada as "TICTID Android 10.0 TV Box"
    `
    Because no one who knows what they are doing really wants to deal with cripped, designed for and aimed at 2-year old toddlers utterly useless interfaces like ATVxperience or Android TV itself other than people like you.

It's also why GUI's like Windows 10 and Gnome 3 are so widely despised.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So I got this box branded differently by a company named tictid* but all the specs and the looks are exactly the same. and I agree the UI is horrific. What does it take for anyone to make something like ATVxperience for boxes like this? I can help with product management part of the effort if any devs are into it.

*I dont know if links are allowed here or not but you can look up the box on amazon canada as "TICTID Android 10.0 TV Box"
    `

Leave a comment:

• c,lei
    replied
    Originally posted by onlyonce View Post
    i just buyed it , fell it more like A Unqualified products
    64Bit SOC ?BUT 32Bit SYSTEM ;
    Slow system response?
    Original Kodi work on 1280*720 only?can not update?must unstall it and download new one?
    some software bug
    .........Very bad feeling

i spended all weekend to find out how to update FW.
    UPDATE FW very complex

it need :1,A to A USB Cable
    2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
    3,WIN PC

step1?open Developer model ?6Xclick Settings > About Phone > Build Number?
    step2?into Developer menu ?near USB debugging option ?find " OPEN USB OTG or OPEN USB CONNECT or Similar option“ SET IS ALLOW?
    step3, CONNECT T6XS WITH A to A USB Cable?MUST USB Port0?RJ45 Side??PC will found new HW?USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)?install driver ?\phoenixsuit\Drivers\AW_Driver?
    step4? If the connection is successful ?PhoenixSuit will appear informing you device.
    setp5?then chioce FW20200220,and update!

the new FW only fixed: Kodi work on 1280*720 only
    The software system is still shit
    2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
    3,WIN PC

This is complex?

What's complex about buying a A to A USB Cable?

Name a PC or Laptop that actually uses usb mirco or mini ports for anything PC related.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Finally have time to test out this device again, so now am downloading the Bqueel ROM to see how it does.

But firstly wanted to test out the 2020-02-15 Tanix ROM myself, and oh boy does it get HOT! was 80*C at idle and easily hitting 90*C at mild load conditions.
    Just to see if Antutu would work, and it did, I ran a test with version 8.1.9 - Score 36573
    Compared to MiBox S which I just updated to the official Android 9 release and the scored 47K - but I was also using the Antutu GO version 8.0.8 - either way the H616 has a lot of debug issues to fix before this device is anything close to be stable.

Leave a comment:

• onlyonce
    replied
    i just buyed it , fell it more like A Unqualified products
    64Bit SOC ?BUT 32Bit SYSTEM ;
    Slow system response?
    Original Kodi work on 1280*720 only?can not update?must unstall it and download new one?
    some software bug
    .........Very bad feeling

i spended all weekend to find out how to update FW.
    UPDATE FW very complex

2,PhoenixSuit V1.1
    3,WIN PC

step1?open Developer model ?6Xclick Settings > About Phone > Build Number?
    step2?into Developer menu ?near USB debugging option ?find " OPEN USB OTG or OPEN USB CONNECT or Similar option“ SET IS ALLOW?
    step3, CONNECT T6XS WITH A to A USB Cable?MUST USB Port0?RJ45 Side??PC will found new HW?USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)?install driver ?\phoenixsuit\Drivers\AW_Driver?
    step4? If the connection is successful ?PhoenixSuit will appear informing you device.
    setp5?then chioce FW20200220,and update!

the new FW only fixed: Kodi work on 1280*720 only
    The software system is still shit

Leave a comment:

• belloto
    replied
    Then..., anybody has tested the firmware? Jjjj

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Can you upload a GDrive link or Mega link to the correct B1max 2020-02-25 firmware image, thanks! I will try it out tonight.

Sidenote, I believe the T95 Allwinner H616 Android 10 TV Box is the same board that is our Tanix and both are made my same OEM. I still haven't found a ROM for that device.
    Review Link : https://tvboxstop.com/2020-tv-boxes/...tv-box-review/
    Try https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VE?usp=sharing

p.s. Brave user solo_ilim from 4pda correspond:
    "The temperature dropped by 15, the logo when loading bqeel, but inside the same thing. Flashing over, there was a error. I made a reset, I will try to fill in the Tanix, and then again this crap. Unpleasant flicker on boot! 8k rollers without brakes. I will continue to test.."
    Last edited by Turkmenator; 03-11-2020, 14:19.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by Turkmenator View Post
    ZIP File conntains 2 firmwares-for y8 max and b1 max
    B1 MAX named ??-4G-TX6S-B1MAX-20200225.img (1 755 967 488 bytes)

our fw is TX6S-4G-20200220.img(1 708 097 536 bytes)
    we need a hero!
    Can you upload a GDrive link or Mega link to the correct B1max 2020-02-25 firmware image, thanks! I will try it out tonight.

Sidenote, I believe the T95 Allwinner H616 Android 10 TV Box is the same board that is our Tanix and both are made my same OEM. I still haven't found a ROM for that device.
    Review Link : https://tvboxstop.com/2020-tv-boxes/...tv-box-review/

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    OK,Lets wait for Tanix fixes..

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    i tried this firmware, but package verify failed

last link of the post
    Last edited by tombraga; 03-11-2020, 09:03.

Leave a comment:

• Turkmenator
    replied
    ZIP File conntains 2 firmwares-for y8 max and b1 max
    B1 MAX named ??-4G-TX6S-B1MAX-20200225.img (1 755 967 488 bytes)

our fw is TX6S-4G-20200220.img(1 708 097 536 bytes)
    we need a hero!

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    belloto you tried the bqeel rom already? i am afraid to do it, i think RiCkLaR_atvX is right, the size of the rom is quite strange for me too...compared with the original Tanix img size...???

i am really angry with Tanix, don´t understand why they don´t give a actual rom for the second series numbers....

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by belloto View Post
    Hello again.

What about this???

Nueva actualización de firmware basado en Android 10.0 válido para el Box Bqeel B1 Max con el SoC Allwinner H616 que integra procesadores ARM Cortex-A53 y una GPU ARM Mali-G31 MP2. De este Smart Box hay versiones con 2/4GB de RAM DDR3 y 8/32/64 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc. A nivel de conectividad inalámbrica tenemos WiFi aC y Bluetooth

Is it same hardware?
    it should be same new Tanix firmware, bqeel sometimes likes to add license keys to their firmwares that won't install firmwares on other devices, the sad thing is they don't actually improve the firmware they just block you from having their Boot Logo and Animation by adding the License Keys.

Note: be CAUTIOUS, the size of that Firmware for Download shows 4.4GB, that is way to large! the firmware should be 2gb or less, maybe this download is loaded with Malware.....download at your own risk!!!

Leave a comment:

• belloto
    replied
    Hello again.

What about this???

Nueva actualización de firmware basado en Android 10.0 válido para el Box Bqeel B1 Max con el SoC Allwinner H616 que integra procesadores ARM Cortex-A53 y una GPU ARM Mali-G31 MP2. De este Smart Box hay versiones con 2/4GB de RAM DDR3 y 8/32/64 GB de memoria de almacenamiento eMMc. A nivel de conectividad inalámbrica tenemos WiFi aC y Bluetooth

Is it same hardware?

Leave a comment:

• bandario
    replied
    Just a heads up for this group, after several days scratching our heads we have finally tracked down what was tripping the safety switch in our electricity box and causing computers in the house to power down.

Power supply or box I do not care, my Tanix TX6S is now in the rubbish bin and I will not be buying from this company again.

No adapter was used, came with an AU plug. Tanix spent as much time on QC for electrical safety as they did on the terrible rom.

Chances are I simply received a defective unit or power supply but I would urge you all to use caution with leaving this box plugged in at night or whilst you are away from home.

The only reason I suspected the TX6S was because it was spontaneously powering our television on randomly via the HDMI CEC which I assume was during the box power cycling itself due to the fault.

Since I unplugged it we have gone from 5+ weird power events per day to 0; I should have realised sooner that it coincided with me plugging this device back in but I had no reason to suspect it at the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X