Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] [S905X] Android TV Custom Rom 7.1.2 Universal (Most S905X based devices) (MXQ Pro 4K) 1/8GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a version with Nexbox_Remote.zip pre installed, let me know if it works

Comment

Thanx for the answer.
      I use a RF remote with an USB plug, works fine but I cant switch the device OFF (and I guess ON too...) and that's a major issue for me!
      So I figured out that replacing the remote.conf with the nexbox one would solve my pb but not sure...
      First Iwanted to replace the rmote conf directely with ES Explore (I saw sm1 saying he did this way) but since it's not root, impossible to access sys... so I figured out to install the remote.zip with TWRP but I can't acess TWRP (I saw on the XDA forum you said it was possible to access TWRP with toothpich though...)
      Anyway it would be very nice if you could provide a specific build with the nexbox remote in it :-))
      Do you think this could solve the ON/OFF prob?

Comment

THANK YOU MAN!!!! You're soo fast!
        I test it right away and tell you...

Comment

Originally posted by klo33 View Post
          THANK YOU MAN!!!! You're soo fast!
          I test it right away and tell you...
          im actually not sure, as far as i was aware the only way to power these boxes on & off is with the original IR remote, i was under the impression that USB remotes cant power these boxes on & off at all

Comment

F**k, I' now unable to connect my box to the PC to flash the rom...:-/
            I tried several usb male to male cables and... it's not even detected! I guess that's why I couldn't access TWRP either...
            I have to figure it out!
            About the remote since now both remotes could turn it on and off... since I installed ATVXperiance and now your rom (wich is based on it I guess)... but if I could turn it on and off again even with the origin IR remote that would be enough to make me happy!!!
            Thanx again

Comment

I finally managed to flash your modded rom, arf!!!
              And, works like a charm! I can now turn it on and off with my USB remote!
              Youhou!
              Thanx again and again!!!
              Now my only concern will be the awfull Netflix mouse control.... I dont care about 4K but the ATV app would be much easier to control...

Comment

That is brilliant news did you have to short the nand to get it seen by flash tool?
                unfortunately the tv version of netflix require Leve1 Widevine DRM, the mobile version only needs Level 3 Widevine drm, there is no way to add this to roms, it has to be certified by google to get a L1 certification, so with any rom netflix tv wont work

Comment

No I didint have to short the nand, tried another cable on another PC and it happened to work after a few failures... dont know why...
                  Netflix through Kodi add-on seems to be a solution for my other problem but that"s another story

Anyway, thanks+++ again for the support

Comment

No I didint have to short the nand, tried another cable on another PC and it happened to work after a few failures... dont know why...
                    Netflix through Kodi add-on seems to be a solution for my other problem but that"s another story

Anyway, thanks+++ again for the support
                    No worries enjoy

Comment

Finally, not working so well !
                      When I turn off the device and on immedialtely after it will work both with original remote and usb one but after a while it's off, I'm unable to turn it on again with both remotes...
                      So strange! I guess I'm going to give up :-/

Comment

Finally, not working so well !
                        When I turn off the device and on immedialtely after it will work both with original remote and usb one but after a while it's off, I'm unable to turn it on again with both remotes...
                        So strange! I guess I'm going to give up :-/
                        Yhea I had that issue and had to replace uboot, bootloader and ddr.usb files to fix it for me and I incorporated thos fixes in this rom, you would need to try some of the other 7.1 roms and I could extract and copy over

Comment

Thank you but I can't find another 7.1 rom that fits for A95X with remote working...
                          Edit : maybe Minixfreaks OS...?
                          Last edited by klo33; 06-24-2020, 16:07.

Comment

Thank you but I can't find another 7.1 rom that fits for A95X with remote working...
                            Edit : maybe Minixfreaks OS...?
                            Yhea minixfreak is worth a try, it is largely trial an error sometimes with these boxes, minixfreak might be worth a try I dont have the power on/off bug (anymore) I dont know if I can extract from an older or newer android version but I can try if you upload your FW that works but personally I just leave my box on all the time anyway never put it in standby or off

Comment

Ok, the Minixfreak rom found here : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...may25-2019-new works fine after changing rhe remote.conf in system!
                              Note, that was easy to change file directly from ESFileExplorer because there's an option in the settings to root on and off and so with root on, ESFileExplorer can access the system directory and can paste the right file directly, that's cool!

BTW I need to turn off the device (at least sleep) because the box is in my bedroom and when it's on it lights the whole room in the dark... not convenient to sleep :-/

So you think you can manage to make A95X specific version of your rom based on this one?
                              That would be so kind!
                              Thx again

Comment

Yhea think that is manageable will post a link for you to try when it's ready to test

Comment

Working...
                                X