Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BETA testers for ROM for 1.5 Nextbook #1011

Best testers:

We have finished but while I can flash this and make sure it is not a BRICK ROM, we cannot test the features. Please read the README FIRST.txt file in the ROM kit for features and how to use the ROM and APP Injector.

Please test and report the following:

1) Overall ROM Performance and Stability
    2) Petrus' App Injector. Did it work and find the package.zip? Did it inject apps properly? Did they work?
    3) REMOVED FOR BETA test rev a. - Miklaus' updated settings.apk. Please try to test all the menus in settings. Let us know what should be removed or things that cause a force close that should work. Your feedback here gives you a better settings menu!
    4) The WPA supplicant. Does it work like before and give you adhoc?
    5) Please try not to report busg that are in the stock ROM. There is not much we can do about them at this time.

NOTE: This is built from the stock #1011 ROM.

UPDATE April 19 2012. BETA test version REV a was a bust. Rev b had some appp issues because I used the NB 1211 APKs. NEW test version is c. File download name has been updated.

Here is the download link:

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium #1011 Finless 1.5 ROM - BETA TEST Rev d (178 megs)

Thanks for testing!
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

REQ: Old Status Bar

Originally posted by ReadMe
    6) This has my clear status bar at the top! However if you want the old status bar back contact me on FeakTab and I will give you the files and tell you how to put it back.
    Consider this a request before I even install this. This is my wife's tab and she's vision impaired -- I'll see how she likes the clear bar if you think it's not that bad, but I'd rather play it safe. Thanks for ALL the work you and your team have done - you guys are making this one of the smartest purchases I could have made!

Comment

NextBook 7P, s/n YF1011. First boot and after specified reboot, while power and USB cables are still connected:

1. Started up with "Turn on USB Storage" screen. Hit Home key, then settings icon and was greeted with this message: "Sorry! The application Launcher (process.com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]" Dunno if that's one of those known "stock ROM bugs," but my wife certainly wouldn't like to see it.

2. So, thinking that maybe even the settings app was part of the injector package (though I dunno why it would be), I tried installing that. Result: "Install blocked. For security, your Nextbook is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market. [Settings] [Cancel]" Clicking on settings button gets me: "Sorry! The application Package installer (process.com.android.packageinstaller) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]"

In other words I'm stuck - can't install anything due to the settings, and can't get to the settings to install anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AintNobody View Post
        NextBook 7P, s/n YF1011. First boot and after specified reboot, while power and USB cables are still connected:

1. Started up with "Turn on USB Storage" screen. Hit Home key, then settings icon and was greeted with this message: "Sorry! The application Launcher (process.com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]" Dunno if that's one of those known "stock ROM bugs," but my wife certainly wouldn't like to see it.

2. So, thinking that maybe even the settings app was part of the injector package (though I dunno why it would be), I tried installing that. Result: "Install blocked. For security, your Nextbook is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market. [Settings] [Cancel]" Clicking on settings button gets me: "Sorry! The application Package installer (process.com.android.packageinstaller) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]"

In other words I'm stuck - can't install anything due to the settings, and can't get to the settings to install anything.
        When you installed apps with the injector did you reboot, this is a must

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
          When you installed apps with the injector did you reboot, this is a must

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
          I couldn't even install the injector itself!

Sequence of events:
          1. The tab rebooted after flashing and left me on "Turn on USB Storage" screen.
          2. Tried to get into settings to turn sounds off, but didn't work (see message #1 described in previous post).
          3. Rebooted. Cable still plugged in so got "USB Storage" screen again. Tried to get into settings again with the same result.
          4. Copied AppInjector.apk and package.zip directly to tab via USB Storage mode. Went into "Explorer" and tried to select "SD Card" thinking it would be the internal "SD Card," but it didn't work. Selected "Internal Memory" and attempted to install "AppInjector.apk" with the results described in #2 of previous post.
          5. Copied same files to a real SD Card on my laptop and placed the card into the Nextbook. Upon attempting to install AppInjector.apk I still received the same results as above.

Comment

Just an FYI: For the sake of thoroughness I used the batch tool to return to stock and at first glance all seemed to work fine. So I tried installing Finless Bob's v1.5beta again with the exact same results. Therefore I doubt it's just a bad flash job by me.

Comment

Interesting. We had this exact same problem with the 1211 when using the clear status bar. I took it out. It also should be out for the 1011 ROM.

Are you seeing a clear status bar on the tablet?

Bob

Comment

OK so it is obvious I cannot use the settings.apk from the nextbook 1211 ROM.

So here is BETA TEST rev a. No clear status bar and 1011 settings.apk. If Miklaus has time he may look into updating the 1011 settings to work.

ROM -> Nextbook 7 Premium #1011 Finless 1.5a ROM - BETA TEST (178 megs)

FYI download link in first post also change to rev a.

You know you have the latest as the file name is now : nextbook7p_1011_finless_v1_5a_beta.zip

Bob

Comment

Sorry to bow out on you, but the wife wanted her tablet back (and I unfortunately don't have the time you guys appear to for this - I wasted a LOT of time on this problem, which I'm still dealing with the remnants of). I flashed Doc Hoppy's FullOnRoot and despite the much longer boot time (and incredibly annoying boot animation), it works well enough to keep her happy. Hopefully others can pick up the slack here for you. Thanks for all the hard work, nonetheless -- I am truly sorry to abandon you in this effort.

Comment

Finless, when I unzip your nextbook7p_1011_finless_v1_5a_beta.zip download I get an error:

Error: invalid compressed data to inflate.

I've downloaded the file twice and get this error both times when I try to unzip it. Could you check this file and possibly upload it again?

PS. The error is coming up when it is extracting system.img

Comment

OK dang it. It must of failed on upload and I did not catch it.

I am leaving the office soon and will upload it again the minute I get home.

Sorry about that.

Bob

Comment

OK the file is reuploaded.

Please try again.

Bob

Comment

Ok I flashed my YF1211 NB7 with the nextbook7p_1011_finless_v1_5a_beta.zip ROM, my tablet boots into the initial custom splash page and freezes. It never makes it into the loading page (ie, the android's eyes never start flashing. Even after doing a reboot afterwards, same thing, freezes at the initial splash page.

I re-flashed back to the nextbook7p_v1_5b_1211_finless ROM and I was able to boot and load into the OS ok, but without sound. So it looks like my tablet does not like something in your latest 1.5 1011 beta.

I flashed back to your 1.4 1011 ROM, and now it's back in working order.

Comment

OK let me have a look. I can flash this rom on my Arnova and make sure it is not a brick so I will test it again and see what I get. Possible I missed something.

Bob

Comment

Confirmed.... DAMN stupid mistake.

I will be uploading BETA version b soon.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X