No announcement yet.

[Collective Thread] CS968, CloudnetGo CR11s, TV01, UGOOS UG410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like CS968 and CloudnetGO CR11S are different at least in WiFi.
    On CS968 I have flushed kernels from 20131020 and 20131105 CloudnetGO firmware updates downloaded from myhdplayer.de over stock firmware.
    Bluetooth, wired ethernet, etc. - work
    WiFi - don't work.

Still trying to find 1080p kernel for CS968.

Comment

Originally posted by gin View Post
      It looks like CS968 and CloudnetGO CR11S are different at least in WiFi.On CS968 I have flushed kernels from 20131020 and 20131105 CloudnetGO firmware updates downloaded from myhdplayer.de over stock firmware. Bluetooth, wired ethernet, etc. - workWiFi - don't work. Still trying to find 1080p kernel for CS968.
      They have the same wifi chip. They both have AP6210. I flashed the same roms you flashed on my CS968 and wifi works perfect. 1080p rom is a little choppy so I'm going back to 720p

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
        They have the same wifi chip. They both have AP6210. I flashed the same roms you flashed on my CS968 and wifi works perfect. 1080p rom is a little choppy so I'm going back to 720p
        Hi convict,

yes I experienced the same: the 1080p is a bit choppy when using xbmc, but with the native video player I could play 1080p videos smooth and nicely...

I would like to try ubuntu...does anybody know a working rom?

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you. I reflashed complete ROM to CS968 and WiFi is working now as well as 1080p.

This firmware has 1280 dip = 1920 pixel mapping. So fonts and icons are big as with 720p but you get 1080p when needed.

P.S.
          Camera do not work as expected - the rom was CR11S_cloudnetgo_ap6210_Cam5640_1080p_201301107upd ate.rar from CloudnetGo site.
          And unlike stock fw this one is not rooted.

P.P.S.
          The same WiFi chip is not enough for WiFi to work. You need also same GPIO to power it up. Fortunately it works.
          Last edited by gin; 11-14-2013, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by mitglied View Post
            Hi convict,

yes I experienced the same: the 1080p is a bit choppy when using xbmc, but with the native video player I could play 1080p videos smooth and nicely...

Cheers!
            I meant that the ui lags a lot with this 1080p romas well as hd YouTube videos

Comment

Originally posted by mitglied View Post
              Cheers!
              May be Picuntu 4.3.3 for easy recovery+SD installation and Picuntu 4.5 for NAND. Both without graphics/video acceleration. WiFi may work if we are lucky.

Comment

There is a new firmware for CS968 can anyone download it and post the link here? I can't register on csq forum http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Y2FvunPMnLWj9A

The firmware is from 2/11/2013
                Hello, I was able to register on this site and downloaded the firmware from 2/11/2013. I ask you to check this firmware and leave a response. Thank you. Link to download the firmware: http://yadi.sk/d/7-_o2JCqCmqQ3
                Last edited by andrej-rus-66; 11-16-2013, 12:39.

Comment

Okay, now I have ordered one from geekbuying. Lets see what I get.

In a week or so, I will be in the game.

JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by andrej-rus-66 View Post
                    Hello, I was able to register on this site and downloaded the firmware from 2/11/2013. I ask you to check this firmware and leave a response. Thank you. Link to download the firmware: http://yadi.sk/d/7-_o2JCqCmqQ3
                    Thank you very much. I' ll try It and post a feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by andrej-rus-66 View Post
                      Hi,
                      Did you try the New firmware? Is it rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by madnbg View Post
                        Hi,
                        Did you try the New firmware? Is it rooted?
                        I haven't tried it yet but i believe it's already rooted like the previous stock roms for CS968

Comment

2mp cam

can anyone tell me or test what the quality of the cam is like -- really want this unit and skype is mega important to me - or should i go for the 5mp unit .I've seen a UT vid from convict but that looked yellow ( probably just lighting ). I've seen the Ugoos range and they have a 5mp AF unit but this units seem a better buy .

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                            can anyone tell me or test what the quality of the cam is like -- really want this unit and skype is mega important to me - or should i go for the 5mp unit .I've seen a UT vid from convict but that looked yellow ( probably just lighting ). I've seen the Ugoos range and they have a 5mp AF unit but this units seem a better buy .

Many thanks
                            Hello, the camera doesn't have good quality. I don't know if the 5 mpx model has a better quality camera, but I think that you can connect a usb webcam to work with skype.

Comment

thanks for the prompt reply -- will research which cam/mic to get for this unit

Comment

Thank you very much. I' ll try It and post a feedback here
                                Hi, downloaded the firmware? We are waiting for review is also interested in the Russian language firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X