This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Molle View Post
    Apparently Koying has resigned as the maintainer for Kodi for Android.

Hopefully SPMC will remain as an actively developed fork.
    Ouch, yes i hope he continues is work ok SPMC!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Ouch, yes i hope he continues is work ok SPMC!
      Yes, I guess we're safe for now because he ends his post by saying "SPMC will relive, apparently...".
      So SPMC "Jarvis" will most probably be a reality
      Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
      Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
      Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
      XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

BOOM .....I hadn't read that but read it into it from some posts that is the way it was. Rockchip better step up the mediacodec compatibility or they will be left in the dust. My r89 still just sits there and i will play with occasionally when a rom looks ok....Amlogic seems like it is definitely the way to go. I hope the do good with s905. My MK808B plus is fantastic with official Kodi now.

Getting a shield for xmas from the parents...So exited.
        It's a shame that your r89 "just sits there"! It's really a great device (with the right combination of ROM, Kodi, etc.).

If you don't mind kitkat, have you tried mo123's v1.7 ROM? It features:
        "Stutter-free playback in SPMC
        Latest apps
        10-bit color support for 4K videos
        23.976 framerate videos play better
        updated ffmpeg
        4096 resolution videos play correctly
        Some ui display optimization
        Solve the problem with can't play certain video games
        Increase CPU speed"

Antutu scores should be close to 40K!

I know that it's for the Nagrace, but believe me mo's ROMs are the best ones available for the R89, too!

I haven't tried his newest Lollipop ROMs because they may be less stable than the kitkat. Still, you can see from the posts on his lollipop threads, he is making great progess.

I hope this helps you get some more use out of that R89!
        Cheers!
        -SB
        ---------------------------------------
        Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
        Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
        Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
        RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
        ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Going to try Wasser soon with multiwindow...will try Mo123's as well.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I haven't tried Wasser's latest ROM, and I do like some features of his past ROMs(i also have a great deal of personal respect for Wasser), but every time I've flashed one for testing I've gone back to mo123's ROMs!

Maybe it's my personal preference, but it always seems to me that mo always seems to have the best combination of performance and stability, hands down!

Cheers!
            -SB
            ---------------------------------------
            Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
            Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
            Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
            RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
            ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
              I haven't tried Wasser's latest ROM, and I do like some features of his past ROMs(i also have a great deal of personal respect for Wasser), but every time I've flashed one for testing I've gone back to mo123's ROMs!

Maybe it's my personal preference, but it always seems to me that mo always seems to have the best combination of performance and stability, hands down!

Cheers!
              -SB
              What Android hardware are you using and what's the link to the mo123 rom that you like? Are you using SPDIF or HDMI audio?

Thanks!
              -Aaron
              Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post

Cheers!
                -SB
                I didn't know that exist a Rom from Mo123 specifically aimed for the Beelink R-89 (2 G / 16 G - ap6335); please share with us what is the link to download and try it.

Talking about balance between performance & stability I had found Hisound Ugoos - stage 3 (kitkat) for the R89 with the Resource Image from Gormar (cpu clock up to 1.92 Ghz) as the most solid attempt to get the most decent performance and better stability for this device.

Lollipop from wasser had bring a shinny and spectacular bright / colour depth to the picture on R89 but with lost of stability and strange hardware performance or better call it hardware problems like ethernet & Wifi Problems (dissapearing or lossing the connection) during the time.

For me SPMC 14.2 is still working fine but I like more the most recent Kodi 16 beta 5 or nightlies 16 RC1.

Comment

Hey everyone,
                  I'm a big fan of SPMC as it's less laggy on my my Matricom G-Box Midnight Q than Kodi. There is just one problem. I cannot change the view setting when I playback any video and while it's fine for videos with 1.77:1 or 1.85:1 it's fine with the widescreen TV I have. However if the video is 4:3 or say 2.35:1 it stretches the picture out without black bars. I have tried going through the view mode setting but the settings don't change. I also tried using my wireless keyboard and trying to use the Z button but each type I try it, same result. It stays at the same size.

I have included a couple of screenshots to show the difference. The one with black bars is when I play it in Kodi.while the other is with SPMC playing. Both are the default view modes but as I said cannot change the SPMC setting.

The Kodi version is 15.2 and SPMC is 13.4.0

Any help would be much appreciated
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by lummie View Post
                    Hey everyone,
                    I'm a big fan of SPMC as it's less laggy on my my Matricom G-Box Midnight Q than Kodi. There is just one problem. I cannot change the view setting when I playback any video and while it's fine for videos with 1.77:1 or 1.85:1 it's fine with the widescreen TV I have. However if the video is 4:3 or say 2.35:1 it stretches the picture out without black bars. I have tried going through the view mode setting but the settings don't change. I also tried using my wireless keyboard and trying to use the Z button but each type I try it, same result. It stays at the same size.

I have included a couple of screenshots to show the difference. The one with black bars is when I play it in Kodi.while the other is with SPMC playing. Both are the default view modes but as I said cannot change the SPMC setting.

The Kodi version is 15.2 and SPMC is 13.4.0

Any help would be much appreciated
                    Try using SPMC 15.
                    You can also disable hardware acceleration settings so videos play with the CPU.
                    You will then have options to change the view/zoom mode with the video icon while a video is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      Try using SPMC 15.
                      You can also disable hardware acceleration settings so videos play with the CPU.
                      You will then have options to change the view/zoom mode with the video icon while a video is playing.
                      Will give that a try. I noticed a couple of things when trying some changes.

- Using Hardware Acceleration, all the video settings are disabled (Zoom, pixel, brightness etc) are all unchangeable.
                      - I tried the software route but the video still had issues with picture size. I was able to change it but normal size still required some tinkering with the zoom aspect. The video was also a bit laggy but it was an option.

Thanks!

Comment

IS SPMC not being updated anymore? as kodi is 15.2 with RC3 for 16 yet the last build i can find for SPMC is 15.0

Comment

You can see the progress that Koying is making here: https://github.com/koying?tab=activity From what I can tell he's working on SPMC Jarvis

Comment

You can probably download it here when he's done. https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                              You can probably download it here when he's done. https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases
                              Looks like he Uploadedto github 16.1.0-spmc

Comment

Originally posted by kalrez View Post

Looks like he Uploadedto github 16.1.0-spmc
                                I noticed that too. Hopefully an apk is coming.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X