Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm i think i already give to you, extract it from this rom...
    720p = https://goo.gl/70aQxk
    1080p= https://goo.gl/FYBqw9
    You loose WIFI if you dont use my rom...
    Other than that no more new kernel from me to this devices...
    And no more offtopic from me....

Comment

Hi, I bought 5 units of minix X7 mini, and have been trying to make it work correctly with SPMC (isengard final) + TVHeadend HTSP Client v2.18 + rklibstagefright hardware acceleration, but I can't get any video on Live TV content (only audio works).

If I play a video from PleXBMC (for example) with rklibstagefright turned on it works correctly, also if I turn rklibstagefright off and play a LiveTV/TVHeadend channel it works, but video becomes crappy since the only available deinterlace methods are BOB / BOB - INVERTED, while "Software Blend" is the best and only available if I disable all hardware acceleration or use rklibstagefright.

But disabling all hardware acceleration makes playing movies (eg. PlexBMC) unusable switching on and off is not user friendly.

I've already tried the official firmware 011, community firmware 240 and wasser firmware 1.0.4.

I've also edited the build.prop on all of the above firmwares to include:
      video.use.overlay=1
      sys.ui.fakesize=1920x1080

None of them worked, I simply can't make TVHeadend HTSP Client work correctly with rklibstagefright

I would really appreciate if someone could help me make this work correctly, as only SPMC offers rklibstagefright and I'm sure there must be a way to make this work, I can provide credentials for my TVHeadend server for testing purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Cassio

Comment

Log files are here:

Comment

Have the same problem with the tvheadend I got only sound and the problem is also RKlibstagefright, and I have already asked koying for a while ago but he's answer was not clear, and he not seems want check it and see if it fixable, So I have left everything that has to do with Android and over the openelec and that is the best chose I have done

Comment

I've read this whole topic, and have seen some others with the same problem. Maybe Koying finds some spare time to have a look on this, would make all Minix/TVHeadend users really happy

Comment

After a few days of testing both RKlibstagefright and libstagefright on 15 aren't as good as RKlibstagefright is on 14.2 on Wasser's 2.0.9a. Switching back to 14.2.
              Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                After a few days of testing both RKlibstagefright and libstagefright on 15 aren't as good as RKlibstagefright is on 14.2 on Wasser's 2.0.9a. Switching back to 14.2.
                Are you also using TVHeadend HTSP Client?

Comment

Originally posted by cassioac View Post

Are you also using TVHeadend HTSP Client?
                  Nope. Just plain SPMC with a gigabit wired NAS. I tried playing 40GB ripped Blu Ray MKV's using a locally mounted USB3 SSD drive and I still had the same issues.

Comment

Anyone get force close/stopped responding message with latest SPMC 15 after exiting it?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      Anyone get force close/stopped responding message with latest SPMC 15 after exiting it?
                      Yes but only after the movie had hung or dropped the audio.

Comment

Tronsmart R28 Pro stock 111K firmware using SPMC 15, which accelerator would you guys recommend? rklibstagefright, libstagefright or mediacodec for video accelerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                          Tronsmart R28 Pro stock 111K firmware using SPMC 15, which accelerator would you guys recommend? rklibstagefright, libstagefright or mediacodec for video accelerator.
                          Disable everything and just enable Mediacodec.
                          That is the future of Kodi & SPMC.

Comment

Disable everything and just enable Mediacodec.
                            That is the future of Kodi & SPMC.
                            According to my experience the mediacodec still suffers from a major bug that still exists in all Kodi/SPMC builds :
                            If you seek multiple times to a previous video position while the video is running the video plays at 20-22 fps and stays that way which produces major stuttering
                            That lasts as long as the video file is playing , until you stop the video file and start it again , this bug exists in both h264 and h265 files.

In addition all video codecs (mediacodec-rkstagefright-libstagefright-native player) suffers from another major video bug in 4k playback:
                            Any video that contains fade to black sections or sections with mostly black area and small text or objects the video stutters immediately
                            In some cases it is sever like the LG 4k demo here (look when the oil starts to split shot):

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Or the elysium trailer here with many fade to black sections:

These are the two major bugs that i didn't see any rom / app solves until now (According to my experience)
                            It will be great if mo123 or anyone else can think of a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post

According to my experience the mediacodec still suffers from a major bug that still exists in all Kodi/SPMC builds :
                              If you seek multiple times to a previous video position while the video is running the video plays at 20-22 fps and stays that way which produces major stuttering
                              That lasts as long as the video file is playing , until you stop the video file and start it again , this bug exists in both h264 and h265 files.

In addition all video codecs (mediacodec-rkstagefright-libstagefright-native player) suffers from another major video bug in 4k playback:
                              Any video that contains fade to black sections or sections with mostly black area and small text or objects the video stutters immediately
                              In some cases it is sever like the LG 4k demo here (look when the oil starts to split shot):

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Or the elysium trailer here with many fade to black sections:

These are the two major bugs that i didn't see any rom / app solves until now (According to my experience)
                              It will be great if mo123 or anyone else can think of a solution.
                              Just tested elysium trailer and I had no dropped frames or stuttering with SPMC 15 on my HPH RK3288.
                              Video played very smooth.
                              Tried with Mediacodec and RKStagefright.

I did notice with Mediacodec the video felt 2 fps slower after multiple backward/forward seeking.
                              You should maybe make a log file and discuss it on the Kodi forum so it can get fixed and also send Koying on this & Kodi forum a PM.

I feel sorry for people with stuttering.
                              Always better to get a more expensive box with no problems afterwards then buying cheap things with no support.

I can make stutter free ROM's for every RK3288 device but it takes too much of my free time and I have to do it for free, haven't received a single donation the entire year.

Comment

Just tested elysium trailer and I had no dropped frames or stuttering with SPMC 15 on my HPH RK3288.
                                Video played very smooth.
                                Tried with Mediacodec and RKStagefright.

I did notice with Mediacodec the video felt 2 fps slower after multiple backward/forward seeking.
                                You should maybe make a log file and discuss it on the Kodi forum so it can get fixed and also send Koying on this & Kodi forum a PM.

I feel sorry for people with stuttering.
                                Always better to get a more expensive box with no problems afterwards then buying cheap things with no support.

I can make stutter free ROM's for every RK3288 device but it takes too much of my free time and I have to do it for free, haven't received a single donation the entire year.
                                Thanks, Mo! You and your ROMs rock!

;-)
                                -SB
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                                Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                                Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                                RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                                ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Working...
                                X