This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post
    Is it anything bad to let the acceleration via software instead for the 3 codec because I have switch them off,I have notice the tvheadend work when i switched to only software ...thanks

There's nothing wrong with just using software acceleration if everything looks and works fine.

Comment

it's play mostly all pretty well via software acceleration but the cpu work much more than usual with only software, it's shame with that power my box have that can't exploit it to the max

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post

It is working on my Minix neo x7 using wasser fw. I changed the video.overlay= 0 to 1, and also added the line sys.ui.fakesize = 1920x1080 using the build.prop editor. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. See post 377 on how to do this. Good luck
        The problem is that in official Minix X7 KitKat 230 there is no prop sys.ui.fakesize. Setting video.overlay=1 does not help.

Comment

FWIW, rkstf works fine on my X7 with last official 4.2.2 firmware (010).
          Looks like it definitely doesn't work on various 3188 + 4.4 (KK), though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ico747 View Post

The problem is that in official Minix X7 KitKat 230 there is no prop sys.ui.fakesize. Setting video.overlay=1 does not help.
            If it was there it would be working . The problem is that you need to add that line to build.prop, not change it.

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post

Are You using the box connected throughout A/V output or via HDMI output ?
              Alessandro
              I'm using hdmi

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
                FWIW, rkstf works fine on my X7 with last official 4.2.2 firmware (010).
                Looks like it definitely doesn't work on various 3188 + 4.4 (KK), though.
                Hey, Koying.

Here is my FWIW.

I have 2 MK902s with 3188s.

Both have the latest SMIC KitKat.

Both have the overlay and fakesize set in build.props

And rkstf is working perfectly. (The smoothest playback I have seen yet on an Android TV box)

Comment

Setting video.overlay=1 does not help.
                  The correct parameter is 'video.use.overlay'.
                  NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                  NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                  Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                    The correct parameter is 'video.use.overlay'.
                    Yes I set video.use.overlay=1
                    I added the line sys.ui.fakesize = 1920x1080
                    Now I have picture with very strong pink background and pale picture.

Comment

Now I have picture with very strong pink background and pale picture.
                      Weird. I have tested these parameters on my X7 with both Wasser-1.0.4 and CE-2.1.0 and, besides the slightly weird-looking recent apps list, have had no problerms.
                      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Hi!
                        Just wonder if you plan to add support for DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD that was recently fixed by rockchip? :-)

Comment

They've added HD Audio to their closed-source rkffplayer but I don't see anything usable on the pure android side, i.e. for Kodi/SPMC.

The openhour guys have already requested the rkffplayer sources to RK for me, but it seems they are very protective of their player sources for whatever reason (even if I already signed an NDA with them).
                          Maybe if a significant number of RK resellers do the same, they'll actually provide them to me, who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
                            who knows
                            Who knows, indeed. Regardless, I truly appreciate everything you've done with SPMC, sir.
                            Buy me a beer?

Comment

For those who have tried both, which release should I update to, 15.0a1 or 14.2?

I realize 14.2 is probably more stable, but I'm curious about 15. Are there any great, new features in 15 that would make it a better choice? Major differences?

Koying, do you need tester feedback for 15? I'm willing...I have an mk903v3, R89, and ADT-1. I'm pretty sure they are all currently running 14.1.

I noticed the 14.2 changelog says allows volume control (if any). I will be interested to see if this helps me with the problem I was having on ADT-1.

Has the crash which always happens to me when I seek to the start of a stream using the progress bar at the bottom been fixed in any of the newer releases? All releases since 14.0 b1 have had this problem for me (up until what I'm currently using, which is 14.1).

Thanks again for all your hard work and the awesome player!
                              Cheers,
                              -SB
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                              Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                              Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                              RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                              ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by freddy_krueger View Post

Hi Koyinng , thanks for your work but i have problem with my new box ( Vigica c90s , Amlogic s805 )
                                after the first screen boot , i have blank screen , i can hear touch sound , but black screen
                                Same issue with kodi 14.2 to 15 alpha
                                Only kodi 14.0 work without problem
                                Could you help me ?
                                thank you

the factory try to update the new firmware for kodi 14.2 now, it seems kodi 14.2 dont have any problem in android system, but if make in android with DVB part, meet some difficulty, but let;s wait together.

about the blank screen, your box is ok now?
                                Vigica C60S/ Vigica C70S Android with DVB-S2
                                Vigica C60T/ Vigica C70T Android with DVB-T2,

Comment

Working...
                                X