Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which version of xbmc are you guys using

Comment

ok I tried the combo works well except 1080P one movie froze up and audio kept playing

Comment

Originally posted by lokster View Post
        ok I tried the combo works well except 1080P one movie froze up and audio kept playing
        Maybe it has to do with the app's ability to cope with variations in movies' encoding/containers/audio streams...

Comment

which version of xbmc are you guys using
          BeyondXBMC by Flumpster: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...BMC-(Beta-3-1)
          Last edited by SLHQC; 02-06-2014, 02:55. Reason: Dyslexia...

Comment

Originally posted by southpole View Post
            I like Finless 1.8 and wasser 1.2.4 (kernel-1080p-ut1) kernel...ethernet has been solid...testing wifi now...

I took your advise with the fixed channel on wifi, will test it...

southpole
            Update on this...

Setup a static ip in my router, no more wifi dropping out...

Unit works great...

Thanks SLHQC!!!

southpole

Comment

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
              Apologies to LCBXX and southpole for mistakenly attributing southpole as the person who started this thread in my earlier post.

Just for anyone else trying to figure out which way to go, I can report that on my UT1 the Finless neo X7 1.6 rom paired with the Rileyrom 1.1 kernel is working very well so far.

I managed to stream a 1080p movie over Wi-Fi in full with Dolby digital passthrough and no crashes. The playback was silky smooth. DTS working also.

My YouTube issue also appears to have been resolved - everything is stable. I will report back if anything changes.
              ok I have officially tried a shit load of combinations and like above the only thing working correctly is Finless 1.6 full flash with stock boot and 1080no air kernel then I flashed riley 1.1 kernel wifi and Ethernet works 100%

I tried finless 1.8 but didn't work as well as 1.6

Comment

ok I have officially tried a shit load of combinations and like above the only thing working correctly is Finless 1.6 full flash with stock boot and 1080no air kernel then I flashed riley 1.1 kernel wifi and Ethernet works 100%

I tried finless 1.8 but didn't work as well as 1.6

Good to hear! I'm currently trying 1.8. Seems good, smooth, responsive etc...except that sometimes there's no sound when the unit first boots up. If I go into the settings and toggle the sound output driver it seems to come back... will have to investigate further.

Comment

Update on this...

Setup a static ip in my router, no more wifi dropping out...

Unit works great...

Thanks SLHQC!!!

southpole
                  Tops! How's finless 1.8 working out for you? Any sound issues? (See previous post)

Comment

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
                    Tops! How's finless 1.8 working out for you? Any sound issues? (See previous post)
                    Finless 1.8 been working good, never had any sound issues...

Comment

Finless 1.8 been working good, never had any sound issues...
                      Is this with the Riley kernel? What sound output device do you use? I have mine set to the passthrough option. I find that if I run Netflix or MX player for example after booting up, there is no sound. If I then switch to settings and toggle the sound device manager to RK29_RK100 then back to RK29_RK100 PASSTHROUGH the sound comes on and works fine after that.

Apart from this it is really solid. Absolutely no crashes... Netflix image quality still underwhelming, though, which had nothing to do with the installed rom I suspect.

Comment

regarding the Netflix image quality, there is a setting in the Netflix settings itself that i had to manually set to HD in order to get the best picture quality.

hows 1080p playback? its been awhile since i tested this but so far the only rom/kernel that had flawless 1080p playback was wasser's 1.2.4 firmware

Comment

No 5.1 sound

Ok, I am certainly not right here, but I am not sure where to post since I use finless 1.6 for a different device and Riley 1.1 kernel which is basically the stock kernel if I recall correctly.

I can't get my box to output 5.1 sound. I have it hooked up via optical cable to my receiver but it only plays 2.1. I tried various ROM/Kernel combos and with MX Player, Archos Video Player (really nice btw) and obviously the Rolls Royce, Beyond XBMC 3.3 with both local and NAS files.
                          I know that the files are OK because they play just perfect on my PS3 with showtime media player.

Just yesterday I actually had the distorted sound problem with finless 1.6/Riley 1.1, but I suspect it was a bad kernel flash. I havent tried since. Before, I was running 1.8 with Riley 1.1 fairly successful, but the lack of OC is not helping with smooth playback and the 5.1 sound also never worked.

I use the passthrough sound option, well, actually, I tried all of them.

Did any of you experience anything similar and whats the fix? Or is my hardware faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Geenyous View Post
                            Ok, I am certainly not right here, but I am not sure where to post since I use finless 1.6 for a different device and Riley 1.1 kernel which is basically the stock kernel if I recall correctly.

I can't get my box to output 5.1 sound. I have it hooked up via optical cable to my receiver but it only plays 2.1. I tried various ROM/Kernel combos and with MX Player, Archos Video Player (really nice btw) and obviously the Rolls Royce, Beyond XBMC 3.3 with both local and NAS files.
                            I know that the files are OK because they play just perfect on my PS3 with showtime media player.

Just yesterday I actually had the distorted sound problem with finless 1.6/Riley 1.1, but I suspect it was a bad kernel flash. I havent tried since. Before, I was running 1.8 with Riley 1.1 fairly successful, but the lack of OC is not helping with smooth playback and the 5.1 sound also never worked.

I use the passthrough sound option, well, actually, I tried all of them.

Did any of you experience anything similar and whats the fix? Or is my hardware faulty?
                            Does the rom you are using have a hacked libmedia.so included? That is needed.
                            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                              Does the rom you are using have a hacked libmedia.so included? That is needed.
                              Hmm, I am not sure, I am using finless 1.6 and had 1.8 before, both had no surround... where can I get that module? and I can just put it in the right folder and reboot, right?

EDIT:
                              OK, 1.6 does not have it. So I need to get a patched libmedia file. So, installing 1.6 and then flashing Riley does not give a proper, fully funktional box. How did you guys do it or are you not using 5.1?

EDIT2: Even after replacing the libmedia.so file with one I found in finless 1.6 thread (v5), still no surround. Can anybody that claims his box is near 100% please exactly explain us what they did to get surround sound working?
                              Thanks!

EDIT3: I love how posting a rather straight forward question about a pretty basic function for a TV/Media Box just killed this thread, impressive!
                              Last edited by Geenyous; 02-28-2014, 02:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X