How to root Polaroid S8-S10 > TUT <

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMisYMMV View Post
    I did enable hidden developer options and then noticed USB debugging is already enabled, so I followed your instructions about disabling and enabling USB debugger opton, done several times, but windows does not seem to recognize it.

Update
    Just to make sure, I followed this process one more time. But disable-enabling the USB debugger option, driver installation did not kick off, so guessing adb thing does not work in this image.
    Only difference I see from what you wrote is, my device did not automatically boot after firmware upgrade. I got firmware upgrade successful message on Windows, then I had to manually power on the tablet. Thats the only difference. Apart from that I followed your instructions to T.
    Is there anything I am missing?

perhaps you need to change the drivers for windows.. here is a driver that i have used that works..

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

when you plug your tablet in.. it should show up as 'Android Composite ADB Interface' in device manager under 'Android USB Devices' heading..

UPDATE: you may also try these drivers.. these should show up as 'Android ADB Interface'

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk3dx5kr1j9i6p4/ADB_Drivers.zip

Comment

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
      perhaps you need to change the drivers for windows.. here is a driver that i have used that works..

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

when you plug your tablet in.. it should show up as 'Android Composite ADB Interface' in device manager under 'Android USB Devices' heading..

UPDATE: you may also try these drivers.. these should show up as 'Android ADB Interface'

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk3dx5kr1j9i6p4/ADB_Drivers.zip

None of the drivers are yet usable, as the system is not asking me for driver installation. It does not install the drivers in the firmware mode. As soon as I swith tablet on, the device in device manager disappers as if I plugged the device out.

Lucky you got it rooted.
      What is the exact process you followed?

BTW, I have also flashed the original-pre-google image you uploaded. I have the same issue with it. adb does not work. Windows does not ask for driver installation, when I plug in the powered on tablet.

Is it my Windows or my tablet, is any one else able to root this using this or another approach?

Comment

None of the drivers are yet usable, as the system is not asking me for driver installation. It does not install the drivers in the firmware mode. As soon as I swith tablet on, the device in device manager disappers as if I plugged the device out.

Lucky you got it rooted.
        What is the exact process you followed?

BTW, I have also flashed the original-pre-google image you uploaded. I have the same issue with it. adb does not work. Windows does not ask for driver installation, when I plug in the powered on tablet.

Is it my Windows or my tablet, is any one else able to root this using this or another approach?

you probably need to go into device manager and change the driver manually.. just click on update driver and point the updater to the folder with the extracted drivers.. this is a windows problem..

by default the tablet maker locked down the device by not allowing adb and securing the tablet with other settings.. the pre-google firmware does not have this security..

i have flashed the google-updated image maybe 20 times testing different rom configurations. the steps i listed are the only ones i use to root my device... of-course, i spent much time sorting through drivers until i was able to do what i wanted..

please use the drivers provided and you should be able to have adb.. what is your device manager saying when you plug the device in? does it list an android device at all?

Comment

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
          you probably need to go into device manager and change the driver manually.. just click on update driver and point the updater to the folder with the extracted drivers.. this is a windows problem..

by default the tablet maker locked down the device by not allowing adb and securing the tablet with other settings.. the pre-google firmware does not have this security..

i have flashed the google-updated image maybe 20 times testing different rom configurations. the steps i listed are the only ones i use to root my device... of-course, i spent much time sorting through drivers until i was able to do what i wanted..

please use the drivers provided and you should be able to have adb.. what is your device manager saying when you plug the device in? does it list an android device at all?
          When I plugin the tablet in flash mode, I see a device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) in the USB controllers list, the driver installs for it fine as PhoenixSuit is already installed and it gets it from there, this works for flashing.

But once I power on the tablet, this device disappears. I dont see any device anywhere in devicemanager as if nothing is plugged. So there is no device for me there to change the driver. I did this with stock rom, your modded rom with USB debugging disabled-enabled. Nothing seems to work.

Comment

Motochopper

I used the Motochopper method to root my S7 after installing the update from Southern Telecom.

Motochopper can "root" your Android phone or tablet if you have an Android device compatible with Motochopper. If it is not compatible we have other safe tools to "root".

Comment

Originally posted by jup68 View Post
              I used the Motochopper method to root my S7 after installing the update from Southern Telecom.

http://hexamob.com/how-to-root/motochopper-method/
              Is your S7 detected by windows when plugged in ?
              S8 (atleast mine) seems to have this weird issue, Windows can not detect it when plugged in, even thought I enabled USB debugging in developer options.

Comment

Polaroid A/S 8 Rooted W Modified Stock

Used Kingo Root d/l from cnet worked great. Also tried the other modified electrik but it fudged up. Now looking for cwm and custom rom

Comment

easy root from recovery

crap, I saw someone in the start of thread to install update before doing this. oh well.
                  The tablet seems much more responsive after update, it was simply unusable before, was thinking of returning it. I would rather have an un-rootable one than the sluggish one that frustrates.

Is there any safe way to have both root and update it?
                  This is a (very) small how-to regarding Root on Generic (unbranded, mostly called "MID") Android Tablets with aml8726-mx platform. This file was made originally for Ainol Novo 7 Crystal tablet, but it works (or should work) on all devices based...

It works perfectly on s8 & s10 using zip file from recovery, just follow instructions like here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2371614. Ty Ron. :-)

Comment

Easy Root

Originally posted by jsta6 View Post
                    Thanks!

Anyone else try this?
                    There is a way easier Root Method Its simple just a few steps and its has google play store with root and TWRP recovery its an all in one I used all the steps and now have Root access and custom recovery Twrp is the recovery and Im going to start makin a custom rom for this device Im going to build off the Motorola Droid Razr Hd" s rom the ,S/8 s rom and razr hd are almost exactly the same anyone needing the info for root jus reply and ill post it or get you the guy here on frezktabs forum he is the one gave me the info he bascially walked me thru with the steps he emailed me and i give him big thank you he is the man and glad he helped me root this tablet and would like to pass on the help

Comment

Root 4 S/8

Originally posted by Droider82 View Post
                      There is a way easier Root Method Its simple just a few steps and its has google play store with root and TWRP recovery its an all in one I used all the steps and now have Root access and custom recovery Twrp is the recovery and Im going to start makin a custom rom for this device Im going to build off the Motorola Droid Razr Hd" s rom the ,S/8 s rom and razr hd are almost exactly the same anyone needing the info for root jus reply and ill post it or get you the guy here on frezktabs forum he is the one gave me the info he bascially walked me thru with the steps he emailed me and i give him big thank you he is the man and glad he froot this tablet and would like to pass on the help
                      =Ok the guy that helped me gain root access and everything that i explained above
                      find =====)guessyet find him he will probably wouldnt mind helping you just ask him to send you the steps there very easy and Quick steps as easy 123 i belive it took me 5 mins from start to finish

Comment

Originally posted by rubberman36, View Post
                        http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2146226&page=4

It works perfectly on s8 & s10 using zip file from recovery, just follow instructions like here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2371614. Ty Ron. :-)

Hi,
                        What is the key sequence to get into stock recovery. I am looking for a root option from sd card as both of my computers wont recognize the tablet when powered on.

Comment

Originally posted by Droider82 View Post
                          =Ok the guy that helped me gain root access and everything that i explained above
                          find =====)guessyet find him he will probably wouldnt mind helping you just ask him to send you the steps there very easy and Quick steps as easy 123 i belive it took me 5 mins from start to finish
                          Some reason why you don't just post the steps here and save everyone a lot of trouble instead?

Comment

Working...
                          X